Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The rise and fall of LM Juice line? 2992

Sr. Member Posts: 475
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 2,344
Re: The rise and fall of LM Juice line?
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
Hmmm Wow - Seems so
You reckon the whole line ?- Or just the pliers based models?  ???

I like the Juices - I usually carrry my S2 in my pocket at the weekend
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 53,938
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2019, 02:10:06 AM »
The Juice has potential but seems like models like the Kf4 were discontinued way before their time  ??? The Xe6 was another model they should have kept :facepalm: I am afraid you are right though and the Juice is heading out the door :-\ The new Free series may be what pushes it on out the door :ahhh
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,837 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 02:36:41 AM »
The Juice line was a fantastic concept, but the full potential was never realised. Leatherman simply didn't get the manufacturing standard to where they needed to be, to become a true competitor to the multifunction pocket knife.

Any hopes of Leatherman elevating the production standards of the Juice are forlorn, so maybe letting it go and introducing a new product for that niche is the best option, so long as they learn the lessons and heed the feedback of the Juice's failings. Maybe they can now (using the Free design concepts) produce something to a higher standard at a less cost prohibitive entry point.

I still have, and use, a KF4. I only use it when I'm highly unlikely to need the drivers though. When drivers might be needed, I'd rather carry a Sideclip along with a scissor laden Swiss knife. I still think that was Leatherman's best urban pocket tool.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,089
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2019, 02:49:51 AM »
I had hoped LM would take a look at the Juice line again.  I really believe there is some great potential there.  As AW said, "The Juice line was a fantastic concept, but the full potential was never realised."

Real shame.  I just recently broke the bottle opener back spring on my Original S2.  I don't want to send in just yet.  I dont want the new S2 at all.  It works fine and I never use the bottle opener anyway.   

Esse Quam Videri
Hero Member Posts: 551
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2019, 03:16:17 AM »
The Free series might fix and resurrect these problems.
Full Member Posts: 159
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
I have  carried an old   S2 for YEARS, only  sent it back one time for a broken back spring.  It always fit perfect in my jeans watch pocket.  I really hate to see them go.
( never really like the" new" style though)       It makes me wonder what they will replace them with if I need warranty work done.    :think:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $107.00
PayPal Fees: $7.13
Net Balance: $99.87
Below Goal: $200.13
Site Currency: USD
33%