Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are Alox Cadets II (with 2 blades and no file) difficult to find?

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
And are they expensive???
I have realised that I prefer a back up blade than the useless (for me) file...
Thank you guys
P.s:And alternative would be the cellidor cadet or transform it into alox

us Offline Joe58

I believe that particular model has been replaced with the pen blade now turned into a most useful nail file.  :facepalm:

You can check the SAK Wiki to confirm. I know they're pretty tough to find them for sure.
🇨🇭

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
I believe that particular model has been replaced with the pen blade now turned into a most useful nail file.  :facepalm:

You can check the SAK Wiki to confirm. I know they're pretty tough to find them for sure.

I do not think he meant the clip point blade models specifically but just the Cadet II.
I'm the milk man!

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club

I do not think he meant the clip point blade models specifically but just the Cadet II.

Correct, I mean 2 BLADES (big ans small) and NO FILE

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Absurdly enough, it would probably be easier to find an older ribbed alox Cadet II than the new one. They are definitely difficult to find, but you never know, you just might get lucky on ebay, or find a member here who's willing to sell one. I've been searching for a new style Cadet II for a bit, almost 2 years, but without any luck
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
I don't think he cares if it is ribbed or not. He just wants a two bladed Cadet.
I'm the milk man!

scotland Offline gardenvalley

I had no trouble at all getting mine. I wasn`t even looking when the chance came to buy one. :D
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Keep looking one will pop up.  The one I got was in rough shape, main blade needed to be fixed as well as can opener.  Its a great little knife and my only Cadet. 
IMG_7937.jpg
* IMG_7937.jpg (Filesize: 202.45 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
So here are your options:

1. Find an older (ribbed or smooth alox) Cadet with pen blade on eBay. This is probably the easiest option, as the nail file didn't appear until the mid 1980s, so the majority of older Cadets are of the "Cadet II" variety. The downside of this approach is that everyone loves alox, and doubly so ribbed alox, so the prices tend to be high for a knife that isn't super rare.

2. Find a new alox Cadet II. These were made in limited quantities in the mid-to-late 2000s in the new checkered silver alox. These are actually pretty hard to find - they appear to be a single limited run. Good news is they tend to sell for reasonable prices since they look like regular boring silver 84mm alox. Bad news - good luck finding one.

3. Buy a SwissBianco "MicroFarmer". This adds the woodsaw to Cadet II. Good news is you can buy one today for $65 in a cool color. Bad news is it's a little thicker than a regular Cadet II.

4. Build a Cadet II. Easiest way to do this is buy a Cadet, drill out the tail rivet and replace the file with a pen blade. This can be done relatively easily, but you'd need the ability to do this do the mod and a you'd need to buy a donor knife to get the pen blade. You could also pay someone to do the mod, but that'd get expensive quick and be more money than a MicroFarmer.

Personally, I'd either go for option 3 or option 1.

us Offline Joe58

+1 for what Jazzbass says. He be 'da man. Lol.

Except I'd be required to find someone who actually possesses the skills to mod one for me. :)
🇨🇭

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted

1. Find an older (ribbed or smooth alox) Cadet with pen blade on eBay. This is probably the easiest option, as the nail file didn't appear until the mid 1980s, so the majority of older Cadets are of the "Cadet II" variety. The downside of this approach is that everyone loves alox, and doubly so ribbed alox, so the prices tend to be high for a knife that isn't super rare.

2. Find a new alox Cadet II. These were made in limited quantities in the mid-to-late 2000s in the new checkered silver alox. These are actually pretty hard to find - they appear to be a single limited run. Good news is they tend to sell for reasonable prices since they look like regular boring silver 84mm alox. Bad news - good luck finding one.

3. Buy a SwissBianco "MicroFarmer". This adds the woodsaw to Cadet II. Good news is you can buy one today for $65 in a cool color. Bad news is it's a little thicker than a regular Cadet II.

4. Build a Cadet II. Easiest way to do this is buy a Cadet, drill out the tail rivet and replace the file with a pen blade. This can be done relatively easily, but you'd need the ability to do this do the mod and a you'd need to buy a donor knife to get the pen blade. You could also pay someone to do the mod, but that'd get expensive quick and be more money than a MicroFarmer.

Yes, both times I've seen the new Cadet II, they sold for less than 60. Sadly I was too slow
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club

5.!!!!
Build a Cadet II, the easiest way could be to transform a Recruit (avalaible easy and cheap)
The recruit is a cadet in cellidor!

Comparative with Cadet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guqSeqW-U8A

I prefer the small blade to the file because you can use it for light tasks and is less intimidating  :whistle:

Many thanks!!!  :tu: :tu: :tu:

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:01:30 PM by alexTOOL »

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
5.!!!!
Build a Cadet II, the easiest way could be to transform a Recruit (avalaible easy and cheap)

(Image removed from quote.)

Comparative with Cadet:

I prefer the small blade to the file because you can use it for light tasks and is less intimidating  :whistle:

I didn't include that because if you're building, IMO it's way easier to mod a Cadet into a Cadet II than build one from a Recruit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:09:51 PM by jazzbass »

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
5.!!!!

(Image removed from quote.)

Comparative with Cadet:

I didn't include that because if you're building, IMO it's way easier to mod a Cadet into a Cadet II than build one from a Recruit.

OK!

And

7 and last!!! The easiest way!!!:

SHARPENING THE FILE...!!!  :D :D :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62