Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Official Multitool.org Merit Badge Instruction Thread

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
I know, I know, we promised this long ago, but we had a lot of tweaking to do, and finally, here it is!

To see what badges are available and which ones you may qualify for, you can see the full list by going to PROFILE at the top of your screen, then AWARDS and SHOW AVAILABLE AWARDS.

Step 1:

Once you have completed the requirements for the Merit Badge you are interested in you should copy the link to the thread (usually looks something like this:  forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic and a bunch of numbers) that contains your photos.  Then go to PROFILE at the top and select FORUM PROFILE.

Step 2:

Once in your Profile you will see an AWARDS option at the top.  Use it to select SHOW AVAILABLE AWARDS.

Step 3:

You should now see a list of all available awards.  If you click on the little person icon on the right you will see a list of everyone who has that particular award, or you can click on the little hand with the crown to request the award.  In this example you see the Fish Scaler badge being requested.

Step 4:

To request the badge simple paste either the link to your last day post (7th, 15th or 30th) in a challenge, or the link to your non-challenge badge thread"  into the box and click Request Award.  Moderator staff will get an alert to let them know there is a pending Merit Badge request and will verify your claim and approve your badge, which will show up automatically in your signature line.

Good luck and happy badge hunting!

Def
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 05:02:01 PM by SteveC »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Official Multitool.org Merit Badge Instruction Thread
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 03:56:58 PM
Excellent.
A shorter route: clicking on the yellow guy below your avatar also brings you to the awards section in your profile :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 04:02:23 PM
Good point!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 04:25:35 PM
Good work.

I would also suggest, if I may, that when an award is not approved a rejection/notification message should go to the members via PM.

Thus the member will know if their request was actually received or lost in the e-mail.

I have asked for a couple of rewards, and was realistically unworthy of them (playing on the rules)  :D , but I have not received the award or any message telling me if the message/request I sent was received-seen-rejected..
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
Good work.

I would also suggest, if I may, that when an award is not approved a rejection/notification message should go to the members via PM.

Thus the member will know if their request was actually received or lost in the e-mail.

I have asked for a couple of rewards, and was realistically unworthy of them (playing on the rules)  :D , but I have not received the award or any message telling me if the message/request I sent was received-seen-rejected..

That certainly sounds reasonable enough.

MOTION DENIED!

Just kidding.  I see no reason not to do this.

Def

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 04:45:49 PM
Good work.

That certainly sounds reasonable enough.

MOTION DENIED!

Just kidding.  I see no reason not to do this.

Def
We need a merit badge, for people who got at least 3 merit badge requests denied... :rofl:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 04:51:13 PM
I definitely fulfill these requirements  :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 04:15:40 PM
Can i try several badges in one thread? Or do i have to make new thread for every merit badge i am going for?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 05:20:58 PM
Go for it. 

The point of starting a new thread was so that the Mods didn't have to try and find the sixth post on page 13 of some unrelated thread.  If the stuff is related or you want to keep your merit badge attempts in one thread, by all means, have at it.

Def

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 07:23:23 AM
Might I suggest we remove the yellow and green challenge badges? They just clutter stuff and I doubt many people have it... you either go full red or don't do anything at all... this way in a year we'll have 70 challenge badges out of which 2/3 noone has...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 07:27:57 AM
I've been thinking much the same thing.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:56:31 AM
    Hmm... :pok: no Solar user or Kukri owning badges?? Would definitely say those were unique. You got MT, knife, and axe afterall. And none for GPS hounds? GEO Cachers.  :think:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:57:34 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 01:23:54 PM
These are all possibilities- go ahead and sell me on it.  :D

Def

gb Offline EddieEnzyme

Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 10:56:40 AM
Hello.

Could I suggest an "Archer" badge in the User section?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 11:46:44 AM
Hello.

Could I suggest an "Archer" badge in the User section?

What are you thinking we should require for that badge?  Photos of your usual choice of multitool for adjusting your bow? 

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 12:45:45 PM
I have suggested it before that we need some easy badges for people to achieve, like a red scales SAK badge, for having 1 or 2 or 3 of them, or a car user, for a picture of your car with some multitool being used to fix it, or even an offroader badge, for using multitools on an offroad vehicle.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 01:08:04 AM
I have suggested it before that we need some easy badges for people to achieve, like a red scales SAK badge, for having 1 or 2 or 3 of them, or a car user, for a picture of your car with some multitool being used to fix it, or even an offroader badge, for using multitools on an offroad vehicle.

I thought we had easy badges already. Is it that difficult to post a picture of your EDC flashlight?

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 07:03:39 AM
some people can not afford that, or do not own a light .  Maybe they should be allowed to post pictures of their EDC pack of matches, or candle ?

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 05:06:14 PM
some people can not afford that, or do not own a light .  Maybe they should be allowed to post pictures of their EDC pack of matches, or candle ?

Can't afford a light? I'd find that hard to believe on this particular site. EDC lights don't have to be high end to qualify for the badge.  I use Maglites myself.
Either way, there are other badges to try for if one is out of your reach. I can't afford to buy 5, 8, or 12 different colors of alox SAK any time soon, if ever, for example.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 05:08:44 PM
I just realized I have a question regarding the MTo branded tool badge.

Does this count?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 10:07:34 PM

Can't afford a light? I'd find that hard to believe on this particular site. EDC lights don't have to be high end to qualify for the badge.  I use Maglites myself.
Either way, there are other badges to try for if one is out of your reach. I can't afford to buy 5, 8, or 12 different colors of alox SAK any time soon, if ever, for example.

people take anything seriously 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 11:28:29 PM
I just realized I have a question regarding the MTo branded tool badge.

Does this count?

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm not sure.  Maybe you should send it to me for evaluation. ....   :ahhh

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 11:28:46 PM
Oh, and yes, it counts!

Def

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 02:56:43 AM

people take anything seriously

It's one of my favorite hobbies  :D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 06:38:33 AM
There should be a badge for that :)

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 08:33:20 AM
A question:  ???   :think:
When going for a MT Challange Badge (like Juice or Disco'd SAK/MT) is that the only tool you are allowed to carry? Or can you also carry a complimentary tool (has things the other doesn't)?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:36:12 AM by MusicMen »
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 09:51:40 AM
When going for a MT Challange Badge (like Juice or Disco'd SAK/MT) is that the only tool you are allowed to carry? Or can you also carry a complimentary tool (has things the other doesn't)?

The 'only carry the challenge tool' rule usually just applies during the official challenge month.

After that complimentary tools are allowed with.

For the 30 day challenge badges we ask that you keep it to one badge attempt at a time.

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 02:56:03 AM

The 'only carry the challenge tool' rule usually just applies during the official challenge month.

For the 30 day challenge badges we ask that you keep it to one badge attempt at a time.

Thanks for the clairifacation. I was waiting to finish the MP600 before starting another challange. Just trying to figure out which one to try next.
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
*=mod

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 03:02:21 AM

Thanks for the clairifacation. I was waiting to finish the MP600 before starting another challange. Just trying to figure out which one to try next.

So the first one hasn't put you off then?   :P   :D

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:32 AM

So the first one hasn't put you off then?   :P   :D

Nah, it is just tough looking at the other MT knowing that all I can do is exercise them. Besides, it is fun trying to use only one tool. It makes you think about what modifacations are needed.   :rofl:
*=mod

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66