Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about the Victorinox pocket knife Evolution 28

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Can't quite find a definite answer if the blade locks in place on this one. Can someone who has this one tell me for sure. I know the Swiss Army EvoGrip S18 has a locking blade though which I am considering but even though it has exactly the tools I want I am wanting this configuration with the philips on one of the sides instead of on the bottom of the knife which seems limiting in places where you can use it. Others come so close I can find that I know for sure that have a locking blade but are always missing one the must have tools on my list.

Thanks for any help in advance.

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Re: Question about the Victorinox pocket knife Evolution 28
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:23:13 PM
Hi!

In the 85mm range, only the models with an 'S' have the lock blade.  So an Evo 28 will not but an S18 will etc. This range was Wenger but is now victorinox with a few minor changes (eg. Bottle opener design). Be sure to check out the S557 as well :)

Cheers

us Offline TRUE LIBERTY

Re: Question about the Victorinox pocket knife Evolution 28
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:58:12 PM
Hi!

In the 85mm range, only the models with an 'S' have the lock blade.  So an Evo 28 will not but an S18 will etc. This range was Wenger but is now victorinox with a few minor changes (eg. Bottle opener design). Be sure to check out the S557 as well :)

Cheers

Thanks but that one is missing the saw. Guess if I want one willh ave to compromise somewhere.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%