Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teach me about Swiss cross watches

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Teach me about Swiss cross watches
on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:56 PM
I have a Casio Edifice which I love and I occasionally edc.However, I'm a huge Swiss Cross groupie and I really like the design of some of the Swiss Army Watches so I thought at some point... after I get some pennies (less expediture on diaper-fund) I could get one.

Not sure what I want... I think I'd prefer battery powered and with the red cross logo but I don't care much about specifics... honestly it's more about looks and brand loyalty... I check the time on my phone anyway  :-[

However... especially on the second hand market I see tons of similar-looking watches marked: Victorinox, Wenger, Swiss Army, Swiss Military, Hanowa... to me they look the same, but range from 10 USD to 300 USD... What am I missing? Are the cheap ones fake? Are there many watch companies using the Swiss Army cross?  :think:
How do I get the prettiest, cheapest Vic/Wenger watch?  ???
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Teach me about Swiss cross watches
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:46 PM
Well, DKS bought the cheapest I had to offer, but I do have a Wenger divers watch which I do not wear, but I did lessen it´s value by scratching teh crystal. Maybe that would be right down your alley. I´ll check If I have some pics, otherwise I´ll take some.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 05:13:00 PM
Thanks mate.. mightbe interesting, though I paid a LOOOT this month on gear, especially as baby is almost here.

I don't cry much after dks'watch... I liked the pen, but I didn't need the knife and the watch.. well.. it had silver logo... and kill me but for me it must have red logo or it's not swiss  :D
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 05:19:14 PM
It was a limited edition silver cross model  :pok:

Very desirable  :D
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%