Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nitecore Tube video review.

Gareth · 34 · 4272

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Nitecore Tube video review.
Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 09:40:01 AM
Had one of these for a while and I like it. It's simple, light as a feather and lasts for ages in low mode. I often use this at work when I have to stay overnight somewhere. I just leave it on low all night so if I wake up I can immediately see where I am in unfamiliar surroundings. Saves me fumbling for a light if I need the toilet or whatever. I get 4/5 nights use out of it before it needs recharging. I didn't need to buy a separate charging cable for it as it charges off my tablet charger and Mrs Dunkeld's smartphone charger. The variable setting is clever but in practice I tend to use only the low and high. I keep it on my vehicle keychain and it's becoming increasingly used as winter approaches. Another thing I like about it is it's slightly unusual shape.... makes it immediately identifiable when you rummage for it in your pocket/in the dark as it's the only thing that shape and feel. After a while you find your thumb just automatically comes to rest on the wee rubber button and the click is reassuringly positive. One thing it has never done once is turn itself on in my pocket and I carry it all the time.

I also carry a water/drop-proof phone that has a brilliant flashlight with a super-long battery life (b2100) and it's still the light I tend to reach for just through force of habit, but the tube is beginning to pay it's way. It and the phone are the only lights I edc. Between the two I could get by for weeks if I had to away from any charging source.

Best of all it's cheap as chips.   :)

Wow, that's pretty impressive.  I really cannot say enough good things about the Tube, it really does cover my day-to-day needs.  Now that might not be the case if I was still working as a building engineer, but these days I'm a full time Dad and I really don't need to be able to see down long runs of duct-work. :D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 09:49:51 AM
I've still not needed to charge mine since I got it, although it hasn't been my primary light. I do have another two on the way now though. The Tube won't replace all my other lights as I do need bigger/brighter lights at times, but it's certainly the best keyring light I have ever owned, and as a lightweight back up to my main light, or for days when I'm just relying on what's on the keyrings (Vic Manager and Gerber Dime), I can't find fault with it at all

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline tommywp

Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 12:13:29 AM
Real nice review. Comparison to the Classic was exactly what I was looking for!  :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 11:21:07 AM
Real nice review. Comparison to the Classic was exactly what I was looking for!  :cheers:

Cheers mate, glad it helped.  :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%