Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crow's nest

Crow · 514 · 24520

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Re: Crow's nest
Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 07:35:22 PM
 :cheers: guys. It is a sweet place to go once awhile. Good escape from citylife.

@Aleph78 mosquito population is huge this year. But then wind is something else this year, so not that much waving with hands.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 09:15:41 PM
Looks Great Mate  :salute:
Everything’s adjustable

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 09:19:38 PM
Looks Great Mate  :salute:

Damn, there was some old tools that i was supposed to take pictures of. You might of liked them... Maybe i have one...

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:57 PM
Yes. Here it is.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:45 PM

Thats an oldie  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 09:33:23 PM

Thats an oldie  :tu:

That is old. There was another bit smaller one aswell. Cabin wall had hanging old wooden saw, timber marking hammer and pokara (dont know what it is in english). Next time i go there, i will try to take photos.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 09:41:26 PM
Marking hammer? to mark the trees you cut so you get paid?
Everything’s adjustable

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 09:44:38 PM
Yes. What is it called in english?

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 09:49:37 PM
 :think:

Marking hammer I guess
I don't think we have ever had them in the UK but I might be wrong
I think they had them in the USA
Everything’s adjustable

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 10:00:14 PM
I visited my parents, an went looking my fathers tools. He is bit into knife making nowdays. He had few old Billnäs axe heads he is working with.

And forge he made.
IMG-20150410-WA0000.jpg
* IMG-20150410-WA0000.jpg (Filesize: 131.79 KB)

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 01:35:43 AM
Thanks for sharing that family cabin. It does look like a great place to spend a weekend.  :cheers:
+1 looks like a very nice place.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 07:29:43 PM
Well, this weekend was something else. Wifey and kids are out, and my father decided to come over. We went to recyckling center, and flea market hunting. Father got two books he was searching. I bought hand crank drill, and socket set for a good price. I have to say, that i gifted them to my father, because he was drooling after them, and it was sad thing to watch. So thank him for no pictures.

I have trade going on, and we went to shop close by that sells Mora knives. Ended getting three new Mora knives.

Last night went fixing fathers car, grilling, and getting great hang over. Bloodyhell. I dont remember this kind of hang over in long time. Whole day has gotten just laying on sofa.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 10:06:06 PM
Sounds like a great weekend  :tu:

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 10:22:18 PM
Too much :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:23:37 PM by Crow »

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #44 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
Hey! Great idea for a thread. Bookmarked :D
SAW

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 04:35:44 PM
Drool over my dinner.

Have i said anything good of my skillet? I have been using it quite much recently. It is little small for anything for a family, but something small for all, or big for myself, it works beautiful.

One day, when i find bigger one, we will enjoy it. Heck, i used this on my charcoal grill last weekend, and before. Not something you want to do on your teflon pan...
uploadfromtaptalk1436797723587.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1436797723587.jpg (Filesize: 263.53 KB)

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 03:53:50 AM
I'm at work abroad today, visiting a Swedish manufacturer.

I don't remember how the conversation turned this way, but the salesman told me that Finns are different from Swedes, Danish, and Norwegians. He said the Norwegians, Danish, and Swedes all sound pretty much the same to him, but that the Finns sound totally different.

You might say: "Of course! We are from a different country!" But please realize that you are from the same area of the world, and in our minds, we mostly bunch you all together as The Scandinavians. It's ignorant and wrong, I know, but that's kind of the way it is. (now a bunch of people will rush forward to say it is only me who thinks this way...)

He also said that "Finns are different; just weird, somehow." Coming from a sales guy, that doesn't mean much. They are so quick to try to satisfy everyone, make everyone feel good, try to be very mainstream. They always know the right thing to say at the right time, and never seem to say anything awkward, like I do all the time.

Looking at your thread and those of one or two other Finns here, I think maybe he means that Finns like camping out and cooking on a skillet more than other Scandinavians, hehehe.

Keep 'em coming, and please let me know what is in your skillet. It looks like bacon and eggs, but I'm sure it's something else.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:54:53 AM by Smaug »
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:06 AM
@Smaug He is telling you true things. Our language sounds nothing like our scandinavian friends. And our personalities are way different too. Maybe we could be looked more like baltic countries as language and behaviour.

One thing you must know from history. Sweden and Russia has fought many times in past to whom Finland belongs to. Last we were part of Russia, at late 1800, early 1900. We got our own money 1860. And independence 1917. This has had huge influence on becoming whom we are. We have had wars with Russia after our independence, but we have kept them out, keeping our independence.

