Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pedal Prix 6hr recumbent trike race (round 3)

au Offline bounding star

Pedal Prix 6hr recumbent trike race (round 3)
on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:37 AM
Hi everyone! This Sunday, my team and I competed, once again, in the pedal prix 6hr race. Iv'e got a bunch of explanation over here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,59323.msg1085357.html#msg1085357, from the first race of this year, and I suggest you check that out if you have no idea what I'm talking about. I didn't end up doing a post for round 2, because while everything went mostly smoothly, the brakes were slightly over tightened, and we lost a Lot of time from that overall. Long story short, it wasn't very interesting.

This round, however, was pretty much flawless. We hadn't had the best training, but that just gives us room for improvement for the final race, the Big 24hr. We had no mechanical problems, and not a single (proper) crash, and while I had no chance to heroically whip out the trusty  :multi:, it was good to have things going our way. In our category, we came a close, very close 5th place, trailing by about 20sec by the end of the whole 6 hours (that works out to being beaten by about 200m, after travelling a total of 207km  :cry: ). Frustrating, but after our slow start to the year, its giving us good motivation to be in tip top condition for the 24 hr  :tu:.

I'm happy to answer any questions about anything here, and if its your thing, we're trying to get a subreddit going for sharing and discussing pedal prix racing here: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPVRacing

I'll make sure to have a big nice post on all the stuff that happens at the 24 hr race, so subscribe to the original thread I mentioned at the top to make sure you don't miss it.

Now, the pictures:
Early morning, doing final checks on the trike:

Heres the fantastic Green Edge Team, blinded by the rising sun  :salute::

Getting ready to race:

Seeya next time!

ca Offline JP

Re: Pedal Prix 6hr recumbent trike race (round 3)
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:54:00 PM
Congratulations on the race results. That looks like a fun event.

au Offline bounding star

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:26 AM
Thanks. It was a fantastic event, great fun!

au Offline bounding star

Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 10:23:27 AM
Official video for round 3 is now up:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44