Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Factory 93mm ALOX w/ scissors!!!!! [UPDATE]

SAK Guy · 581 · 72999

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Victorinox Factory 93mm ALOX w/ scissors!!!!!
Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 03:13:42 PM
Edit - Well, I guess if it's on FB, it's public knowledge then. Here's the screen shot from the Aox Collectors page.

You don't look like a Joe in that pic :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 03:25:47 PM
Great news, really looking forward to seeing the official versions.

I wonder how this will affect some of our modders? Adding scissors to Alox is a pretty popular mod.

The cynic in me says it's because Victorinox wanted control over that part of the market.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 04:05:45 PM
Great news, really looking forward to seeing the official versions.

I wonder how this will affect some of our modders? Adding scissors to Alox is a pretty popular mod.

The cynic in me says it's because Victorinox wanted control over that part of the market.
This was my thoughts also.

Nate
That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 04:44:03 PM
I like to think my creations gave them the nudge.  I will be flattered if they copy my spring design.  I rarely work on the 93 mm size now so im happy they want to.  Im busy with Ti 91 and 58 conversions. :D

Here's how my spring design looks.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 04:58:28 PM by Syph007 »
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 05:58:21 PM
This will be a pivotal time for Victorinox. If they actually produce scissor models at a reasonable price I think it can be a great time for them. If they make them limited and overpriced, I'm libel to sell off my Vics and be done with them  >:D
SAW

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 07:12:56 PM
This will be a pivotal time for Victorinox. If they actually produce scissor models at a reasonable price I think it can be a great time for them. If they make them limited and overpriced, I'm libel to sell off my Vics and be done with them  >:D

Well they for sure CAN make them for reasonable prices, but I suppose that depends on scale.  I know they said before scissors is the most expensive part to make. 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline parman53

• I Can Fix Anything
Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:26 PM
If it ends up being expensive at least they should use scissors w/the screw in them and not the rivet  :rant:

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 09:22:42 PM
If it ends up being expensive at least they should use scissors w/the screw in them and not the rivet  :rant:

Like this ?

DSCN2111.JPG
* DSCN2111.JPG (Filesize: 180.13 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 01:29:37 AM
Seeing as pioneers and farmers are between $25-$35, I'm going to say it will probably cost $50-$65? Am I being too optimistic?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #39 on: June 05, 2015, 01:44:35 AM
Seeing as pioneers and farmers are between $25-$35, I'm going to say it will probably cost $50-$65? Am I being too optimistic?

I hope a Pioneer with scissors is not in the $60 range. Double the price just for scissors would suck. I'm not saying I woulden't buy one, but I definitely would not be buying a few at that price.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline buck

Reply #40 on: June 05, 2015, 02:10:43 AM

Sell them off at a fraction of what we paid only to pay through the nose for scissor model replacements!  Who are we kidding? We're all a bunch of crack hos and we'll give it up gladly to feed our addiction.
PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 02:24:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the difference in price should be no more than the difference between a Spartan and a Climber,  or Tinker vs Super Tinker etc.
There are plenty of models that are nothing more than a smaller model plus scissors.

So in my book that sets a benchmark as to what a "reasonable" premium over the 2 layer Pioneer price should be.

Next I'm waiting to see them announce Wenger scissors coming to the Vic 84mm line... :hammer:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: June 05, 2015, 02:28:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the difference in price should be no more than the difference between a Spartan and a Climber,  or Tinker vs Super Tinker etc.
There are plenty of models that are nothing more than a smaller model plus scissors.

So in my book that sets a benchmark as to what a "reasonable" premium over the 2 layer Pioneer price should be.

Next I'm waiting to see them announce Wenger scissors coming to the Vic 84mm line... :hammer:

I hope not. If they do they better make some Vic scissors. The Wenger scissors work well, but I hate how they "pivot/move" when you use them. It drives me bonkers. Plus they are thin and hurt the thumb. Just my opinion though. I'm sure some people prefer them over the Vic scissors.
I'm the milk man!

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:03 AM
To avoid any confusion, I posted this in the Facebook Victorinox Alox group, after having a chat with Robert Elsener. For any skeptics, I will gladly provide a screenshot of our conversation :)

He said there will be no more private runs for collectors (of 100 or similar number of pieces) but instead Victorinox will release a special edition for each year. In 2015, the Pioneer range (not just the model) will get scissors. These SAKs will be numbered with the year they were made, and they will be limited only for the year, not in quantity, so they will be easy to get and presumably also reasonably priced
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #44 on: June 05, 2015, 02:33:44 AM
I would have thought about $45 max.
Yes scissors are the most expensive part - But how much of that $25-35 is overheads, labour, profit, assembly etc etc

Oh and $80 if you live in Australia  :rant:

Talking of scissors - Maybe the 84mm scissors will also make a return
Although that is unlikely given the Delemont line

And talking of the Delemont line -  :) - I was surprised by that range - Basically Vic making Wengers with just a few tiny changes.
I was expecting to see a proper merging of the product lines and a consolidation of tools.