I would suggest you read this comics http://satwcomic.com/ Scandinavia and the World.
it is fun comic to read, and it basically shows in satire what kind of people live in skandinavia and neighbourhood. Read also what drawer has to say. It explains a lot.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 08:52:14 AM
Oh, yes. Food was bacon and eggs, white bread that i baked crisp in bacon greas. Added cheddar between bread, and good to go.   :drool:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #49 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:51 AM
Oh, yes. Food was bacon and eggs, white bread that i baked crisp in bacon greas. Added cheddar between bread, and good to go.   :drool:

Damn you, now I'm hungry... and I just had my lunch :D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline sawman

Reply #50 on: July 14, 2015, 03:54:26 PM
I just had my usual which is poached eggs (boiled in half water/half apple cider vinegar) over buttered toast. It's a favorite dish of mine and I make them whenever I can. The only drawback is my wife complains how it smells up the kitchen  :rofl:
SAW

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 04:40:01 PM
There was big sales happening at my hometown. Whole family went there, and i found some sweet stuff i have been looking.
20150718_190548.jpg
* 20150718_190548.jpg (Filesize: 252.11 KB)

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 05:48:11 PM
Nice old planes  :tu:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 01:28:53 PM
Few times i have made trades or bought something with our loved lowtech. Here is our latest trade. Everyone that has had deals with him, know he is worth his word, and beyond. And same goes for this trade. Great respect to him.
20150724_141535.jpg
* 20150724_141535.jpg (Filesize: 270.46 KB)

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 01:38:24 PM
Casio watch i have been wearing for last week. Good functions, and so light you can't feel you are wearing it.

Gerber Freehand. Only light used, washed and oiled, works like charm. I only have couple Gerber tools, but i like their feeling. I own Flik, and allways loved how it worked. Lets see how Freehand does all her chores.

Everything else? We will see in time, what comes up...

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: July 26, 2015, 06:27:30 PM
So, my wife insisted that i take my motorcyckle out for this summer. So yesterday was first day it had insurance. Modest 30 km ride yesterday to get all juices flowing. Beautiful cool sunny day. Everything ok with the bike. Today 80 km to her parents cabin, her with our car, me with bike. Nice dry and cloudy. Evening 80 km back with passenger(her brother), wet and cold. Poored all way back. My poor Honda. We got home ok.

Whole summer it has winded so hard nearly every day. It is one of coldest summers for couple decades now. Nothing i have planted grows, because it is too cold and wet. No berries in forests to pick up for winter. When we get sun, it is still cold cause it is windy. So we are having poor summer so far.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:30:51 PM by Crow »

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #56 on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:27 PM
I have that Casio watch too; I'm wearing it now. I love the feature set and lack of a seconds hand.

The timer is especially useful. The stopwatch should go longer than one hour though, and the backlight should also be designed to illuminate the hands, but as  a watch collector, I'm admittedly picky.

I miss my motorcycling days, but my family insisted I give it up until my kids are older. There's too many drunks and people who are "driving while intexticated" here. As a whole, Americans are TERRIBLE drivers.

Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. My son and I are going to go for a hike in a minute, and look for a chance to use our SAK saws. :-)
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline sawman

Reply #57 on: July 26, 2015, 06:55:45 PM
So, my wife insisted that i take my motorcyckle out for this summer. So yesterday was first day it had insurance. Modest 30 km ride yesterday to get all juices flowing. Beautiful cool sunny day. Everything ok with the bike. Today 80 km to her parents cabin, her with our car, me with bike. Nice dry and cloudy. Evening 80 km back with passenger(her brother), wet and cold. Poored all way back. My poor Honda. We got home ok.

Whole summer it has winded so hard nearly every day. It is one of coldest summers for couple decades now. Nothing i have planted grows, because it is too cold and wet. No berries in forests to pick up for winter. When we get sun, it is still cold cause it is windy. So we are having poor summer so far.
Sounds like you're having some great weather compared to us here in Florida. The heat here is a real killer. Wish it were cooler!
SAW

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: July 26, 2015, 10:30:24 PM

Sounds like you're having some great weather compared to us here in Florida. The heat here is a real killer. Wish it were cooler!

I wish we would have weather to comp with t-shirts outside... Only couple days so far...

This is a great watch. But there is a lack of functions i would want it to have. Plus there is the thing my wife said... She said that, that plastick watch is driving he off. If i want to have some, take that plastick off of wrist :D... I,  and her  are more into metal stuff. So, this watch is going to get only work time on wrist...

I could say  that  everywhere you drive, you really need to look over your shouldier. When you are on road with your bike, you should think that nobody can drive, or see you when you are on your bike... This gives you some reason to survive on road. I don't know what it is, but people on car can not see motorcycklist on road.

I think you should get yourself motorcyckle, and get some miles for it. It gives so much pleasure, and enjoyment for your own time. I dont know how to express it, but it is just so relaxing and gets you out of your routines...

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: July 26, 2015, 10:52:59 PM
I only ever use an iron pan (skillet, if you will)
Best way to cook....anything! (also give you forearms like popeye)

V. Nice Cabin.

I might have to move to Finland if there are places like that in it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%