Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OH Trekker parade

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Re: OH Trekker parade
Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 02:51:08 AM
Here's the only OH Trekker I have, ( Currently ;))
0102181155a.jpg
* 0102181155a.jpg (Filesize: 262.58 KB)
Send In the spartans

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
DSC09426-oht-25.jpg
* DSC09426-oht-25.jpg (Filesize: 302.52 KB)

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2019, 03:25:23 AM
Time to revive this thread!

I'm planning on replacing the green camo scales with navy camo.  Anyone else have unusual scales on their Trekker or Trailmaster?
IMG_2340-min.jpg
* IMG_2340-min.jpg (Filesize: 57.06 KB)

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: December 29, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
Great OH Trekkers!  :like: :cheers:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: December 29, 2019, 03:38:23 AM
lol

I've been kicking around the idea of a non-serrated one handed trekker with the saw removed; pliers and the inline philips instead, then a corkscrew instead of the rear philips...

We're never happy lol

Rangergrip 74 is similar - no Phillips, but the can opener can substitute in a pinch.

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Reply #35 on: December 29, 2019, 04:49:12 AM
This knife has been with me on my job for years now (telecom lineman).  I have abused this knife quite a bit and today on the job (gotta love weekend duty), it once again made short work out of pine branches in the way of some of the closures on the pole line I needed to get to.  The lock back feature and the added strength of the spine of this blade coupled with the chisel grind make it perfect for stripping cable from the steel follower that is all molded into one on many cables from pole to pole.  The serrations are perfect for ringing/cutting through the cable's copper, tin, or steel sheathing and with a carbide sharpener I keep on my keychain that came with one of my Tinkers, I can sharpen this blade with just a few swipes.   The screwdriver is wider on this one that makes it useful for prying at times as well (also the lock back feature of this tool for this purpose again a great advantage so fingers don't get pinched or cut).   This is probably my favorite work knife I've ever owned and it started me collecting SAK's as it impressed me so much.  To be honest, when I bought it, I didn't think it would be all that great.  It proves me wrong all the time.  (That's one of my Handyman's I carried today as well)
Trekker.JPG
* Trekker.JPG (Filesize: 86.56 KB)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:38:48 AM by CraftsmanSAK »
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 04:55:23 PM
Great usage’s.  :like:
Mine is with me 90% of the time also, cargo pocket duty!  :cheers:

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 05:26:07 PM
Second job of the morning... and the Trekker made short work of fixing a damaged cable for me yet again. (compared to the tools the company gives me).  I've tried to talk them into buying them for this job instead of what they get, but no dice....  oh well.  I still got mine  ;)  "of course I'm only using company issued tools boss!"   ::)
Trekker1.jpg
* Trekker1.jpg (Filesize: 120.33 KB)

* Trekker2.jpg (Filesize: 42.39 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 07:33:24 PM
That is very good!  :like:  :cheers:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 06:02:19 PM
On the topic of the lock -

I've noticed that I disengage the lock with my right thumb and close the knife two-handed (not with my right index finger).  Its a bit slower, but very easy and decidedly safer. 

While it is the reverse of every other liner lock, I wonder if that was intentional on the part of the designers to nudge us to slow down and be careful.  I can imagine that the designers would subtly keep the SAK in the non-tactical neutral or pacifist category.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 05:18:04 PM
One of today’s carry’s.

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: December 31, 2019, 05:35:55 PM
One of today’s carry’s.

:like:

Question on scales - are the 111mm red scales that are on Outriders, Forresters, and the like made of nylon rather than Cellidor? 

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: December 31, 2019, 05:43:58 PM
I believe so, and then in 08 the dual ones came out...but the Forrester is now available in wood, which will be one of my next must have.

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: July 03, 2020, 11:44:45 PM
In case anyone was still wondering why the liner lock is seemingly left handed... 

The opener layer must always be on the "rightmost" layer to have a functional can opener for the majority - right handed people. Let's call that the shield layer. The cap lifter/screwdriver uses the liner lock as well. Therefore, to utilize the same liner lock, the blade must occupy the second layer, counting from the shield layer and be opposite the screwdriver. The liner lock must be between the two. Therefore the blade is always in the second layer and the liner lock disengages toward the other tool that utilizes the lock.

:2tu:

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: September 07, 2020, 06:05:27 PM
Has anyone had good results with adding a zip tie or an aftermarket thumb stud to the OHO blade?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%