Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Public apology to Inky

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Public apology to Inky
on: May 24, 2015, 06:07:14 AM
I made a trade with Inky and as a gentleman he posted his that day.  I told him I would send his Friday 22nd at the latest.  I said that the package bound for him was being handled by my roommate, which she's always so kind to do and very diligent as well. 

This is where the apology comes in......
I contacted him and told him the package was delayed that she was unable to get to the post office as I had promised and it would be in the mail today.  Unfortunately she informed me ( I worked all day ) when she got to the post office it had already closed. 

Inky I am so very sorry to have to tell you yet again that the package is delayed.  I know how I am with items being mailed to me and I want you to know I am sickened that my end is lagging.  I don't want to give you a bunch of excuses as my word should have been enough. 

Please know that getting you your trade items is not something I am taking lightly.  I will add something extra for your patience.  I also want you to rest assure I will make the time to take it to the post office personally.

A rightly due :twak: and :megaslap: for me. 

I'm sending myself to bed early with no dessert nor TV.   

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Public apology to Inky
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:10:58 AM
I think it was a US President that said "An error only becomes a mistake when you fail to rectify it." 

Extenuating circumstances are always going to happen, that's why they call them that.  The problem, in my opinion at least, is when someone consistently has problems and covers by making excuses or blaming others.

Another favorite saying that I often think of is "A man who is good for an excuse is good for little else."

If you are working to make things right I don't think anyone should cast stones at you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:36:03 AM
also,  to me the biggest relief is letting me know something is late,  then I am aware, and adjust accordingly.

also I agree with everything Grant said.  :tu:
If I can help, let me know 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:22:14 AM
also,  to me the biggest relief is letting me know something is late,  then I am aware, and adjust accordingly.

You said it!  Everyone here is a witness!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:03 AM

You said it!  Everyone here is a witness!

Def

true,  but I am on meds  :rofl:   

seriously,  all valid points
If I can help, let me know 

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:08 AM
I agree to disagree with Grant.

:think: :whistle: :ahhh
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:44:20 AM
I must agree with Grant this time. Hard not too when he envokes a quote from an early U.S president.  :salute:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 11:52:11 AM
I made a trade with Inky and as a gentleman he posted his that day.  I told him I would send his Friday 22nd at the latest.  I said that the package bound for him was being handled by my roommate, which she's always so kind to do and very diligent as well. 

This is where the apology comes in......
I contacted him and told him the package was delayed that she was unable to get to the post office as I had promised and it would be in the mail today.  Unfortunately she informed me ( I worked all day ) when she got to the post office it had already closed. 

Inky I am so very sorry to have to tell you yet again that the package is delayed.  I know how I am with items being mailed to me and I want you to know I am sickened that my end is lagging.  I don't want to give you a bunch of excuses as my word should have been enough. 

Please know that getting you your trade items is not something I am taking lightly.  I will add something extra for your patience.  I also want you to rest assure I will make the time to take it to the post office personally.

A rightly due :twak: and :megaslap: for me. 

I'm sending myself to bed early with no dessert nor TV.   

Ok, first of all:

:kirky:

Secondly:

When I saw the thread title, I was extremely surprised. From what I know of Aloha007, I couldn't imagine what he could have done to cause the need for an apology (and a public one, no less). I was right. A small unintentional delay, easily atributed to the mail services. But this time it wasn't the mail and he came forward and took the "blame" for it.

:hatsoff:

Nonetheless, regarding your idea of sending yourself to bed early, I couldn't disagree more. After what you've done, this is what I have to say:

Show content

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 12:42:55 PM
There are far too many people agreeing with Grant here! :twak:  And I'm one of them.   :facepalm:

:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 01:19:28 PM
Must have been something I put in the Kool Ade.  If this keeps up I'll need to up the size limit on signature lines!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 01:21:11 PM
Oh, and it was John F. Kennedy that said that.  Or similar enough.

Def

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:49:13 PM
I too agree with everything Grant said...especially when he said all that good stuff about me.

As for Aloha and his public apology. No surprise here. I've done business with him and he's a class act. Very professional and honest about his dealings.

I'm guilty of the whole late package syndrome from time to time, especially with overseas RAK's. I've found that good communication goes a long way and people here are quite understanding and patient.

Well done Aloha... :salute:

Loyalty,

Stew...
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 03:47:59 PM
Happy to report I got his parcel to the PO yesterday and it's on the way.  Now lets all cross our fingers for a safe journey. 

I grew up when our word meant something.  We'd shake and that was better than some drawn up contract.  I told him it would go out and it didn't which for me wasn't cool.  I was bummed for him for the same reasons I'd be bummed.  Glad to have finally put this in the mail. 

Hope you enjoy Inky.   

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline scattergun13

• No Life Club
  • Wanna give blood? Run from my K9...
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 03:55:17 PM
Happy to report I got his parcel to the PO yesterday and it's on the way.  Now lets all cross our fingers for a safe journey. 

I grew up when our word meant something.  We'd shake and that was better than some drawn up contract.  I told him it would go out and it didn't which for me wasn't cool.  I was bummed for him for the same reasons I'd be bummed.  Glad to have finally put this in the mail. 

Hope you enjoy Inky.   

It's about time!

We were just about to get pissed... :rant:
" If it was built by matt2silver then I want2buy it...

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 04:01:54 PM

Hope you enjoy Inky.   

It's about time!

We were just about to get pissed... :rant:

Now to be stressed till it arrives.  I love sending items over seas but goodness the stress. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD