Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Flippers much?

PTRSAK · 36 · 2223

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Flippers much?
Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:15 AM
At the end of the day I guess it's a good example of caveat emptor.
And also on just how the supply vs demand equation can work in a free market  :D

It's not like this was a life-saving drug or something that the flippers are price-gouging on.  No one is forced to buy any of these "collector" SAKs against their will or anything.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 03:54:36 PM
And also on just how the supply vs demand equation can work in a free market  :D

Perhaps perceived supply would be more accurate.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 04:49:03 PM
I have no problem with flippers. It is after all buyers beware. Mind you, for a time, I was almost certain I was singlehandedly responsible for price raises lol.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 04:58:05 PM
The only real problem I have with the flippers (besides moral reasons) is them labeling these knives as *RARE*, misleading people. I know, I know if the buyer is not up on the current availability then its on them, but it is still pretty low.
I'm the milk man!

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 04:24:40 PM
I bought a few extras to trade in the distant future at the advice of the members here. I figured that most of those "rare" alox colours used to be available at affordable prices many years ago. By keeping these blue, olive, copper aloxes for awhile, I suppose I might be able to trade them for 2 of the current alox models at that time. Even if my calculations are wrong, I should still be able to get back what I paid for them.

As for the flippers on ebay now, you can see that they are slowly lowering their asking prices to around $70 but still no takers. When the 2nd batch of the same colours are released by Jeff, prices should come crashing down further

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%