Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got banned by Ebay seller

Grathr · 29 · 1453

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Got banned by Ebay seller
on: July 21, 2015, 04:57:06 PM
I find this whole situation a bit abusurd.
I tried to bid on a knife listed by deadwoodknives, but was not allowed to do so.
So I sent them a message asking why, and they answered that since I had given their sister company Digital Freaks a bad feedback, I had been banned.

The transaction in question happened a year ago. I had recieved a $20 knife that had a blade that did not look like the one in the picture. A long story short, we had a polite duscussion, but did not reach an agreement. I did not want to spend a lot of time and money sending a $20 back for a refund, so I gave the "was the item as described" less than full score, and full score on the rest and forgot about it.

I have bought many knives from them in the past with no trouble. so I wrote them that it was a bit harsh to ban a good customer because I gave them a honest feedback.
At this point though I figured that I had nothing to loose, as they already had banned me. So I added a sentence at the end politely telling them that I was unhappy about the situation and that if they did not want me as a customer, I might share my ubhappines with my friends in the knife community.  And that is what Im doing now.

Deadwoodknives and Digital freaks, you have lost a good customer, and Im not impressed with the way you deal with honest feedback.

Sent from a device made from star dust using tapatalk
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

bg Offline N_N_R

Re: Got banned by Ebay seller
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
Wow, that's really really absurd. They should've tried to make things BETTER for you after this feedback, omg. I don't even know how to comment on this.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:06:43 PM
I am bookmarking this thread and shall avoid said sellers from now on. I encourage others to do the same.
SAW

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 05:07:21 PM
Sorry to hear this mate, but thanks for giving us the heads up, I'll keep this in mind if I ever think about ordering something from them  :salute:.

Edit: Also bookmarked this thread.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:08:38 PM by Top-Gear-24 »

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
Noticed.  :salute:

Some people just can not take feedback.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:16:22 PM
I can't even imagine, how can you be aaaaaaaaangry with less than perfect feedback, since YoU did NOT send the item as described.

I remember a seller on eBay who was also rather unhappy and argued when I left them bad feedback. It was in 2013 and it was for the new back then Fenix E11 model. I had had two of the older design E11 flashlights and was sooooo excited and eager to get the new model.... so I found that seller who was offering the new model. All pictures and specs were of the new model. Well. Guess what, I got the old E11, so then I had three.

Of course I didn't send the item back, because, wtf I'd have spent more money. And the smurf argued with me. They show ONE thing and you recieve ANOTHER and then they're unhappy with you for what, for taking your money.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:17:45 PM
Wow!!! Ebay sellers usually bend over backwards to make it right. What tools!!!!!!  No business from me.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline sawman

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:17 PM
Wow!!! Ebay sellers usually bend over backwards to make it right. What tools!!!!!!  No business from me.
It's BAD business and churns my blood. Luckily, I've had mostly very good experiences with eBay. In fact that's where I've acquired most of my favorite gear.
SAW

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 05:29:37 PM
Sad to hear, this is just silly.  With the vast amount of sellers on fleabay they have their nerve. 
Esse Quam Videri

no Offline Grathr

Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
Thanks for the support guys! :salute:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 06:35:19 PM
(...)

Deadwoodknives and Digital freaks, you have lost more than just a good customer, and Im not impressed with the way you deal with honest feedback.

FTFY...
 :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 06:38:05 PM
That's pretty petty for them to block you as a buyer on both their Ebay accounts over one negative feedback. The good news is that tells you more about what kind of business people they are. Definitely not someone to go back to.

00 Offline rebel

• A country boy can survive
Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Apparently eBay is coming down hard on sellers and penalizing them financially for less than perfect feedback. I guess this kind of jumpiness is the result. One the one hand the feedback system is essential to protect us from getting reamed and your feedback is part of that. On the other hand the sellers get skinned a lot for stuff because of bogus feedback. Too bad those guys can't distinguish between honest feedback that means they need to clean up their act and the bums who use threats of bad feedback and bad comments to weasel discounts and refunds. I have had a long suspicion that many companies on there are really the same company because if you look you see their pricing is identical or very similar and they have the same items and exactly the same feedback rating. To me that is dishonest and should not be allowed because it creates the illusion that there is actually competition when it's more like a monopoly with guys opening multiple fictious eBay storefronts for one actual business. That ought to be illegal.

I think eBay is a lot saner than Amawrong but they still have a lot of cleanup to do.

Maybe you could open a complaint with eBay and show the transaction(s) you're talking about and the ban notice or whatever and then maybe somebody will have to do something about it. Their customer service is the absolute worst I have ever seen but the resolution people are usually qualified and helpful. Try to enter it as a problem rather than a question and be prepared for a few rounds of form letters and idiotic non-sequitur comments before you get to somebody with a clue and escalate it if you have to.

Thanks for the notice btw. I was considering buying from with those guys since they have good prices and good ratings but if I take your story at face value I think they need to resolve this instead of burying their heads in the sand.
We say Grace, we say ma'am
If you ain't into that we don't give a damn...
-- Hank Williams, Jr.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 08:17:46 PM
I have bought several items from them, though none for a couple of years. They do not hide the fact that they have two eBay shops, and an online shop too.

I have had them replace some items too.

So, from my experience they really do lack organisation and communication within the company.
I have had long discussions with the manager and chose a specific knife only to have him phone me and apologise as a knife was sent, not the one I wanted, before the manager told them too.

I also on a different occation agreed to be notified when a knife that was out of stock arrived but nothing hapenned...

I would suggest, if you are still interested, to go to their online site and communicate direcly with the boss, as this whole banning business seems a bit childish.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:18:52 PM by dks »
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 08:28:25 PM
Lots of pathetic petty people in the world, not worth the effort or getting angry with any of them. I've adopted this attitude out of necessity, since a few of my hobbies are populated by, um how shall I put this, rednecks?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:29:46 PM by jzmtl »

no Offline Grathr

Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:37 PM
Thanks for the support and advice! :salute:
I think Ill just forget about them  and move on.
If they dont want to do buisness with me, I have no need to do buisness with them.

us Offline sawman

Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 10:11:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that what they've done is against eBay policy. As rebel said, I would make a case out of this and see where it goes.
SAW

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 07:34:53 AM
I once returned a rough knife to an ebay seller. Received a refund. Next time I tried to bid on one of his knives I was barred from bidding. He added that if I tried again he would have me barred from ebay. The jerk didn't have that authority, but if that's his idea of customer service he could go to ####. Most ebay dealers are pretty decent; a few are total $###.

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:45 AM
That's not right is it. No way should they (or any vendor) able to block you from bidding on items. Also, it suggests that they actively keep a 'blacklist' of users who have dared to leave anything like a less than perfect feedback, this is a little worrying in itself; what does one have to do in order to make it onto that list, is there an appeal system, do sellers share their banned lists with each other?!

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 10:17:36 AM
That's not right is it. No way should they (or any vendor) able to block you from bidding on items. Also, it suggests that they actively keep a 'blacklist' of users who have dared to leave anything like a less than perfect feedback, this is a little worrying in itself; what does one have to do in order to make it onto that list, is there an appeal system, do sellers share their banned lists with each other?!

Well said. I don't aim to derail, but that made me remember this ingenious patch:

Always remember: All data will be used.

no Offline Grathr

Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:45 AM
Ill contact ebay and ask what they think of this. If only to find out if this kind of practice is against ebay policy or not.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 12:59:35 PM
Feedback amuses me.  I have posted my feedback rant before so I won't get into it again, but it always amazes me how seriously people take it.

Of course, some people think that it's easier to argue and insult a customer than to actually solve a problem.  My advice?  If you are blacklisted anyway, might as well have some fun with it like I did with an Ebay seller a few years ago:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,2026.0.html

Smurf'em.  Life is too short to worry about self important pricks.  If they want to set up their own little empire and lord over it with an iron fist then let them.  It's not like there is a shortage of knife dealers on the 'net.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
Indeed, people who love their business and who consider themselves real businessmen (women/people/Martians), would react otherwise.

I still remember the gold SAK I got from TexasToolCrafters last year. I was soooo annoyed when I got not what I expected last year, but then the guys there made it all awesome for me. I've always recommended dealing with TTC from then on. That's how you should do business.

I have the feeling some people think that when they own a business, they're bosses, they're masters. While it's exactly the opposites. They (should) become servants to the customers.

no Offline Grathr

Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 05:59:23 AM

Feedback amuses me.  I have posted my feedback rant before so I won't get into it again, but it always amazes me how seriously people take it.

Of course, some people think that it's easier to argue and insult a customer than to actually solve a problem.  My advice?  If you are blacklisted anyway, might as well have some fun with it like I did with an Ebay seller a few years ago:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,2026.0.html

Smurf'em.  Life is too short to worry about self important pricks.  If they want to set up their own little empire and lord over it with an iron fist then let them.  It's not like there is a shortage of knife dealers on the 'net.

Def

Thanks!
I laughed my ass off the first time I read that thread, and I laughed hard this time aswell. :rofl:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 06:09:01 AM

Indeed, people who love their business and who consider themselves real businessmen (women/people/Martians), would react otherwise.

I still remember the gold SAK I got from TexasToolCrafters last year. I was soooo annoyed when I got not what I expected last year, but then the guys there made it all awesome for me. I've always recommended dealing with TTC from then on. That's how you should do business.

I have the feeling some people think that when they own a business, they're bosses, they're masters. While it's exactly the opposites. They (should) become servants to the customers.

In my experience most sellers has got this right.

It is however a interesting strategy to keep their feedback good. You ban all who give anything less than perfect, instead of using the feedback to improve the way you run your buisness and that way get better feedback.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 06:27:38 AM
After thinking about this a little more, I'd also contact fleasonthebay and see what they think.  I rarely complain as I tend to be very skeptical of any actions since they make money from sellers. 

The good thing is you brought it to our attention and our members can decide what they'd like to do regarding this seller(s). 

I think its outrageous conduct but hey I'd dont need half the smurf most sellers sell and can easily find it elsewhere if I feel I do.  I'd never beg anyone to take my money so like boss says life is to short unlike online knife dealers. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 07:02:49 AM
After thinking about this a little more, I'd also contact fleasonthebay and see what they think.  I rarely complain as I tend to be very skeptical of any actions since they make money from sellers. 

Won't do any good to complain. The blocked users feature is apparently totally at the discretion of the seller to use however they like: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 07:11:10 AM
Yeah this is exactly why I tend not to complain.  I'd rather be proactive like grathr and reverse ban him  :rofl: by spreading the word. 
Esse Quam Videri

no Offline Grathr

Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

Won't do any good to complain. The blocked users feature is apparently totally at the discretion of the seller to use however they like: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Thanks for the info. No point in complaining then.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%