Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UK legal neck multitool?

00 Offline matty78943

UK legal neck multitool?
on: July 31, 2016, 07:24:03 AM
ok so you know what a neck knife is.

you know what a multitool is.

i was wondering about having a small multitool on a chain around my neck (multitool necklace?)
but being in the uk that rules out all the ones i like the look of (exept saks) and also being in Yr11 in high school means no blades.
i was debating on getting a new 58mm (not cutting up my beloved minichamp) and cutting the blades off and putting a chain through the keychain loop.

is this a good idea or are there better ways of doing it?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: UK legal neck multitool?
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:37:31 AM
Leatherman Style PS.

It's fully legal,but,depending on where you are in the UK,I'd maybe not bother.

If your in London,or one of the other major centres,regardless of the laws,having a multi may cause more issues than you need. If your blessed to live somewhere where common sense rules,then great! But I'm not sure I'd like a PS banging around on a chain on my neck :think:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:43:06 AM by kirk13 »
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:40:23 AM
Leatherman Style PS

maybe but i am thinking smaller so i can have it "out of the way and unseen by other students" i.e under my shirt as i normally wear the st lucifers cross by alchemy gothic
but a swiss army knife would look nice and be functional
841227c-emp.jpg
* 841227c-emp.jpg (Filesize: 8.4 KB)

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 11:21:24 AM
How about a one-piece tool? Some of them look like jewelry anyway!

I used to come here a lot.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:57 AM
Leatherman Style PS.

If your in London,or one of the other major centres,regardless of the laws,having a multi may cause more issues than you need. If your blessed to live somewhere where common sense rules,then great! But I'm not sure I'd like a PS banging around on a chain on my neck :think:

Not too sure about the legality of that John, it's getting very close to the classification of a disguised knife.

I'd personally carry a SAK in my pocket
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 12:30:05 PM
as suggested, a one piece tool may be OK.

Some have cutting edge, some do not
e.g.
http://www.leatherman.com/pockettools
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 12:31:18 PM
Leatherman Style PS.

Not too sure about the legality of that John, it's getting very close to the classification of a disguised knife.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the SAK,excepting that Matty is in school,and has ruled out anything bladed(hence me suggesting a PS)

Maybe a Vic Jetsetter?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 12:32:25 PM
Leatherman Style PS.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the SAK,excepting that Matty is in school,and has ruled out anything bladed(hence me suggesting a PS)

Maybe a Vic Jetsetter?

Ah school, I missed that word in there, I need coffee  :twak:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 04:05:57 PM
i was tempted by the jetsetter but am thinking just another minichamp/what is before it (cant remember i think the manager) and dremeling the blade(s) off and the neck idea is so it hides it from curious (albeit slightly less intelligent) students so i can prevent "SIR HE HAS A SWISS ARMY KNIFE ON HIM!" so it will be hidden under my shirt because at the moment i have a MP600 bladeless in pouch in my bag "for my bike" which is ok but want something i can have on me

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 04:29:29 PM
I somehow feel a rabbit hole opening up here >:D

Matty,have you considered the idea of building a custom 58mm? If you can Dremel a blade off(sin! Sin I tell you!), you can near enough just build a new tool :pok:

One thing I would do...use different scales...rather than the standard red,look at the annual releases...they'll be less identifiable. The problem we tend to have here is that if it looks like a knife,then it must be a knife!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:31:35 PM by kirk13 »

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 04:32:27 PM
hmmm......I'm listening?

how doth one make thou selves a 58?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 04:35:19 PM
Having no clue what UK law are what about Infora tool by True utility, Nite Ize doohickey, key bak keychain tool, screw pop.?  There are some usable one piece tools that are very smart looking worn as jewelry. 
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline matty78943

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 04:36:42 PM
Having no clue what UK law are what about Infora tool by True utility, Nite Ize doohickey, key bak keychain tool, screw pop.?  There are some usable one piece tools that are very smart looking worn as jewelry.

3 inch blade or under, non-locking (i.e slipjoint ala SAK)

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 07:35:52 PM
hmmm......I'm listening?

how doth one make thou selves a 58?
Check out the sticky about SAK modding in the Mod Squad subforum. It contains lots of links to how tos and other useful threads about SAK modding. I can personally asure you that it is fairly easy, and a lot of fun!
Good luck! :tu:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%