Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Arc Love

us Offline Rich_SD

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Arc Love
Reply #30 on: March 13, 2024, 07:58:23 PM
There is a rational middle ground of high quality at reasonable prices that Leatherman once had, and which Victorinox still has. 

When I bought my Swiss Tool MXBS 2 years ago, it was $230.  That's the same price the ARC is now, and my ARC is better than the MXBS in every way.  In fact, most of my modern Leathermans are built better than the MXBS.

The culture surrounding different multitools is very interesting.  Victorinox fans didn't complain about $230 when the MXBS came out... there may have been some complaints, but I didn't see any.  Now Leatherman releases a multitool for the same price with more premium steel, and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Leatherman fan complaining about the price.  I think in general, Leatherman fans like criticizing Leatherman as much as they like their tools.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #31 on: March 13, 2024, 08:01:07 PM
We all have choices and we all have opinions. My Bond can do most of what my Arc will do but I appreciate that Leatherman needs to innovate, hence we have the Arc etc. As for prices, they’re rising all the time but so are my general living expenses, the situation is no better in the UK.
Gabba gabba hey!!

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #32 on: March 13, 2024, 08:02:39 PM

When I bought my Swiss Tool MXBS 2 years ago, it was $230.  That's the same price the ARC is now, and my ARC is better than the MXBS in every way.  In fact, most of my modern Leathermans are built better than the MXBS.

The culture surrounding different multitools is very interesting.  Victorinox fans didn't complain about $230 when the MXBS came out... there may have been some complaints, but I didn't see any.  Now Leatherman releases a multitool for the same price with more premium steel, and you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Leatherman fan complaining about the price.  I think in general, Leatherman fans like criticizing Leatherman as much as they like their tools.
Good point
Gabba gabba hey!!

Offline Bigshep

Reply #33 on: March 13, 2024, 08:26:15 PM
"you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Leatherman fan complaining about the price"
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

us Offline Murphy Slaw

Reply #34 on: March 13, 2024, 08:41:01 PM
I never once whined about the price of my Arc. Hell, a good American made magnacut knife will cost ya a couple hundred bucks.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: March 14, 2024, 10:34:30 PM

goes to show what impact the geographical location can have. MXBS is 187.60 Euros in my local shop, very close to the price of a Surge.
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%