Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Retro GameBoy’s anyone know anything?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Retro GameBoy’s anyone know anything?
on: May 31, 2023, 08:46:44 PM
I used to have the real thing back in the day, I had all sorts of things that made it better, a attachment with speakers, huge magnifying screen, a light, even a joystick, plus a bunch of games, yet I just found out that they are making something similar with the old school games, I just don’t know the first thing as to what’s good when it comes to electronics, I found three diff models one has 400 games in it, yet these other two have 5k and 10k games, so I was wondering if any of you have the slightest clue as to if either of these are any good? The two diff systems are CredevZone RG35XX, and the DREAMHAX RG300.. I’d just really like something that has some good old game and something that last longer then 2weeks,, so if anyone knows anything please let me know..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Retro GameBoy’s anyone know anything?
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 02:04:05 PM
It is a lot to take in  :ahhh I have debated on getting one over the last couple years and never have :whistle:

Definitely check YouTube out on these :salute: they really tell you the what is what better than thebsites that sell them :cheers:

I have heard good things about Anbernic and their lineup but so many to choose from with just that brand as well  :ahhh

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 10:12:54 PM
I kept it vintage myself and got a Gameboy Advance SP (the 101 with the brighter backlight) and an EZ Flash Omega cartridge. It has pretty much every game from NES, GB, GB Colour and GBA.
Plays on a GBA or a DS.

I know the retro things are pretty popular, although I believe you still have to mess around with the ROM side of things, which can get a little questionable in legal terms.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 11:02:16 PM
Well the Mrs liked it and ordered one, it supposedly should be here within a few hours, all I know is it comes with a 64MB chip and carry case, besides that a bunch of games that I wouldn’t mind playing, so I guess I’ll see if it’s good, the kid said I should probably get a 128MB chip instead but oh well,
JR

* IMG_1713.jpg (Filesize: 82.06 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 05:27:45 AM
I know a thing or two. Even shared a little of my thoughts on them here... https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,90950.0.html

Does not appear to be a popular topic on MT.O as nobody responded.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75