..... And as much as I love my Wengers - I have to vote for the Vic scissors

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: June 05, 2015, 02:35:08 AM
To avoid any confusion, I posted this in the Facebook Victorinox Alox group, after having a chat with Robert Elsener. For any skeptics, I will gladly provide a screenshot of our conversation :)

He said there will be no more private runs for collectors (of 100 or similar number of pieces) but instead Victorinox will release a special edition for each year. In 2015, the Pioneer range (not just the model) will get scissors. These SAKs will be numbered with the year they were made, and they will be limited only for the year, not in quantity, so they will be easy to get and presumably also reasonably priced

Good to hear. Electrician and Harvester with scissors here I come.  >:D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #46 on: June 05, 2015, 02:39:37 AM
I'm getting more and more excited. Vic, do a release already!

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #47 on: June 05, 2015, 02:47:22 AM
Here is a link to his FB post concerning the 93mm alox editions.

Myself, I'm a little underwhelmed and skeptical. It just appears to me that Vic is just trying to create another collector niche, what with the different colors and year engraved in the panels.

For me, the little 58mm scissors get me by just fine.

I didn't want to copy his post without his permission, but I think even non FB members can read the page. I use my wife's account as I've gotten off FB myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VictorinoxALOX/?ref=ts&fref=ts

About half way down.

Edit - Well, I guess if it's on FB, it's public knowledge then. Here's the screen shot from the Aox Collectors page.

Joe, the group is closed, meaning that only members can view its content. I am not a fan of my name being shown publicly like this, so I would like to ask you to remove the image from your post, thank you

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #48 on: June 05, 2015, 02:48:23 AM
Glad to know I"m not the only one who is afraid they'll turn this into another small run, collector oriented, over priced sideshow.

I buy used for a reason.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #49 on: June 05, 2015, 02:49:57 AM
Here is a link to his FB post concerning the 93mm alox editions.

Myself, I'm a little underwhelmed and skeptical. It just appears to me that Vic is just trying to create another collector niche, what with the different colors and year engraved in the panels.

For me, the little 58mm scissors get me by just fine.

I didn't want to copy his post without his permission, but I think even non FB members can read the page. I use my wife's account as I've gotten off FB myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VictorinoxALOX/?ref=ts&fref=ts

About half way down.

Joe, the group is closed, meaning that only members can view its content. I am not a fan of my name being shown publicly like this, so I would like to ask you to remove the image from your post, thank you

The grace period for him to edit his post has expired. Ask a mod and it will be done quickly.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #50 on: June 05, 2015, 03:02:50 AM

Sell them off at a fraction of what we paid only to pay through the nose for scissor model replacements!  Who are we kidding? We're all a bunch of crack hos and we'll give it up gladly to feed our addiction.
I hear ya, but believe it or not I've recently been vaccinated from the Alox-bug. I sold all my Alox but did keep all my 58mm cellidor :D
SAW

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #51 on: June 05, 2015, 03:51:08 AM
Wow, I can't believe it :o  I've mentioned that they should have scissors countless times on this forum, and it's exciting news to find out it's actually happening :woohoo:.  I wonder what the color will be...
K-Tibbs

us Offline Joe58

Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 08:13:39 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies good sir. You are absolutely correct I should gave requested your permission first before posting anything from your group to here.

And I do appreciate you calling out my error. If I make a mistake, I expect for someone to point it out.

My only very weak defense is that I was going with once something hits FB, it's turned into kind of common knowledge.

But, it still isn't right and I certainly meant no disrespect to a fellow forum member or your FB page which I do enjoy looking at on occasion. I no longer have my own FB account, but do go in there under my wife's now and then. Not too much.

And I see Zoidberg has removed the screen shot, which I appreciate. My time on the forum has been hit and miss at the moment since we're beginning a house move. So my usual loafing time has been seriously compromised. Or I'd has requested it right away when you posted.

Again, my apologies....Joe
🇨🇭

us Offline buck

Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 08:33:36 AM
It kind of sucks the big boy is slapping down the modders. :rant:

And I'm not proud of myself because I'm such a junkie I'll buy 'em.

John.Kay was right.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:38:39 AM by buck »
PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #54 on: June 05, 2015, 08:40:28 AM

It kind of sucks the big boy is slapping down the modders. :rant:
hmm not really. Modders are always going to come up with new things. I doubt they'll come out with syph scissor and philips mod. If they do, it will be a long time from now. Then there's titanium and HAIII goodness.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 08:48:13 AM
I agree, it's not really bad for the modders - though there probably will be fewer people wanting scissors adding to a pioneer, it'll be great to get our hands on proper factory scissor springs. People will still want non standard configurations and screw pivots on their pioneers.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #56 on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:18 AM

He said there will be no more private runs for collectors (of 100 or similar number of pieces) but instead Victorinox will release a special edition for each year.

Does this mean that there will be no more "limited" coloured alox models (e.g. Farmer) produced  for shops (Seitz, swissbianco) either?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 09:04:20 AM

He said there will be no more private runs for collectors (of 100 or similar number of pieces) but instead Victorinox will release a special edition for each year.

Does this mean that there will be no more "limited" coloured alox models (e.g. Farmer) produced  for shops (Seitz, swissbianco) either?

That's what I understood. Probably none of this applies to Swiss Bianco, I think Roger has a special status...

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #58 on: June 05, 2015, 09:10:22 AM
Many thanks

no hope for alox prices going down then  :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

it Offline TomDefi

Reply #59 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:36 AM
Do you know anything about 'no limited' runs of Alox Ramblers?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%