Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] It's all in the notch - Leatherman Rebar - 9th Anniversary Giveaway

enki_ck · 114 · 5704

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Very cool GAW, thanks!
I use the cutter on my LM to cut my finger nails, not the best but works!
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Offline MarZX

I usually cut electrical wires, bike brake and shifter cables and brads. Thanks for the chance.

bg Offline N_N_R

Oh yeah, we need about 45 more GAWs and he's in :D (Sorry, just walking around different threads. Some people will understand me, to the rest, I'm sorry, lol. )

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Oh yeah, we need about 45 more GAWs and he's in :D (Sorry, just walking around different threads. Some people will understand me, to the rest, I'm sorry, lol. )

At the going rate, that'll happen soon...

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

Some stuff hasn't arrived yet. It will get crazy in a week or so. :ahhh

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Thanks to the MTO and Leatherman powers that be.

I use wire cutters to cut down wire coat hangers, zip ties, bicycle cables, and most importantly cut down synthetic flowers. I like to give Mrs. TJ synthetic flowers sometimes because they last longer than regular ones and I can tailor and customize a bouquet and put my own spin on it instead of buying an already made one.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

Some stuff hasn't arrived yet. It will get crazyer in a week or so. :ahhh

FTFY...

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Some stuff hasn't arrived yet. It will get crazyer crazier in a week or so. :ahhh

FTFY...

FTFY ...

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club

Some stuff hasn't arrived yet. It will get crazyer crazier in a week or so. :ahhh

FTFY...

FTFY ...

Well, my crazyer was crazier than your crazier... But I'll let it slide! I'm not cantankerous...

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
  Rebars make for great gifts, glove/tool box compliments, and great for ReCharging.  :D

Haven't gone all crazy with the cutters, yet. have cut various vehicle electrical wiring for splicing and battery work. Did cut some thin sheet metal and it performed rather well - no jamming the jaws together like with the former OEM jaws have.

Since volunteering for farm labor, a free weight loss program idea, have cut bailing and other stiff wire to fix various tiller and planter apparatus. Let's say the owner does things the red neck stoner way so I try not to rock the boat much. He literally threw a fit when I used a rubber snubber hook to hold some linkage...  :rofl:

Have cut a few household screws, a few small nails, nylon zip ties, and some fishing line (out of curiousity). Have even use the pliers to remove slivers and pull out rogue whiskers. This is one fabulous tool that will make you famous for carrying. My Charge TTi loved the upgrade parts.  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

gb Offline sysbox27

Wooaah! Thanks MTO (and Leatherman) for this opportunity.

I don't have a Rebar (hint hint) but I use the wire cutters on my current multi-tool for electrical wire stripping, cutting of cable ties and sometimes snipping the wire string used to tie stuff together.
Nothing all that exciting I guess, but without my multi-tool I would be a little lost.

Now with the option of replaceable wire cutters on the Rebar...   :D

Thanks again MTO!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Good idea for a giveaway. I use the cutters mostly for electrical wire and occasionally for barbed wire. I mostly EDC a Wave at work and it has performed quite well. At home, my Octane gets the EDC nod and it works well for most cutting purposes. I wouldn't test it like I do with my Wave, as I know it's a lighter duty MT.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline carlb

Nice give away! I use the wire cutters for screen clips, cutting off bent staples, occasional electrical wire, and solid wire at work. I actually use the wire cutters a lot. Thanks for the chance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
While I want to enter I have more Rebars than I need so I will be sitting this one out. Good luck to everyone else. Thank you Leatherman for the generous GAW.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

nz Offline Henry

This Summer I mostly used the stranded wire cutters on my Surge for thin wire that I lash wire slings/ropes with. I impressed more than a few people with their capabilities.

I'll bow out of this one though, as I just bought a rebar (for its 154cm wire cutters) for my Mini-surge project last night!
Surge, Wave, Rebar, Micra, C33x

us Offline tommywp

Awesome giveaway. Boring answer...zip ties. Thanks leatherman and MTO!!!  :cheers:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
LM is always so good to us :salute:  Thanks for the chance!

I actually don't typically need to cut any wire, but I've used the wire cutters for other things.  One use in particular at work:  Using them to start a cut in some thick pressboard classification folders, on the tab with a customer's name on it.  When it comes time to shred documents in these folders, the names must be removed and shredded along with them.  The tabs are tough, and the cutters work well to start cut a notch and from there I can just rip them off with the pliers, basically in one swift motion.  Not a normal use I know, but it does really well for me in my line of work :tu:
K-Tibbs

Offline Ossa1970

Really cool give away, thanks for letting me try.

Back in the mid eighties I worked for the railroad in the Bay Area.   It was midnight and a freight train was coming into the yard.  Someone reported a large cable was hanging over the tracks.   I responded and discovered it was a phone cable.   The train dispatcher tried calling the phone company but they could not respond.  So I used  a serrated knife to cut through the hard plastic case to expose the wires and then used my LM supertool to cut all the wire before the train pulled in.    As it turned out the cable was not used anymore, so no harm done.

Since retiring to Oregon, I have used my LM ST 300 to cut lots of chicken wire that I put down under my backyard fence so my dogs won't dig under it.  I have also cut barbed wire I found abandoned when out camping.  Always carry a leatherman, would not feel comfortable without one.   The replaceable cutters are great, allows me to keep the tool in service much longer.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
 Thank you Leatherman for Supplying the Rebar.  :tu: I like using the wire cutters to cut coat hangers to make hooks for my smoker.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

au Offline Rossko07

Cheers to Leatherman and everyone involved in making this happen.

I wouldn't mind having a crack at this one.

I use the wire cutters to cut wire,
I cut electrical wire with them,
And the Surge I currently carry performs flawlessly.

fr Offline hellsing

I mainly use my st300 wire cutter to cut fence barbed wire when I go on vacation in my father farm and do repair job.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Awesome GAW, thanks to Leatherman & MTO!

When I need wire cutters it's either bike brake cable or zip ties to be cut. For the latter, my EDC tool, LM Skeletool is just fine, but has some trouble with the former, so this would be a great improvement :)
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

nz Offline claws42

I usually cut paperclips with my wire cutters

My Wave cuts through them easily, the Dime sucks.

dk Offline Freaver

• Haven't smoked since 17/05-14 7.10 PM - 28/03-16
Reading through this thread, I got to thinking... I almost never use the wire cutters to cut electrical wire - I always end up using either the knife or scissors on my Suspension. I'm guessing alot of you are working with alot thicker wire than I am. There's no way my Suspension would make a clean cut in a thin wire, but I did recently find out that it's excellent at cutting small nails.

If the Rebar can manage everything from thin wire, to zip ties, to small nails... Then I'm set. I'd actually might even consider giving up on the outside-opening tools.  :ahhh

ca Offline scorpion008

• I travel Light: Wave with a pocket clip
I mainly use wirecutters on thin copper wire that I got in an old electrical kit that I use to make little doohickeys. I have a leatherman wave atm which performs moderately well but I wish it had replaceable wire cutters like the rebar. Leatherman needs to put out a wave 3.

hr Offline styx

I mostly cut the thicker electrical wire (full copper, not the strand kind). My Spirit X has no issue chewing through that stuff like it were Atlanta's defense
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ca Offline Leathermended It!

• Leatherman Core EDCr
I am constantly cutting baling wire with my Leatherman Wave. It has done great so far but sometimes I wish that I had the replacable cutters for barbed wire. I just hate having to untwist old rusty wire and cutting it saves so much time.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

us Offline Act2uToo

Thanks for the chance!  :tu:

I mostly use my LM Juice wire cutters to cut insulated 24-ga copper phone wire.  Interestingly, the "hard wire notch" works better than the outer part.

gb Offline Philby

I've used the cutters on the Spirit for rewiring, the Kick for cutting through fencing, and the supertool 200 for a host of cutting tasks; zip ties, fencing, packaging binding, bail twine, electrical wiring.......

it Offline danilo

Great chance thanks multitool and thanks leatherman!

I've used the wire cutter only once, it was to cut a metal braided wire of an umbrella. Onestly I haven't had any other occasion other than that, and that was a year ago...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:23:49 PM by danilo »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD