Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

TTC gold/TTi ReCharge

buck · 6 · 1752

us Offline buck

TTC gold/TTi ReCharge
on: June 16, 2015, 06:28:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281307596690?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201071356235?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Something of a hybrid of the previous 2.  I opted to have the awl and the scissors and swap serrated blades; I've never cottoned to that hook blade (or most others with hooks for that matter).

PM me if you want one of my kidneys for your SOG TiNi multitool.

OK, both my kidneys.

ca Offline duFunk

Re: TTC gold/TTi ReCharge
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:30:49 AM
Sorry for replying to an old thread, but I'm scouring the site for info on ReCharge mods that don't ditch or shorten the scissors. I see that you kept the scissors and I was wondering the method you used to get it to close? I ground some off of the one "jowel" on the side of the scissors. It closes almost all the way now, but it's not quite there. I kept taking a teeny bit more off, but it wasn't getting me much closer, and I don't want to take too much off and compromise the integrity of the pliers. It's terribly difficult to see the exact point of contact.. anyway, great mod! Cheers!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:45:02 PM
We don't mind brig in old threads back up :tu:

You might do better finding more info in the Mod Squad forum though :tu: plenty of stuff here I k ow for sure but I know I have seen more there :cheers:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:15:26 AM
  Been trying to find the Recharge mob that made me think about doing one. The fella used a blue/purple heat treat to his titanium handles, but lost the bookmark to it. /grr
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:35:00 AM
  Been trying to find the Recharge mob that made me think about doing one. The fella used a blue/purple heat treat to his titanium handles, but lost the bookmark to it. /grr

Have a look on YouTube. There's instructions on using 9v batteries to anodize the scales. Looks simple enough.. It should be more even. I have tried using heat too. The end results are pretty uneven hue and not that pleasing...

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 06:33:44 AM

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,28429.0.html  :think: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD