Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wish me good luck, people! :D

N_N_R · 138 · 4801

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: Wish me good luck, people! :D
Reply #120 on: July 30, 2015, 04:35:15 AM
OH, NOOOO, you're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad peopleeee, bad bad bad bad bad bad  :twak:

Mistress NNR using a flashlight... on someone who's been bad.... That's a little hardcore.

And I'm sure that if you ask nicely, some one will help you with shipping something that isn't normally available there.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #121 on: July 30, 2015, 07:36:51 AM
 :rofl:

Lol.

Alright, thanks for all the suggestions and ideas and participation in general guys :D I guess that since next week I'll get some money in my account, I may just order the Pingo and hope for everything to go smoothly just like wiht my Ambi :D

:drink:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #122 on: July 30, 2015, 07:41:58 AM
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #123 on: July 30, 2015, 08:17:46 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Did you shave your arms?  :think:  Nice watch buddy.  :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #124 on: July 30, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
..so you noticed the arms but not the chest.....  (or the watch) I am worried about you  :rofl:

I actually do have an HID 85W light which is similar in length to the one pictured, but thicker  :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #125 on: July 30, 2015, 08:45:22 AM
..so you noticed the arms but not the chest.....  (or the watch) I am worried about you  :rofl:

Clearly it was lost in translation, let me try again. Nice watch  ;)  ;)  buddy.  :whistle:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #126 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:26 AM
It is one I got from lowtech    :tu: 

:)

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #127 on: July 30, 2015, 11:12:29 AM
I loooooked at whatnot online stores here, nobody has a Pingo, gr. Or another one I like.

I've been looking at a Victorinox Sentinel OHO for ages...

I love the colour of the Hunter XT, too, orange.

I wanted to have a OHO, corkscrew and a bottle opener, but nothing matches, lol.

But if it's gonna be the Sentinel or the Hunter XT... neither has a bottle opener, the Hunter has at least a corkscrew and is orange...

Psst, there's a OH Nomad with bottle opener (the strong locking one), OH blade, and corkscrew  :pok:

It's one of my favourite SAK's, actually :) . Doesn't come in orange though...

http://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Nomad

The Victorinox Nomad is a 2 layer 111mm Liner-Lock model with a basic set of tools.  Available with regular or one-hand-opening blade configurations.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:13:44 AM by bmot »
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #128 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:22 AM
Well... the Garant is an orange-y, unique Nomad with Plus scales:

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #129 on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:42 AM
Well... the Garant is an orange-y, unique Nomad with Plus scales:

(Image removed from quote.)

But not One Handed ;)
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #130 on: July 30, 2015, 12:12:45 PM
Yeah, the Nomads I've seen aren't OHO :think:

And Why isn't there that Rescue Tool / whatever it was called/, the nice bright yellow one, with a normal blade. They all seem to be serrated or half serrated/half plan/half something else. Don't rescuers need to cut normal stuff.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:31 PM
Yeah, the Nomads I've seen aren't OHO :think:

And Why isn't there that Rescue Tool / whatever it was called/, the nice bright yellow one, with a normal blade. They all seem to be serrated or half serrated/half plan/half something else. Don't rescuers need to cut normal stuff.

Not a rescuer, but I'd imagine most of their tasks are to cut clothes, ropes and seatbelts, and for all of these, a serrated blade is better.
Also a serrated blade will last far-far more before requiring resharpening than a straight edge, which is nice for a rescuer who doesn't have the time/skills/interest to spent time honing blades or who has a 50-car pile-up where he can't stop and strop the blade.

The biggest disadvantage of serrated is that once it gets dull, it's a nightmare to get back in shape...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #132 on: July 30, 2015, 12:20:30 PM
Ow and if you hate serrations, do not go for the Spyderco Salt... it's with the serrations  where H1 steel shines and the Spyderedge serrations are twice as good as Victorinox's, but twice as hard to sharpen as well...

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #133 on: July 30, 2015, 03:14:38 PM
And eventually I'll maybe go more with the NEED than WANT part... and just buy me a good solar powerbank for the phone as well as a Maxpedition Fatty organizer to keep the powerbank/solar charger, plus the phone charger, plus some more phone/PC related cables and stuff in it.... :think:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #134 on: July 30, 2015, 03:17:36 PM
... and a Spyderco.. you KNOW you NEED a Spyderco.  :pok: :pok: :pok:
EVERYBODY NEEDS a Spyderco in proper steel  :D

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #135 on: July 30, 2015, 03:28:04 PM
I guess I'll just wait for whoever to get some models I like to these shops ....

Or lurk in some of our forums and wait for something used to show up.

... and a Spyderco.. you KNOW you NEED a Spyderco.  :pok: :pok: :pok:
EVERYBODY NEEDS a Spyderco in proper steel  :D

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:14 PM
Meh, I meant to as well, but around this part of Europe they're not getting much Spydie and honestly forums *mto and mainly bf regarding spydies) are quite expensive, ship from us and there is always a degree of uncertitude. I said I'd rather pay an extra 10 usd and get them from a proper dealer.
Did you try the Uk, De and Cz webshops? No customs and fast shipping...

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #137 on: July 30, 2015, 04:43:10 PM
No, I haven't really tried much.

Btw. That BG dealer doesn't have a Maxped. Fatty either :rofl: I wonder why the smurf they upload stuff on their site since there's always anything I like and want.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%