Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.

Miknitro · 695 · 40946

us Offline MTFool

Re: Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.
Reply #300 on: April 04, 2019, 01:50:58 AM
very nice..........Happy       :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #301 on: April 04, 2019, 02:04:26 AM
Nice Kick :cheers: Very good lightweight carry :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #302 on: April 04, 2019, 05:54:03 PM

Best tools I've gotten so far under $20.

Cheers,
H.G.

the KICK is very nice
totally worth that price! ;)

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #303 on: April 04, 2019, 08:25:12 PM
the KICK is very nice
totally worth that price! ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Ain't that a Fuse??  :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #304 on: April 04, 2019, 08:51:08 PM
Sure looks like it to me :whistle: :D

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #305 on: April 05, 2019, 03:10:16 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv2imR8Abkh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11ng6vklnc0v4

Of course I couldn't leave it alone hehe.

Losing the scissor as soon I can think of replacement. They can't cut smurfe.  :rant:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #306 on: April 05, 2019, 04:15:43 PM
Ain't that a Fuse??  :think:

it is a modded fuse, that I carried yesterday
but this thread is "Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club." ain't it? :think:

I was merely complimenting the smoking deal you found on your KICK!!  ;)
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• No Life Club
Reply #307 on: April 05, 2019, 05:44:44 PM
It's funny, the kick is a tool I didn't know I needed. It's so compact and without long blades there is little reason for a lock mechanism. I just wish there were more tool options for Leatherman. I'd love a scalpel blade exchanger.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #308 on: April 06, 2019, 02:58:51 PM
Happy,

I have been thinking about an exchangeable knife option on an MT recently as well. Been considering buying the Havalon Evolve to see how I like it. :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #309 on: April 06, 2019, 03:58:19 PM
I took the blade out of my KICK
for most cutting, to folders I stick!

My toys:

• No Life Club
Reply #310 on: April 06, 2019, 11:20:17 PM
Happy,

I have been thinking about an exchangeable knife option on an MT recently as well. Been considering buying the Havalon Evolve to see how I like it. :think:

Gerleatherberman,

this is a link to my pinterest board where I have been collecting info on various mods. One of them already shows that a havalon exchanger can slot straight into Surge, which means it would also technically fit a wave as well (same pivot size).

https://pin.it/cqvdzrskqinnp5

The place I really want a blade exchanger like this is in a tool that I can leave primarily bladeless. The problem with the Wave/surge/charge systems is that they have multiple external slots that need to have blades in them. But multitools like: Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Kick, ST300, and Crunch can have the space taken up by smaller tools that already exist in the Leatherman System. All I really need is a scalpel exchanger that fits the internal system and it could go almost anywhere. I was going to start with a cheap, thick handled scalpel and plane it down to a particular dimension. the issue with this is that I don't have the tools to make sure the two sides come out parallel to each other. I have also seen a mod that turned a piece of plastic into a holder for X-acto blades that could fit into a leatherman bit exchanger.

Will look for the pictures.

I also think the moving piece from a Gerber artifact could potentially be changed to fit into a leatherman.

other potential things that could be modded

I also considered either the Rev or Signal as a perfect carrier for the havalon exchanger..but I came to one big issue...All of these tools have a needle nose plier as the primary tool which has limited usability...It can't function as a true wrench, or as a plier in most situations that don't involve a completely exposed Nut. Only the Crunch has the proper primary tool but its internal tool complement..well makes things difficult. If I could carry a stock Crunch in my job I would, but I need to mod it to be blade-less unfortunately. Which brings me back to needing to make a scalpel exchanger, requiring me to have the right tools in the first place..  :rant: :rant:

around and around I go....

Cheers,
H.G.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:53:20 PM by Happy Gilmore »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #311 on: April 07, 2019, 06:17:41 AM
That blade exchanger sure is a nice idea :salute: I would like to see someone here accomplish that as well :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Kick, Fuse, Blast & Core Owners group club.
Reply #312 on: April 08, 2019, 09:38:08 AM
Managed to do something about my Kick fodder... I present to you the Knifeless Kick...

The parts that I need arrived over the weekend... A saw and file from a Wave... Figured I’d experiment with them as I don’t have an extra Blast or Rebar to source the parts...

It’s not exactly perfect... First, needed to do some grinding... used the broken off Kick blade as template... Note the difference in pivot hole size...

The spine also needed to be grounded flat to allow for proper closing of handles...

The saw fit in nicely... The file is a different story... did some grinding on the file tip and plier head to minimize contact...

