Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Lanyards but why? 6737

Newbie Posts: 46
Re: Lanyards but why?
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »
My guiding rule for lanyards is: use it, if it's useful.  For SAK's and other multitools I have lanyards that clip into the keyring and clip onto a belt loop.  When it's time to use them I pull the knife or tool out of my pocket with the lanyard then unclip it.   The lanyard goes back on when I'm done.  As far as permanent lanyards I'm not a big fan, with one exception, my flash light has a permanent lanyard that wraps double around my wrist.  Sometimes when I am using a knife or tool over and over I will leave the lanyard on and clip the free end around my wrist.  I made one paracord lanyard braided in a chain sinnet, (daisy chain), braided it's the right length to clip around my wrist.   If I pull out the braid, (takes three seconds), It can be tied into a neck lanyard.  I am considering modifying my set up to add a very small clip to my SAKs so that I can simply clip onto a paracord line rather than a proper lanyard.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:04:06 PM by Scorpion Regent »
Hero Member Posts: 904
Re: Lanyards but why?
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
I used to have lanyards on any sigle tool/sak/flashlight, but now that I made some Ti clips those are replacing the former...
But today, I decided to attach the microTi clip I made onto a lanyard

So now it is both a clip and a lanyard  :facepalm:

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $372.43
PayPal Fees: $22.89
Net Balance: $349.54
Above Goal: $74.54
Site Currency: USD
127% 
November Donations

Community Links