Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Might be a bit odd but Sporks...

styx · 16 · 1325

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Might be a bit odd but Sporks...
on: September 10, 2015, 09:54:56 PM
I'm doing some research and it got me to thinking what are y'alls favorite outdoor utensils and is no one showing 'em off?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Might be a bit odd but Sporks...
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 04:31:57 AM
I think there are lots of spork threads here.  It's provide some links but I'm on my phone with very limited access- and an almost dead battery!

I like the Eat'n Tool XL most I think, but I'm also a fan of the standard Eat'n Tool and the plastic double ended spoon/fork thing from Light My Fire.  I'm not sure if it counts as a spork though.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline styx

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:28:25 AM
Cool. To be fair, I forgot to use the search function before starting this thread

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:37:12 AM
Here's the best Spork thread I could find: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=22458.30  Ignore page 1, it got totally derailed.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:34:57 PM
Cool. To be fair, I forgot to use the search function before starting this thread

You should know by now that we aren't one of those forums that tells people to use the search function!  :D

We are always happy to talk about stuff that has been discussed before.  What's the point of a forum if no one talks because they are too busy searching?  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline styx

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 05:18:32 PM
I just like to check and y'all are busy as it is.

As far as things being derailed, this is MTO

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 06:36:45 PM
My favorite right now is a spork relative, a Vargo long handle spoon.  And I know sea-to-summit has a similar version in spork, and that probably will be what I wanna get in the future.

The benefit of having a long handle is two folds:
1) You could reach all the way in if you are eating out of a deep pot or a big food package(like those mountain house meal)
2) Again, for cooking, your spork/spoon could reach the bottom of a deep pot and stir.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 07:58:34 PM
I got myself a CRKT Eat'n Tool a couple months ago and love it. I keep it in my work pack so I have my own quality utensil for meal time in the field. Instead of having to rely on the aluminum foil "silverware" they keep stocked, lol. I wish the Eat'n Tool had deeper tines on it, though. Difficult to get ahold of meats and veggies. I definitely leans more towards the spoon side of the "spork spectrum", if such a thing were to ever exist  :rofl:

I also carry a plastic Light My Fire double ended dealy-bob that Grant mentioned. I like it for things that the Eat'n Tool struggles with. However, being plastic it also has it's limitations. I would like to find one of the Ti ones  :drool:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 09:08:29 PM
I've seen some people complain about stabbing themselves with the LMF Spork. Ever happened to you?

Comis, I know what you mean. I usually take a deep yogurt bucket to work and it's a pain in the bee-hind to get to the bottom of it with shorter utensils

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 10:10:02 PM
I've seen some people complain about stabbing themselves with the LMF Spork. Ever happened to you?

Comis, I know what you mean. I usually take a deep yogurt bucket to work and it's a pain in the bee-hind to get to the bottom of it with shorter utensils

Never stabbed myself, but I cut the serrations off the fork, not so comfortable on my lips... And not much you can cut with a serrated plastic fork  :rofl:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 01:34:22 AM

Never stabbed myself, but I cut the serrations off the fork, not so comfortable on my lips... And not much you can cut with a serrated plastic fork  :rofl:

It has not bothered me, yet. I think the way you use a fork makes it unlikely to cause problems. Not much of the fork goes into your mouth (as opposed to a spoon, I suppose). I just sort of grab the food off of the prongs.

Also, as SAKnight suggests - serrated plastic fork is not a great slicer :D
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 01:53:12 AM

It has not bothered me, yet. I think the way you use a fork makes it unlikely to cause problems. Not much of the fork goes into your mouth (as opposed to a spoon, I suppose). I just sort of grab the food off of the prongs.

Also, as SAKnight suggests - serrated plastic fork is not a great slicer :D

Ha, didn't mean to make it sound like I'm locking my lips on with every bite, just when I'm done I like to get most of the food off with my mouth, and the serrations were less than optimal, also a food trap :)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 02:40:25 AM
Here's the best Spork thread I could find: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=22458.30  Ignore page 1, it got totally derailed.

P1 is gold.  :D  :cheers:

hr Offline styx

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 05:25:33 PM
Why do I know this will end up in a Spork eating tutorial?

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 02:03:21 AM
Why do I know this will end up in a Spork eating tutorial?

I like sporks but I couldn't eat a whole one.

hr Offline styx

Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 12:05:09 PM
Really? they don't seem that big

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%