Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.

Miknitro · 695 · 40927

ca Offline Miknitro

Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.
on: May 09, 2015, 04:48:17 PM
Hey guys I couldn't find a owners group for my Fuse an didn't notice any for these other great older MTs either so here we go.

I bought my Fuse in 05 I think, been in my pocket every day since.
Well until I picked up a Wave, though that just gave me some time to clean my Fuse up from daily wear Edc. Now that it's cleaned up, I want to put it to work again lol.
It's riding back up to my Wave at moment but I know I can count on it being good to go.
So without further delay here some pics to entertain and get others motivated to dig out their old tools and site them here.

I should locate new pins for it one day, maybe a saw. If this out of place or duplicated please remove.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:50:33 PM by Miknitro »

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 06:40:47 PM
Great job, that really shined up. What did you polish it with ?

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 06:42:41 PM
Kick A.S.S.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:09:19 PM
Great job, that really shined up. What did you polish it with ?
Thank you
In hand with a Dremel and Red, green and final with blue rouge. You can see blue rouge in c-clamp in one picture I believe.

Blue works very nice on knives IMO.

Edit to add, Sweet KA....I like it.
Read your thread Kamp about Kick A.S.S.s creation, nice work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:55:09 PM by Miknitro »

gb Offline pingu

Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 09:29:55 PM
Hey guys I couldn't find a owners group for my Fuse an didn't notice any for these other great older MTs either so here we go.

Is that a colour balance thing or have you got gold coloured zytel  :think:

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:24:33 PM

Is that a colour balance thing or have you got gold coloured zytel  :think:
Poor lighting, my bad.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:22 PM
I would love to join as soon as I get my hands on a bladeless fuse  :facepalm: Nice work.  :tu:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:48:03 PM
Edit to add, Sweet KA....I like it.
Read your thread Kamp about Kick A.S.S.s creation, nice work.
Thanks.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

gb Offline pingu

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:21:19 PM

Still a Fuse I hope.  From memory the awl is ex-Kick driver.  The saw and file are from R***r.  I would say this is my preferred medium duty/needle nose carry.

Recently acquired another Fuse which I won't be polishing as it would defeat the objective  :pok:  It's still stock but as I prefer SS to BO thinking about putting the SS tools in the new handle.  If time permits.

P1020173.JPG
* P1020173.JPG (Filesize: 77.95 KB)

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 08:09:23 PM

Still a Fuse I hope.  From memory the awl is ex-Kick driver.  The saw and file are from R***r.  I would say this is my preferred medium duty/needle nose carry.

Recently acquired another Fuse which I won't be polishing as it would defeat the objective  ok:  It's still stock but as I prefer SS to BO thinking about putting the SS tools in the new handle.  If time permits.
Nice Fuse.
Mines feeling, lesser lol.

I'm glad to see more coming out of hiding, such a great to platform it was, the Zytel made thin handles a non issue.

gb Offline kungaryfu

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 08:42:54 PM
lovely polish on the fuse, ive removed the knifeblade from mine so i can make it uk legal carry.....i just need to find something to put in its place. ive been carrying it with only the two flat drivers in one of the handles, it rattles a bit, but the drivers click into place nicely when you lock them out. any suggestions on what i can put in the knifeblades place and where i can get it. was thinking of maybe some sort of file or awl?

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 09:15:56 PM
lovely polish on the fuse, ive removed the knifeblade from mine so i can make it uk legal carry.....i just need to find something to put in its place. ive been carrying it with only the two flat drivers in one of the handles, it rattles a bit, but the drivers click into place nicely when you lock them out. any suggestions on what i can put in the knifeblades place and where i can get it. was thinking of maybe some sort of file or awl?
Thank you very much.

Idk in place of knife I'd shoot for a saw if law allows and if not then a file as you're thinking.
Maybe grind knife down an make a awl of sorts an slip it back in to shore up loose tools?

gb Offline pingu

Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:17:37 PM

Have a look a few posts back.  I got a SOG file and saw from Heinnie.  There is enough metal on the tang to grind it to LM profile.  The SOG file is exactly the same thickness as the Rebar file (1.8mm), the SOG saw slightly thicker (2.0mm against 1.8mm) so I used the Rebar saw in my Fuse.  The Fuse blade is 2.4mm so you have a bit in hand plus a thick washer.  You really need to ring the changes between the handles for optimum fit.  I made an awl from a Kick driver but you can get a SOG awl (Edit: or Miknitro's idea).

Go for it.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:22:53 PM by pingu »

gb Offline kungaryfu

Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:27:11 PM

Have a look a few posts back.  I got a SOG file and saw from Heinnie.  There is enough metal on the tang to grind it to LM profile.  The SOG file is exactly the same thickness as the Rebar file (1.8mm), the SOG saw slightly thicker (2.0mm against 1.8mm) so I used the Rebar saw in my Fuse.  The Fuse blade is 2.4mm so you have a bit in hand plus a thick washer.  You really need to ring the changes between the handles for optimum fit.  I made an awl from a Kick driver but you can get a SOG awl (Edit: or Miknitro's idea).

Go for it.

i think im gonna get the sog file from heinnie when i make my next set of purchases from them as there are a few other things ive had my eye on from them recently, but will have to wait till payday i also like the idea of an awl and might have play as miknitro suggests >:D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 09:26:58 PM

I bought my Fuse in 05 I think, been in my pocket every day since.
Well until I picked up a Wave, though that just gave me some time to clean my Fuse up from daily wear Edc. Now that it's cleaned up, I want to put it to work again lol.
It's riding back up to my Wave at moment but I know I can count on it being good to go.
So without further delay here some pics to entertain and get others motivated to dig out their old tools and site them here.
(Image removed from quote.)

I should locate new pins for it one day, maybe a saw. If this out of place or duplicated please remove.

Mike

Could you put in a photo with the Dremel head you used and the compound? I tried twice and ruined blades and what you did is just gorgeous...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 10:16:36 PM
Trick I found was, slightly heat applicator on item to polish, hold in hand to monitor temperature. It should never get so hot you can't hold it. I keep my skin pressed against to feel any heat spikes. Tap spinning applicator on choice of compound lightly to color it, then start polishing, never sit always keep moving the applicator.

Red or gray(cleaner) for heavy scratching, or brushed steels. Then green ,(Jewellers) and onto blue(French) etc...blue is kind of kool. I get mine from rock polishers with 5k sandpaper, basically expensive paper towels.
If using a wetish compound, it'll fly around, if hard wax based it will fly around but not as bad. Don't use too much, you'll get messy but roof shouldn't coated overtop of you messy..

But the blue compound makes alloys pop IMO.
Its hard to advocate polishing, too hot can ruin temper too cold and you get streaking in steel, though that it just compound that has not been used up yet.

My wife tells me I should offer it as a service for some, idk.
Its basically high speed stropping. We used to use a bailers leather belt on farm, polish an sharpen in a blink.

Idk if that helps, but ask if any parts are muddier then others etc.

Edit to add, I use a variety of wheels on my dremel, spin it at no more then 60k an no less then 40k to avoid stuttering. Over 60 an it gets squirrelly IMO.
Second edit, its 8k sand paper not 5k, I get from rock people.
That for record is for fancy knives and jewelry for touch up. Maybe a bearing surface on my pico engine in my RC truck.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:52:41 PM by Miknitro »

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 09:30:55 AM
Kick Owners Group????????
Well , well then.......... Yep! I have one!! :D 8)
 :cheers:
DSCN6591.JPG
* DSCN6591.JPG (Filesize: 194.71 KB)
DSCN6592.JPG
* DSCN6592.JPG (Filesize: 185.28 KB)
DSCN6590.JPG
* DSCN6590.JPG (Filesize: 190.42 KB)
DSCN6589.JPG
* DSCN6589.JPG (Filesize: 196.24 KB)
***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 12:49:55 AM
Here are my Kicks, Fuses, and Blasts. No duplicates. 

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 01:06:11 AM

love that picture! 

though I kinda hate that any one of those "groups of four" is the same size as my entire blast, fuse, kick collection    :rofl:
If I can help, let me know 

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 01:19:07 AM
At first I thought I would only need at most, 2 of each, one in stainless and the other in black oxide. Well that quickly went out the window.  :rofl:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 04:09:58 AM

:dd: Especially the camo ones :drool:

Great pic Chako :cheers:

I like the whole Zytel line :cheers: Blast is one of my favorite LM as well :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 01:36:23 AM
I was not a big fan of them at first, but they have certainly grown on me since, especially fielding the knifeless Fuse as my companion for many years due to work restrictions.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 02:35:44 AM
I think they have grown on a lot of people since they came out in 2004 :D I remember they did get a lot of bashing though :whistle: Wished they had of came out with direct replacements for them with the Rebar chasis or similar though :-\

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:21 PM
I was always a fan of the Kick. I thought it got overshadowed but I can appreciate its simplicity.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:50 PM
I was always a fan of the Kick. I thought it got overshadowed but I can appreciate its simplicity.

It sure never got the praise the Sideclip got that's for sure :D

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:45 PM

I'm in  :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 09:50:55 PM
Sure a nice one to be in with as well Steve :dd:

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 09:04:46 AM
 :woohoo: Awesome grouping , Chako!!  :cheers:

Nice one , Steve  8) Is the clip a Mod or an Company aftermarket add on?  :tu: :gimme:
B/O tools rock  8)

***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 02:05:36 PM
Thanks cali, that is a Kick  clip. I think you had to buy them  as an add on.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 03:27:09 PM
Thanks cali, that is a Kick  clip. I think you had to buy them  as an add on.

Yup - that's exactly right :)
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24