Utilized the Rebar lanyard ring attachement and a thick spacer from the Kick left lying around...

The saw and file doesn’t snap in open position like the other tools... The culprit, oversized pivot holes... I can live with this for the time being... Will need to address this in the future... probably by enlarging the pivot holes and utilizing the broken off knife blade pivot and left over washers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #313 on: April 08, 2019, 12:07:40 PM
 :woohoo: Great work, jaya :tu: The diamond file in my Rebar was shortened and a new pivot hole made, if that is an option then that might make them lock in place better but if you can live with the way they are then I would just be fine with the way they are :salute: :like: Great toolset :dd:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #314 on: April 08, 2019, 12:24:29 PM
Thanks Poncho :cheers:

For now I can live with it... thanks for the tip... I’ll try to avoid shortening if possible...

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #315 on: April 08, 2019, 02:08:10 PM
:woohoo: Great work, jaya :tu: The diamond file in my Rebar was shortened and a new pivot hole made, if that is an option then that might make them lock in place better but if you can live with the way they are then I would just be fine with the way they are :salute: :like: Great toolset :dd:

Nice work Jaya! I modded a Wave diamond file to fit my Rebar. Like Poncho, I cut it short at the pivot end. This allows you to cut the perfect shape for a good lock, and a new pivot hole (tip: use a ceramic tile cutter to drill the hole). Enjoy your Kick!  :like:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #316 on: April 08, 2019, 02:43:24 PM
I will clarify that Steve was the one that modded the diamond file that is in my Rebar  :salute: He copied the design very well and it locks up great :cheers: He ended up wanting a more aggressive file in his, so I ended up with that beauty :like:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #317 on: April 08, 2019, 03:50:05 PM
Awesome tips Guys... will definitely consider it... I was thinking of Enlarging the pivot holes and reducing spacers to a common diameter allowing the spacers for implants... tried this a few times on SAK mods...

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #318 on: April 08, 2019, 06:45:39 PM
Gotta see those implants  :facepalm:

But it does sound like you know what you’re doing jaya, so best of luck.  :like:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

• No Life Club
Reply #319 on: April 08, 2019, 11:09:53 PM
cool mod, but you could just use the hybrid file from a blast next time and its a slot in easy peazy.

:tu:  :hatsoff:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #320 on: April 09, 2019, 03:00:14 AM
Yep, Blast parts definitely slip in just fine... Same family as the Kick and Fuse... But these are hard to come by in this part of the world... Hence why I went with the wave parts... :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #321 on: April 09, 2019, 03:39:31 AM
I like the Blast file fine but the diamond file of the Wave is superior to me :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #322 on: April 09, 2019, 03:43:31 AM
I like the Blast file fine but the diamond file of the Wave is superior to me :salute:

Diamond files on a multi-tool seem strange to me...unless we are referring to a Surge (removable) because you generally need them for sharpening the tools that are part of the multi-tool.. :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #323 on: April 09, 2019, 03:45:05 AM
Bit narrow minded are we :pok: I use it for many things on the jobsite :salute: The diamond file can take burrs off metal tools much easier than a regular file and I can use it to sharpen chisels as well :like: plus many other day to day uses that require a fine cutting surface that can leave an item very smooth :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #324 on: April 11, 2019, 12:24:20 AM
Bit narrow minded are we :pok: I use it for many things on the jobsite :salute: The diamond file can take burrs off metal tools much easier than a regular file and I can use it to sharpen chisels as well :like: plus many other day to day uses that require a fine cutting surface that can leave an item very smooth :cheers:

I R humbled.. not something I encounter in my work, but at least I get why it is so attractive  :hatsoff:

• No Life Club
Reply #325 on: November 09, 2019, 01:51:56 AM
Does any one have a spare Leatherman Kick pocket clip they would be willing to sell?? I've been looking for one for a while with no luck. My Kick is one of my favorite platforms as its basically an ergonomic version of a PST (bigger obviously). Anyone?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #326 on: November 09, 2019, 01:53:19 AM
Try posting in the WTB section of the forum.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #327 on: November 09, 2019, 02:32:31 AM
 :iagree:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #328 on: November 09, 2019, 08:47:31 AM
Does any one have a spare Leatherman Kick pocket clip they would be willing to sell?? I've been looking for one for a while with no luck. My Kick is one of my favorite platforms as its basically an ergonomic version of a PST (bigger obviously). Anyone?
PM me HG. We’ll make a plan.  :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #329 on: November 09, 2019, 01:54:39 PM
 :like: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24