Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A big THANKS to the members

us Offline abcdef

A big THANKS to the members
on: May 12, 2015, 05:43:28 PM
You guys/gals did me a huge favor.  Before coming here, I was always craving expensive pocket toys.  I did not realize (my fault) that nearly the same items can be found for pennies on the dollar by looking around on the net.  I say "nearly" because the knockoffs are not the premium steels or made to the exacting specifications of the real deals.  But since a three inch tool is not meant to do the job of a 12" or 24" tool, I have not had a lot of issues with materials or workmanship on something costing $1.29 versus $85.  Craving satisfied. 

I do not post a lot on this forum, but I do visit every day, mostly the Keychain and One Piece Tools section.  I find ideas for different products there.  Since I'm "cheap", this seemed the best place to post my thanks.  So - thanks!!

P.S.  I am not knocking anyone who prefers to spend larger sums on pocket items.  Value versus cost is relative to the purchaser.  To each his own. 

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: A big THANKS to the members
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 06:02:33 PM
I think it's fair to say I'm a 'fan' of Cheap and cheerful tools.

There are some good tools out there to be had for not much money. But then again, there are also some insanely good deals that can be had on much higher quality tools, used. Ebay is sometimes a treasure trove for the budget-minded, and I think there are a good number of folks here that live by the mantra 'Never pay retail'.

In either case, I for one am happy to help out anyone trying to get a tool in hand, regardless of the price point.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:48:38 PM
Nothing wrong with cheap if it functions well  :salute:

ca Offline Miknitro

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:54:24 PM
I've bought some of my most favorite and least favorite tools off of a Allied tool truck versus the Mac an Snap On trucks.

I like some independent stuff and as a bonus they usually come cheaper or cost less then big name, sometime even work better in cases. Rare but happens. But for some stuff, I have standards of expectations that just be met, so the big name stuff on sale quenches that at times.
Enjoy what works for you good man, let no one lord over you because of cost.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:47:10 PM
There are a few good deals out there...and sometimes, price is not a factor in quality either.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69