Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Rocky Movie

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New Rocky Movie
on: January 13, 2007, 03:56:44 AM
Anyone seen it?

I'll tell you, as much of a Sci Fi dork as I am, I always had a special spot in my heart for the Rocky films- even Rocky V as bad as that one was.  When I was younger and in better shape I started boxing and was often inspired by Rocky- particularily the first few films.  I thought Stallone played the part brilliantly, and even more impressive, he produced, directed, wrote and starred in them.  Hell, I'll bet if they had the kind of computer graphics and effects they have nowadays, he'd probably have also fought himself several times!

I always loved the story of the poor guy from the streets getting a shot and standing the world on it's ear.  The simplistic beauty of the story line got convoluted in the later movies, and they tried to return to it in the fifth one with catastrophic results. 

The new one... you know I haven't been moved by a movie for quite some time.  OK, so you know he's gonna fight again, and you know he's gonna go the distance, and you know he and his son are gonna put aside their differences- despite all the obvious plot "twists" and the straightforward characters, you just can't help but feel good when you hear the theme song, and want to jump out of your chair with your fists raised when he gets to the top of the stairs.

If you ever liked Rocky films, this is one of the better ones.  At least, I thought so, and I've always been a big fan of the Italian Stallion.  If you haven't seen it, see it.  If you don't go to theatres anymore, make an exception.  You'll be glad you did for this one.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: New Rocky Movie
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 04:39:50 AM
So am I hearing you correctly that you liked  the movie? It's hard to tell when you're so wishy-washy like that....... ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:39:48 AM
That's cool to hear Def.  I also loved the other Rocky movies but have been hesitant about seeing the new one.  Good to hear that you liked it.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 11:48:03 AM

I was skeptical at first, and I put off watching it for a while, but finally broke down.  I am glad I did.  What's depressing is that Stallone is in much better shape in his 50's or 60's than I was in my 20's!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 02:24:06 AM
Living with a wife and three daughters, I don't get to go to the movies and see many cool action films. For instance, the movie we went to today was completely devoid of violence and gunplay. The only time it almost got exciting is when they were threatening to cut off the main character's head with an ax!
But then Fern saved him.

In the end, Wilbur lives, but Charlotte dies of old age. No knives or multitools were spotted throughout the entire film.

(Sorry if I spoiled the ending for some of you guys.)

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:59:18 PM
In the end, Wilbur lives, but Charlotte dies of old age. No knives or multitools were spotted throughout the entire film.

(Sorry if I spoiled the ending for some of you guys.)

~Bob

It's good to see that the kids are watching the classics.
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD