Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm in the smart watch club now

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: I'm in the smart watch club now
Reply #60 on: November 01, 2017, 02:38:12 PM
Are there any good 'apps' for that Nate?
Not sure Mags. I can't find the USB plug in yet or the button for Bluetooth.  :facepalm:
Hmmmm  :think: I wonder if it's one of those telekinetic connections. Think reeeeeeeeally hard about getting your watch to turn the lights on. Any good?

I'm testing it now as a remote viewer. Thinking hard now........ Are you, Molle ShopToad and Dolly having a tea party with tiny pink cupcakes? Are you wearing a gingham pinafore?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #61 on: November 01, 2017, 03:25:01 PM
Not sure Mags. I can't find the USB plug in yet or the button for Bluetooth.  :facepalm:
Hmmmm  :think: I wonder if it's one of those telekinetic connections. Think reeeeeeeeally hard about getting your watch to turn the lights on. Any good?

I'm testing it now as a remote viewer. Thinking hard now........ Are you, Molle ShopToad and Dolly having a tea party with tiny pink cupcakes? Are you wearing a gingham pinafore?
Almost nailed it mags! Shoptoad is in hibernation. Must be the long distance connection.
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #62 on: November 01, 2017, 03:53:38 PM

Almost nailed it mags! Shoptoad is in hibernation. Must be the long distance connection.
Yup, there's a time lag - y'awl are carving pumpkins. Dang this new technology. I'd take the watch back Nate - Tell them the telekinetic connection needs adjusting. They'll understand.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #63 on: November 03, 2017, 03:35:50 PM
And after this post, no one bought a smarsmurfch?

I have two now... does that count?  :D

I still have the Pebble Talk, but my regular watch now is a Samsung Gear- the original, not any of the newer, cooler, more recent versions.

Def

What's battery life like on it?

Depending on the amount of usage, I can get 3-4 days fairly easily out of the Pebble, or one day out of the Samsung.  It is usually around 45% when I charge it at night- if I was careful with it during the day and turned it off at night I could easily stretch the Gear to two days.  Bear in mind that this is an old watch (in terms of technology) and is already four years old, and there are two more generations of the Gear watch available since then.  I would imagine most of us don't even have the same phones we had in 2013, so I am not sure any info I have is of much use to anyone... :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline duky

Reply #64 on: December 19, 2017, 10:26:52 AM
My new smart watch amazfit bip. Long last battery time up to 45 days.
It measure steps, calories, distance, heart rate. GPS for tracking your activity.
Other functions as smart alarm (with app tools and amazfit), sleep tracker, weather, compass, timer etc.
Notifications for any app, so you can have phone in the rucksack or pocket and read text on the watch (but with no possibility to answer).

I like it :)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #65 on: December 19, 2017, 06:56:28 PM
It looks pretty cool!

I've never heard of that one but I may have to look into it.  45 day battery life is pretty sweet- if I really go to some effort I can get my Gear to last two days, and my Pebble will go up to 5.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

My girlfriend gave me the latest greatest iwatch for christmas this year. It works calling and textingand GPS  and all sorts of apps without a cellphone and tracks calories, heart rate, distances, breathing, and tons of stuff. Needless to say i am blown away.

Offline duky

Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 02:24:20 AM
It looks pretty cool!

I've never heard of that one but I may have to look into it.  45 day battery life is pretty sweet- if I really go to some effort I can get my Gear to last two days, and my Pebble will go up to 5.

Def
After 4 weeks still have 36% battery :).
And new strap :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD