Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Greetings and a question!

Offline calicotom

• New User
Greetings and a question!
on: June 01, 2015, 10:32:48 PM
Hi there,
I've always loved knives and been fascinated in particular by the iconic brand of the SAK. I currently have three SAKs: my first two were a Pioneer Harvester and a yellow Classic. I already have plans for many more knives I want to buy in the future and ideas for customs... Anyway.

My question is about my third knife. As I had been lurking on this forum and sakwiki for a while, I was aware that there are knives printed with different countries' flags and that they are quite collectible. I am currently travelling in Iceland, and when I saw an Iceland flag SAK for sale I snapped it up. Not for its resale value, just as a souvenir. When I got back to my room and Googled the flag knives, I re-remembered that they were Classics. The knife I bought is a Waiter, but the design on the scales is the same as on the Classic. I am sure this is a real Victorinox SAK - the tang stamp and logo are right and it was kept in a glass cabinet while the other knives were out in the open. However, I can't find any trace of this type of knife online. Is it valuable - if I see another one for sale should I buy and resell? - or is it just a nice souvenir?

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Re: Greetings and a question!
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:50:36 PM
Props the the Harvester! That is hands down my favorite SAK, and my primary EDC. Love that concave pruning blade!

As for the Iceland flag waiter, I don't know, but its possible someone printed custom scales for it. It's also possible Victorinox (or Wegner) made an Icelandic flag waiter at some point and sold it, there are so many different production runs of so many different models of SAKs it's enough to make one's head spin.

Welcome to the forums!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:51:55 PM by GoatDragon »

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 12:35:23 AM
^
On all counts,what he said!

The brains will be here soon,and will offer you much more info. In the meantime,welcome to the nut house :tu:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:40:28 AM
The standard flag series is Classics, but Victorinox has also done flag handles on a variety of other knives. As for collect ability, there are a number of people here who would be interested in one.

IMG_6162.JPG
* IMG_6162.JPG (Filesize: 125.28 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21