Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your latest watch

dks · 988 · 61926

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: What is your latest watch
Reply #690 on: May 07, 2018, 12:03:21 AM
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #692 on: May 07, 2018, 02:51:31 AM
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #694 on: May 09, 2018, 01:10:08 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Just arrived today.

:2tu:

Very nice

John
+1
Nice!
JR

I see what you mean JR, Clown has good taste!  :tu:
I’d say, with all the diff manufactures that make that same style I gotta say I like that one the most with the best layout, all number markers, 5-55 rather then 24hr numbers, and being solar rather then self winding or battery..
JR

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #695 on: May 09, 2018, 02:41:19 AM

Just arrived today.

Very nice

John
+1
Nice!
JR

I’d say, with all the diff manufactures that make that same style I gotta say I like that one the most with the best layout, all number markers, 5-55 rather then 24hr numbers, and being solar rather then self winding or battery..
JR

My thoughts  exactly.  I looked at all those watches you pictured but the face and solar of the Citizen sold me.  There were few others I liked a little better but they were out if my $90 budget.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #696 on: May 09, 2018, 04:04:19 AM

Just arrived today.

Very nice

John
+1
Nice!
JR

JR

My thoughts  exactly.  I looked at all those watches you pictured but the face and solar of the Citizen sold me.  There were few others I liked a little better but they were out if my $90 budget.
Right, the other thing that caught my attention was the water resistant,

Seiko,
Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming

Timex
Water-resistant up to 30 m

Yet a citizen
Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
JR

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #697 on: May 09, 2018, 11:11:59 AM

Just arrived today.

Very nice

John
+1
Nice!
JR

JR

Right, the other thing that caught my attention was the water resistant,

Seiko,
Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming

Timex
Water-resistant up to 30 m

Yet a citizen
Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
JR
What's important about WR is what it's going to be subjected to. I agree that 30m is OK to survive a downpour but definitely wouldn't wear it in a shower or a hot tub. That rating on a Seiko raised my eyebrows. I've used 50m rated in military river crossings but it's not something you'd want to do with an older watch having that rating, especially a quartz that's been through two or three battery changes. The Seiko SNZG09 with 7S36 is rated to 100m as is the Seiko SRP275 with a 4R36 inside (the latter from 2012/2013 is very difficult to find now). Both are quasi-military field watches. I give them quasi-mil status as the crystals are dead flat on both of them, making them circular disk reflecting mirrors in direct sun. OK for a field watch. Both of those are mechanical which may not have fit your other criteria and might have pushed the budget some depending on where you could find them.

John
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:17:55 AM by jalind »
John

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #698 on: May 09, 2018, 11:47:45 AM
Recieved my G-Shock GX56BB-1 today and am loving it already. It is a very large watch but I do not mind that at all. Even with its gigantic size it does not feel any more of a presence on my wrist than any of my other G-Shocks which is nice. I love that it is solar and it is actually my first solar watch. The bottoms are a bit harder to press than other G’s as it’s specifically mud resistant, but I knew that before buying and it actually gives me more piece of mind that debris and water will not enter the watch through that area. It has the same functions as my GD-350’s which is perfect. I love the blacked out look and the negative display is easy to read as with my other negative display G’s. All in all it’s a winner so far in my book. Couldn’t be happier at the moment.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline redmond

Reply #699 on: May 09, 2018, 04:43:25 PM
I just received this Seiko as a retirement gift!

Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #700 on: May 09, 2018, 04:57:07 PM
Recieved my G-Shock GX56BB-1 today and am loving it already. It is a very large watch but I do not mind that at all. Even with its gigantic size it does not feel any more of a presence on my wrist than any of my other G-Shocks which is nice. I love that it is solar and it is actually my first solar watch. The bottoms are a bit harder to press than other G’s as it’s specifically mud resistant, but I knew that before buying and it actually gives me more piece of mind that debris and water will not enter the watch through that area. It has the same functions as my GD-350’s which is perfect. I love the blacked out look and the negative display is easy to read as with my other negative display G’s. All in all it’s a winner so far in my book. Couldn’t be happier at the moment.  :tu:
A very nice watch Capt, I have one myself, yeah a little BIG, but nice and yeah those buttons can be a little hard to push! I kinda wish I got the normal screen rather then the blacked out, funny thing is two days before I bought mine the prices switch, the normal screen was the price of the blacked out, then when I bought mine the normal went back up to like $300, kinda wish I went for it but the blacked out is cool just have to get used to it when even a little dark out you got to hit the light, but the nice thing no more batteries! I have another that is atomic and solar, no batteries and no setting time, unless going into another time zone.. welcome to the solar club :tu:
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #701 on: May 09, 2018, 05:05:01 PM

:cheers: heres to retirement.  Enjoy this next chapter to the fullest. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline redmond

Reply #702 on: May 09, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

:cheers: heres to retirement.  Enjoy this next chapter to the fullest.
THANKS! That's the plan. Been retired a week and I think I'm working harder than before. Hint: don't have your wife retire before you do. The honey-do list is impressive...
Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #703 on: May 11, 2018, 01:43:16 PM

Congrats!  :cheers:
Enjoy retirement!

