Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

101 Gadgets That Changed The World

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
101 Gadgets That Changed The World
on: June 16, 2015, 03:27:40 AM
Has anyone seen this show on the History Channel?   It was a pretty cool show. Popular mechanics actually made the list up. They of course had a SAK and a Leatherman, among the other 99 items.  They spoke a little bit about each. What bothered me is that they showed a scissor from a Victorinox, looking like it came out of a Wenger knife, or was it the other way around? (I can not remember) They had one behind the other one, and for some reason purposely showed the wrong scissor.  I had to stop and replay it to try to figure out why.  You can just about make out that there was one behind the other.  They didn't really speak on the mechanics of the scissors or anything like that. I posted a link to the 101 items.  You wont see the knife they showed on TV, they actually show an XLT on the website instead.

I found it weird, and I blame Grant. 

link to the 101 items.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/reviews/g165/101-gadgets-that-changed-the-world/?thumbnails
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:31:14 AM by inkster »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: 101 Gadgets That Changed The World
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09:26 AM
Has anyone seen this show on the History Channel?   It was a pretty cool show. Popular mechanics actually made the list up. They of course had a SAK and a Leatherman, among the other 99 items.  They spoke a little bit about each. What bothered me is that they showed a scissor from a Victorinox, looking like it came out of a Wenger knife, or was it the other way around? (I can not remember) They had one behind the other one, and for some reason purposely showed the wrong scissor.  I had to stop and replay it to try to figure out why.  You can just about make out that there was one behind the other.  They didn't really speak on the mechanics of the scissors or anything like that. I posted a link to the 101 items.  You wont see the knife they showed on TV, they actually show an XLT on the website instead.

I found it weird, and I blame Grant. 

link to the 101 items.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/reviews/g165/101-gadgets-that-changed-the-world/?thumbnails

Seen that show (the same one) a bunch of times. Its been on TV for years. Victorinox and Leatherman both deserve to be on the list.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:08 AM

Seen that show (the same one) a bunch of times. Its been on TV for years. Victorinox and Leatherman both deserve to be on the list.
[/quote]

I hear ya.  I thought it was a newer one because the smart phones were on it, etc....   Either way I still blame Grant

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:41:24 PM
You haven't been around for a while so it's understandable that you may have missed this but these days we blame Kirky!

:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:52:03 PM
You haven't been around for a while so it's understandable that you may have missed this but these days we blame Kirky!

:D

Def

:rofl:

I blame Kirky for Inkster not knowing to blame Kirky. 
I'm the milk man!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 11:50:01 AM
This is how we do it:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!