Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Thrunite t10t or Thorfire ts07

Demel · 11 · 2506

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Thrunite t10t or Thorfire ts07
on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:54 AM
I'm am looking for a good edc, lightweight, compact, slim flashlight. I am currently looking at the thrunite and thorfire. Does anyone have a preference? they are different, one is aa and the other is aaa. What would you get for a first edc light?
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Thrunite t10t or Thorfire ts07
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 12:56:40 AM
I had to go look up the Thorfire and, while it looks OK-ish, something about it looks a little 'cheap' in the pictures.  Thrunite on the other hand I know to be a good quality brand as I own a few and have liked them all so far.  A few folks here have the T10 and I can't remember anyone having any complaints.

For a compact 1xAA with tail switch I'd also have a look at the Eagletac D25A Clicky.  If I was forced to keep only one torch, then the D25A Clicky would be it.  Do note that there are both Clicky and Mini versions of this light, with the Mini not having a tail switch.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:52:20 AM
I had to go look up the Thorfire and, while it looks OK-ish, something about it looks a little 'cheap' in the pictures.  Thrunite on the other hand I know to be a good quality brand as I own a few and have liked them all so far.  A few folks here have the T10 and I can't remember anyone having any complaints.

For a compact 1xAA with tail switch I'd also have a look at the Eagletac D25A Clicky.  If I was forced to keep only one torch, then the D25A Clicky would be it.  Do note that there are both Clicky and Mini versions of this light, with the Mini not having a tail switch.
Thanks I'll check it out
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:13 AM
For the record, I have very little knowledge of lights. So treat me like the noob I am.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 05:58:50 AM
In general, anything flashlight related ending with ...fire is a cheap version/copy of something else. ;)

Or Surefire. :P

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 06:00:37 AM
In general, anything flashlight related ending with ...fire is a cheap version/copy of something else. ;)

Or Surefire. :P

With the exception of Surefire.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:23:57 AM
The T10 is a nice light however if you are looking for a smaller light then the Olight I3s is not to shabby.  I like both a lot and would rate both as very good lights for the money.  There's also AAA Titanium Thrunite Ti and SS Tis light that might be something to look at.
Esse Quam Videri

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:43:25 AM
As Enki said, the ~fires are kinda... yeah, not the best. And that's the first time I hear about a Thor version :D However, sometimes you can get really great ones or so I've heard. The price of a light is not always a determining factor, I think, though I also treat more expensive brands more.. roughly, i.e. I don't pamper them because I know they won't betray me.

I've watched some reviews of the Thrunite T10s, I think there was one stress-test by cuttelrylover. The thing is really tough. It survived al lllot.

I just checked the Thorfire on eBay, but I can't find any outputs...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:44:44 AM by N_N_R »

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 10:50:08 AM
Actually, do you  mind sharing why you are hesitating between this two lights exactly? What are you looking for?

May I introduce you to the Fenix LD12, LD09 and LD11..... :D :drool:

That is if you insist on buying an AA one.

Fenix have a lot of great AAA lights, too. I haven't even caught up with their newer stuff like the new versions of the E05, for example. My newest and fave one is the Fenix LD02, it's awesome.

Another AAA I adore is the Lumintop Tool AAA. As Aloha said, if you don't mind twisties, the Olight i3s is also awesome in terms of run times - 20 lumens for 8 hours, I think. That's about twice the famous Fenix E01.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:52:24 AM by N_N_R »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 12:38:49 PM
Actually, do you  mind sharing why you are hesitating between this two lights exactly? What are you looking for?

May I introduce you to the Fenix LD12, LD09 and LD11..... :D :drool:

That is if you insist on buying an AA one.

Fenix have a lot of great AAA lights, too. I haven't even caught up with their newer stuff like the new versions of the E05, for example. My newest and fave one is the Fenix LD02, it's awesome.

Another AAA I adore is the Lumintop Tool AAA. As Aloha said, if you don't mind twisties, the Olight i3s is also awesome in terms of run times - 20 lumens for 8 hours, I think. That's about twice the famous Fenix E01.
Thanks for the replies. I was looking for 1xA or 1xAAA click light for very compact carry. I saw the t10t and I love  the titanium. The thorfire came up on amazon "customers also bought..." tab. So it's early on. I am definitely leaning towards the thrunite. Titanium body,  tail switch, and it seems very strong for its size 

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 02:27:35 PM
I have the T10s and its a great light. Iove the metal tail switch and have had good battery life. The negative for me is the moonlight mode it's just to low and I never use it. Also if I was buying one again I would get the lighter aluminium model.
Andrew

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD