Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PAW 1500

us Offline aerojet

• My Wenger...
PAW 1500
on: July 05, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
My EDC watch - Casio PAW 1500 Pathfinder. This unit is packed with information for the person who works and recreates outdoors. This unit is not my first, it replaces my PAG 40 which died recently. The sensors just gave up after 10 years, so I got this one to replace it.

Let's start with time. This unit has local time and a second city available. Mine is set for Chicago, and "Zulu" - UTC time. When I operate as a ham, I don't have to constantly think the difference, but just glance at it. One less thing to worry about while on the air. Stopwatch, when you need one, this has it.

Beyond this - is a Barometer with graph for the past 12 hours. Nice to know what is going on with the weather. Having taken a weather course I can predict the weather better than the TV goof. This is one of the leading ways to tell what is going on. It also has a digital compass, which gives one the wind direction and is good for finding one's way. Ever find yourself off on a detour and can't figure which way is back to the office after being turned around several times? This can give you an idea at the next crossroads.

The Moon Phase is neat to watch, and it does calculate the exact moon age. If you are into this, like I am, this is a neat feature. The tide graph really doesn't do much in the Great Lakes area, but is fun to watch.

Five alarms, and the hourly chime round this unit's output.

Now what is neat is it is a "tough solar" unit. This means it charges the battery while you are out. No more dead batteries. Another really neat thing is the "atomic clock". At midnight it picks up the Fort Collins time signal and sets the watch to the correct time. Now you know that you have the exact time.

All in all, a versatile unit. Waterproof to 200 meters, it is overall winner for one on the go and needing data as to how the weather is doing, where you are, and what is the exact time.

CIMG1503.JPG
* CIMG1503.JPG (Filesize: 136.6 KB)
The early bird may get the worm, but it is second mouse which gets the CHEESE !!

The only easy day was yesterday.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: PAW 1500
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:08:33 PM
I love mine.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:42:58 AM
First badge and you requested it like a pro, congrats mate.  :cheers:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 05:03:59 PM
Nice watch!  :cheers:

We really need a master of space and time badge for owners of ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) watches.  :gimme:
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD