Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKwiki question: SwissFlash or @Work?

Offline RedRamage

SAKwiki question: SwissFlash or @Work?
on: July 29, 2015, 04:34:38 PM
Looking at the catalogs posted here I see that Victorinox has a (relatively?) new 58mm called the Victorinox@Work.  It looks like this replaces the SwissFlash (which replaced the SwissMemory).

I'm going to assume that because this is a redesign of the flash drive and probably beefier memory sizes as well that this would considered a new model rather than a variation of the old.  SwissFlash and SwissMemory are listed as different knives, so following that logic, I'm guessing @Work should be a different model as well, yes?

The next question is the name: Should it be called 'Victorinox@Work' or just '@Work'?

Finally, what's accepted practice for pictures?  Can I lift the pic from the catalog and upload that or is that considered using copyrighted material?

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Re: SAKwiki question: SwissFlash or @Work?
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 03:11:00 PM

I'm going to assume that because this is a redesign of the flash drive and probably beefier memory sizes as well that this would considered a new model rather than a variation of the old.  SwissFlash and SwissMemory are listed as different knives, so following that logic, I'm guessing @Work should be a different model as well, yes?

I would say so.

The next question is the name: Should it be called 'Victorinox@Work' or just '@Work'?
Depends on the context. Around here, or in any other context where everyone knows you're talking about SAKs, @Work is enough. Just like we would only say "Victorinox Tinker" when it isn't understood already.

Finally, what's accepted practice for pictures?  Can I lift the pic from the catalog and upload that or is that considered using copyrighted material?
SAKwiki has ads, which means someone is making money from that site, which means you shouldn't use copyrighted material there without their written consent.

Best to find a pic elsewhere (like here) and ask the photographer if it's OK to use it.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25