Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

is it still possible to buy the squirt ps4 with torx instead of rivets?

gb Offline sysbox27

Hi,

Anybody know where I can source the torx version from?

Kind regards,
G.

au Offline DazMechanical

• No Life Club
Probably only second hand unless some dealers have old stock. I think it's been a couple of years since they used the torx screws.
darren

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
US eBay, and be prepared to look through lots and lots of photos of rivetted ones before you locate an actual torx screw variant.  And beware the sellers using "stock" photos of Squirts with torx screws when the ones they actually sell are rivetted.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gb Offline sysbox27

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I will keep a lookout on the bay then, but not holding out much hope, especially as I am in the UK.

Probably just as well right now as funds are tight - I will keep a lookout on the sales forum here anyway.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
The sales forum is your best bet. And that might be hard too as most of the folks here won't let go of their torx versions. :P Mine had the scissors break and I rather invested in new scissors and fix it myself than to risk getting it replaced. :ahhh

The torx only came on the original, first run and was quickly, within a few months, replaced by rivets. And that was 5 years ago. So no dealer has them anymore. Especially not an online one. Maybe you'll luck out and find one on ebay in a TSA bin. Then your best bet is to ask one of our US members to reship it for you due to the UK ebay and knives regulations. :-\

gb Offline sysbox27

Thanks for the advice enki_ck.

Offline masofnos

• New User
I dont come on here very often but i just saw this and thought I could help. are you trying to mod it like a key mod or something? I couldn't find a squirt with torx, so I ended up buying a rivet squirt and drilling out the rivets. You have to be careful though since its easy to damage the scales. I then bought some 1/8 inch pivot barrels from usaknifemaker (google that) which worked perfectly. Got my keys cut, sawed then down to size then presto! It was a relatively easy mod, just a bit time consuming

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%