Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What a CRAP day!!!!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: What a CRAP day!!!!
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 12:16:48 AM
After a much quieter and more normal day, I can now spend a bit of time contemplating what yesterday should have been about. Sitting down with a glass of single malt, contemplating how lucky I was to have known my friend. His wicked sense of humour, the pranks we played, the times we helped each other through darker times, the scares, the laughs, the things we had in common, even our differences added to the rich tapestry.

We were on stage together in my first play and first pantomime. He was in a few other productions too. Him, me, and two other mates (who were both there yesterday) used to go out into the countryside at least once a week, and go to a quiet country pub which had a pool table in a back room that we pretty much had exclusively to ourselves all evening. After a while we all decided to try our hand at snooker instead. We were useless, but kept going once a week, never getting better, but knocked back several ales, put the world to rights, and had a damn good laugh while the scoreboard racked up more fouls than breaks. We were all there for each other through life's misfortunes and challenges during that time. Snooker night was the one night in the week when all your troubles were put aside, and you could just get pissed with great mates and laugh till it hurt.

Eventually he drifted away from the snooker table after a health scare and ended up focussing more on the Tai Chi (which he ended up talking me into too), whilst me and one of the other mates got more invested into stage work. After the best part of 20 years we found our lives moving in different directions, him and his wife moved 20 miles in one direction, and I moved 10 miles in the other. For the last few years we lost touch completely, but my life is still richer for having known him.

If you've found another life beyond this one feller, cause chaos in the way only you can do pal. Get 'em laughing, get 'em crying, and let the mirth and mayhem commence. Thanks mate. Thanks for being you  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 01:05:10 AM
Sounds like you guys had many a fun time and you have some great memories to hold dear :tu:
K-Tibbs

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 01:30:50 AM
Yes mate  :tu: we both had narrowboats too, but at different times of our lives. He was a member of the same boatyard I eventually ended up running, but a few years before we met. We spent a week bringing a boat back from down south many years ago for yet another mate of ours. We got into a few scrapes that week! I ended up buying that very same boat 5 years later, which is what my user name here comes from  ;)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD