Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Toothpick or Tweezers: Pick One

Poll

Toothpick or Tweezers?

Toothpick
12 (27.3%)
Tweezers
32 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Re: Toothpick or Tweezers: Pick One
Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 06:58:34 PM

Tweezers for me.  Harder to improvise, compared to the toothpick.  I really don't use toothpicks often, though I like the idea of tucking one in my wallet. :tu:

You're talking about toothpicks here as if you're out in the wild, with nothing else to do but whittle a toothpick. I could whittle a fork and spoon too, but that doesn't mean it is practical to do.

When you need a toothpick, you need it within seconds, without a branch at hand, just like when you need a fork or spoon for eating or a pen for writing.

I'm not necessarily talking about whittling, though out in the wild this is also true. 

The first thing that popped into my head, I have a bundle of small zip ties in my bag, the pointy end is almost the same shape/size as a SAK toothpick.

I think it's just that I don't use toothpicks often.  I might have different standards if I did.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:16 PM

Tweezers for me.  Harder to improvise, compared to the toothpick.  I really don't use toothpicks often, though I like the idea of tucking one in my wallet. :tu:

You're talking about toothpicks here as if you're out in the wild, with nothing else to do but whittle a toothpick. I could whittle a fork and spoon too, but that doesn't mean it is practical to do.

When you need a toothpick, you need it within seconds, without a branch at hand, just like when you need a fork or spoon for eating or a pen for writing.

I'm not necessarily talking about whittling, though out in the wild this is also true. 

The first thing that popped into my head, I have a bundle of small zip ties in my bag, the pointy end is almost the same shape/size as a SAK toothpick.

I think it's just that I don't use toothpicks often.  I might have different standards if I did.
SAK toothpicks come to a much finer point than zip ties. Zip ties wouldn't fit between your teeth where they would need to. Really can't substitute one for the other.

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 07:32:04 PM
I have some pretty small ones that work for me, or I just have big gaps in my teeth :D  Just saying what works for me.

us Offline mrog

Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

SAK toothpicks come to a much finer point than zip ties. Zip ties wouldn't fit between your teeth where they would need to. Really can't substitute one for the other.

Thats why you use the knife and sharpen it to be pointier  :salute:
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read."

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 08:41:20 PM
Tweezers for me. :)

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 12:30:40 AM
My teeth must be jammed tight cuz I can think of only a handful of times in my life Ive ever needed a toothpick.  Eating popcorn does it but generally its just not a problem I need a tool to solve.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 01:05:15 AM
My teeth must be jammed tight cuz I can think of only a handful of times in my life Ive ever needed a toothpick.  Eating popcorn does it but generally its just not a problem I need a tool to solve.

Lucky. I get food stuck in my teeth every single time I eat anything.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 04:23:06 AM

Lucky. I get food stuck in my teeth every single time I eat anything.
You and me both, brother.

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 04:19:20 PM
The SAK toothpick can be used to undo nylon zip-ties by sliding it in between the strap and the ratchets. The tweezers can be a tuning fork. (from The SAK Owner's Manual)
It sure is true that you can carve a toothpick easier than you can carve a tweezers.
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32