Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BO on LM - has become a turn-off for me

sawman · 33 · 2092

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: BO on LM - has become a turn-off for me
Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015, 08:51:20 PM
I've only started buying BO tools a couple of years ago, so my first multitools are all stainless steel versions.  But after buying a BO ST300 they started to grow on me, and now, after buying a BO OHT I kind of prefer the BO ones.

And to clean them, I've done the same thing with all of my BO tools, I'll use a piece of old (but clean) towel to clean the tool for about 30 minutes.  That first piece of towel is then thrown away and now I'll take another piece of old (but clean) towel and start rubbing the tool again, while watching a movie or a formula One race.   The following days I repeat the same process a couple of times and after a week or so there's no more BO on my hands.   

So no soap or acetone, only a lot of patience and tool loving ... I mean tool rubbing ... I mean ...  oh well, no matter how I try to say it, it always sounds weird  ::).

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:34 PM
I dig both stainless and BO, and have been blessed with plenty of both.  The deal with new BO is to rub it down real good with a dry paper towel to remove that surface layer of "powder" or whatever it is, and after that it won't rub off on your hands.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 08:45:58 AM
I am a complete newbie to BO and I must admit I thought that BO was only for (cool) looks!!
And was a bit sceptical about all this military talk.
So interested to read here all about rust resistance, spark resistance, non reflection etc etc

I also had no idea about BO muck/dust.

So I recently acquired a  BO PST and I have to say was very thrilled to have it.
I even decided to keep it in my EDC man bag
- You know if I whipped it out for one of those "save the day moments" I would look even cooler with the BO -  :D

So a couple of days ago I used it to slice some cheese - And yep ... BO muck all over the cheese ... yuk  :(
So I think I will be sticking to a nice shiny SAK for slicing my food  :tu:

However the BO PST is still in my EDC bag.

So to answer the question: Shiny is my preference - But very happy to have my BO PST too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%