Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Tool Spirit "S"??

Offline Irish Sentry

Swiss Tool Spirit "S"??
on: January 14, 2007, 11:57:57 PM
Just was browsing Ebay for a Spirit and unless my eyes are gone or it is some kind of fake (which I doubt) they DO offer a Swisstool Spirit with the spear point blade...anyone else seen these>??

I am still shopping for a multi-tool, most likely Swiss or SOG.  I have an ancient Buck Tool that I am about to retire to my son....still works I just want a new one...lol

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Swiss Tool Spirit "S"??
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:19:12 AM
Yuppers.  Dat's da SwissTool Spirit S model and has a spearpoint instead of the scissors.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:21:31 AM
You know... when I bought my Spirit I would have preferred the "S" model.  Now that I've had it a few weeks, I use the scissors on it quite a bit.  I'm glad I didn't get the "S"
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Irish Sentry

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 01:53:21 AM
I remember back when I was a kid and thta wasnt that long ago....you didn't have so much selection in knives so the choices were easy....now you about tear your hair out over these tools deciding what you want and what you can live with. I am sure they are all good tools, just hard to make a choice

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:59:41 AM
"choice?"   ???

You sir, will need to learn Bob's First Rule of Multitool Buying:  When in doubt, get both.

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Irish Sentry

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:32:54 AM
 :laugh:  oh my wife would LOVE that theory....lmao

I am a small time custom knife dealer and trader....we are laying in bed one night she says "You have enough hardwear in those totes under the bed to outfit a small death squad." I start laughing, but of course it wasn't a joke....see I guess in "woman reality" it makes sense to buy 50 pairs of shoes and maaybe only wear 10 that same year....but knives.....lol :police:

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:02:11 AM
If you give him enough time Bob, he'll be just like the rest of us...multi-tool junkies :)  And maybe we can give him a little push start with............................................................................................... .................................................the pokey stick  >:D

* PokeyStick.gif (Filesize: 1.35 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 03:10:35 AM
Yes indeed, no one can resist the power of the pokey stick! (Irish Sentry, I predict that you will soon be needing a bigger bed!)  :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 03:20:14 AM
Like the rest of us, he'll probably have the couch all to himself...

:P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 03:24:45 AM
As long as he can cram more totes-full-of-tools under it, I'm sure he won't mind.  ;)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 03:28:18 AM
By then I am sure his wife will have other suggestions where he can cram totes full of tools...

Def

Offline Irish Sentry

Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 05:24:39 AM
I am waaay ahead of her....putting in a loft in the shop...lol

Offline alces

Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 11:03:15 AM
You know... when I bought my Spirit I would have preferred the "S" model.  Now that I've had it a few weeks, I use the scissors on it quite a bit.  I'm glad I didn't get the "S"

Ditto. The scissors don't seem like much at first, but when you've used them for a while and realize how tough they actually are, they become invaluable.

Offline Irish Sentry

Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 07:27:35 PM
Do any of you have the Spirit with the little tool kit and if so how do they pack away and is it worth the extra to have this option?

I have decided to go with the scissors model, as I always have another knife or two on me anyway...can you grind of the serrations like on the one hand opening lockbacks? :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 09:09:57 PM
The extra stuff is kept in seperate pockets in a larger sheath.

I personally think that the ratchet model is well worth the extra money and I not only bought one, but gave it to my father.  Now I have just a regular model, but miss the ratchet.  It was the perfect size for taking apart SOG tools incedentally, and it also accepted standard hex screwdriver bits, so you not only have a ratchet, but also a ratcheting screwdriver.

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:13 AM
The swiss tool spirit S?  I have been looking into getting one of those.  You say the ratchet extention and everything fits in the same sheath?  That is what I wondered about.  I like the idea but I dont want to carry a drop leg tactical holster everyday at least not to carry a multitool.  I was also wondering about the swiss tool's durability and function. 

Does the tool rattle much?  Is the lockup good?  If anyone can help, let me know.

Offline alces

Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:37 AM
The swiss tool spirit S?  I have been looking into getting one of those.  You say the ratchet extention and everything fits in the same sheath?  That is what I wondered about.  I like the idea but I dont want to carry a drop leg tactical holster everyday at least not to carry a multitool.  I was also wondering about the swiss tool's durability and function. 

Does the tool rattle much?  Is the lockup good?  If anyone can help, let me know.

Yup, the sheath has separate pockets for the tool, ratchet/wrench + bit set and the corkscrew. I don't carry the sheath though, I keep the bit set in my backpack. The "plus" sheath is just too bulky after I've gotten used to the slim profile of the basic Spirit sheath. YMMV.

The tool most definitely doesn't rattle, the SwissTools are famous for their excellent fit and finish. The lockup is solid and all tools have a crisp snap when opened and closed.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 12:20:52 PM
The Spirit sheath with extra pockets for the bit pouch and so on is a little thicker than the regular sheath.  I started with the extra bits, then went down to the smaller sheath after giving the first one to my father, so I didn't notice the extra size.  I am certain that ha I started with the smaller on and gone up to the Plus, I probably would feel the same way.

However, it's still less bulky than some other tools in their sheaths.  If you are used to carrying a BIG tool like the Surge, Core or SwissTool then you probably won't mind it.

Def

Offline alces

Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 12:44:45 PM
I'd say it's just a tad bit thicker than a Wave/Charge nylon pouch with the bit kits.

Offline Irish Sentry

Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 11:14:55 PM
 8) Iwent and did it...I bought it....Victorinox Spirit Plus with leather sheath 8)

Do we have a divorce lawter on the forum?? It may come to that will all the knife projects around the house and design plans....lol

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 12:13:12 AM
While I'm not a lawyer, I do have experience with a divorce.  I'll be happy to offer some consulting for a small multitool fee :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 12:30:44 AM
I think I may have to take you up on that as well.... I caught myself looking at the Core again today...

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 02:30:28 AM
I think I may have to take you up on that as well.... I caught myself looking at the Core again today...

Def

Those wandering eyes can only lead to one thing..........

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%