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #704 on: May 11, 2018, 04:19:01 PM
Seiko Prospex PADI Turtle
SRPA21J1 4R36 Jul 2017

Seiko once again pays homage to its own past, this time with a 200m air diver to their venerated 6309 made from the mid-1970's into the late 1980's. This special edition (unnumbered) Prospex PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) features the blue and red PADI colors.

This is an original 6309-7049 black dial and bezel from 1981 . . .

Comapare with the new Prospex PADI Turtle in PADI colors. Not much difference other than the colors, some of the dial logos, and the seconds hand.

Case back has the Seiko Tsunami indicating it's a certified dive watch

Lume is what one would expect from Seiko: beacon bright.

Case shape, like the original 6309, wears well on the wrist with its slightly curved profile.

John

us Offline Iron Man 2

• I'm Iron Man☺😎
Reply #705 on: July 21, 2018, 12:09:31 AM
My latest is a G-Shock.
Hello Beastie.

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #706 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:38 AM
This is my newest a Deep Blue.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:01:43 AM by eTripper »
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #707 on: November 01, 2018, 08:48:28 AM
Just got the Garmin Instinct.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #708 on: November 01, 2018, 11:12:26 AM

Hey stranger, how you doing?

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #709 on: November 01, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

Good :tu: just been lurking.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #710 on: November 02, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

Nice, I kinda miss lurking. Kiddo must be all grown up by now yeah, she at school yet?

cs Offline marko14

• No Life Club
Reply #711 on: November 03, 2018, 12:25:59 AM
Citizen Skyhawk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

20180518_083140.jpeg
* 20180518_083140.jpeg (Filesize: 87.9 KB)

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #712 on: November 03, 2018, 06:27:50 AM

Nice, I kinda miss lurking. Kiddo must be all grown up by now yeah, she at school yet?
Just started kindergarten :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #713 on: November 03, 2018, 06:28:21 AM
Citizen Skyhawk

Nice watch!

cs Offline marko14

• No Life Club
Reply #714 on: November 03, 2018, 06:36:34 AM
Citizen Skyhawk

Nice watch!
Thank you mrynnr

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #715 on: November 04, 2018, 03:03:47 AM
This post probably qualities for multiple threads: EDC Watch, What did you get in the mail today, What watch are you wearing......
Anyways, I got my new watch in today, so off with the old and on with the new.

EDCWatch_04 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

EDCWatch_01 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

EDCWatch_02 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

EDCWatch_03 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

EDCWatch_05 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr

Somedays, I hate the mail(person) because they deliver is junk mail and lately election junk mail. Other days, I want to invite the mail(person) in for a cup and coffee and stay THANKS for bring me my new stuff without destroying the packaging. Anyways, my newest watch has arrived is being worn presently. Still more stuff to come in the mail soon (I hope)!
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

us Offline GrandpaPatch

Reply #716 on: November 04, 2018, 04:16:23 AM
WOOHOO! :ahhh Just finished posting about my new watch that I received today and the wife comes home with another watch for me. I am not a watch collector and having two watches (shown above) is the usual. The old one comes off, sets in a drawer until I get tired of it and then it goes to my first grandson (not my first granschild) or it gets 86'd. The wife new I was wanting a plain analog watch and that I had ordered one already. Still she comes home with this watch that she got off the $10 rack at WallyWorld (Wal-Mart). So, yeah, WOOHOO. Doubling down on watches today!

EDCWatch_06 by Grandpa Patch, on Flickr
The SAK Whittling Club |
Is it better to carry a 'paddle' or to be "up a creek" without one?

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #717 on: November 05, 2018, 04:00:34 AM
Got this one awhile back. Never heard of the Diesel brand but I guess they are supposed to be half decent. The band needed a little  repair ala CA adhesive as they are apparently no longer available and nothing even remotely comes close to substituting.Took awhile to figure out how to set the two time zones but finally worked it out.Two separate timing devices inside the watch and over time they get out of synch but no big deal.Not very heavy so fairly comfortable to wear.
The second Diesel I found at an antique shop for $15 and it looked fairly new. Problem was the bracelet was too small. Found a couple of links in my parts stash that fit with a little filing and while not identical work fine and are out of sight near the clasp.
DieselDZ-7190 1341009 OnlyTheBrave.JPG
* DieselDZ-7190 1341009 OnlyTheBrave.JPG (Filesize: 42.88 KB)
Diesel1208-111309 OnlyTheBrave.JPG
* Diesel1208-111309 OnlyTheBrave.JPG (Filesize: 47.77 KB)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #718 on: December 07, 2018, 04:14:39 PM
I just ordered a Victorinox I.N.O.X. watch from a Spanish eBay seller because it was 50% off (well, actually, the price was already pretty good and I had a 20% discount voucher, so in the end I paid roughly half of the list price here in the Netherlands).

Awesome! You'll have to show us pics once you get it!  :D

Sure!
It's not the Sky High version though. I wish it was...

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #719 on: December 11, 2018, 01:11:12 PM
Here's my latest one:

You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%