Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Swisschamp Antler (pic heavy !!!)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Victorinox Swisschamp Antler (pic heavy !!!)
on: August 03, 2015, 02:47:43 AM
So, topic number nine about what I bought during my trip to Switzerland.

I've long wanted a Swisschamp with antler scales, and guess what I saw at the brandstore in Brünnen ...  :D

:whistle:

:D

I need to come clean now, I did always want an Antler Swisschamp, and I did see one in Brünnen (they had all the special ones, hardwood, Rosewood, Horn, Antler, Mother of Pearl).  But I just couldn't spend the money on one knife that would spend it's entire life in a box in my collection.

So, instead of buying one shelf queen, I bought myself three Silver Tech Swisschamps that would be used by their owners.  One for me, and one for each of my boys  :D.  The one with the black lanyard and sheath is from my oldest son, the one with the red lanyard and sheath is the one from my youngest son, and the one without lanyard and sheath is mine (I did buy an orange lanyard with it, but I haven't put it on yet).

And here are some pics of them being carried, fiddled, admired during our stay in Switzerland:

My youngest one taking pics of his Swisschamp on top of the Eggishorn:

My oldest son, also on top of the Eggishorn:

The Swisschamp from my oldest son, with the Aletsch Glacier in the background:

My youngest one playing with the pliers on his Swisschamp during our hike through the Aare Gorge:

My youngest one noticing I'm taking pics of him while playing with the pliers of his Swisschamp at the Aare Gorge:

So, I would like to apologize for the misleading title of this topic, but I did almost buy an Antler Swischamp  ;).

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Re: Victorinox Swisschamp Antler (pic heavy !!!)
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 03:23:58 AM
:2tu: :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 04:47:53 AM
So, topic number nine about what I bought during my trip to Switzerland.
I've long wanted a Swisschamp with antler scales, and guess what I saw at the brandstore in Brünnen ... 
I need to come clean now, I did always want an Antler Swisschamp, and I did see one in Brünnen (they had all the special ones, hardwood, Rosewood, Horn, Antler, Mother of Pearl).  But I just couldn't spend the money on one knife that would spend it's entire life in a box in my collection.
So, instead of buying one shelf queen, I bought myself three Silver Tech Swisschamps that would be used by their owners.  One for me, and one for each of my boys. The one with the black lanyard and sheath is from my oldest son, the one with the red lanyard and sheath is the one from my youngest son, and the one without lanyard and sheath is mine (I did buy an orange lanyard with it, but I haven't put it on yet).
And here are some pics of them being carried, fiddled, admired during our stay in Switzerland:
My youngest one taking pics of his Swisschamp on top of the
My oldest son, also on top of the Eggishorn:
My youngest one playing with the pliers on his Swisschamp during our hike through the
My youngest one noticing I'm taking pics of him while playing with the pliers of his Swisschamp at the Aare Gorge:
So, I would like to apologize for the misleading title of this topic, but I did almost buy an Antler Swischamp

You had me eagerly waiting to view a photo of a stag antler Swisschamp.  LOL

But the above picture was worth the wait.

Time spent with kids is priceless and they're fortunate they have a father who gifts Vics to them.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 04:52:37 AM
Great knives and great scenery!   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:11:50 AM
 :salute: just wonderful.  I love the red sheath.  What terrific SAKs for the boys and yes you too.  They will have so many memories of these truly great saks, I know mine as seen a lot in the time I've had it. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 01:54:29 PM
Not what I was expecting at all, but BETTER! Thanks so much for sharing those warm family moments.

I really like these stories of gifting/sharing SAKs. Here, you unselfishly bought SAKs for your kids instead of one exorbitant one for yourself. What a good dad!

Here's one of my daughter playing with my Hunter Green Rambler. She must have been just a few weeks old:

She's 3-1/2 now, and likes to play with my SAK while we're out and about sometimes and waiting for something:

A few weeks ago when we went to Bass Pro, we somehow wound up in the knife section on the way to see the fishies, and she picked out a pink camouflage Classic for herself, and a big machete for me, and said: "Here's a big knife for you Daddy, and a little one for me."

I explained to her that I don't need a big knife just because I'm big, the important thing is that it is sharp, and that the Classic she wanted is actually a "Big Girl Knife".

Now, every time we go there, she asks if she can have her Big Girl Knife. I think I'm going to get it for her next time, and just closely supervise its use. Maybe make her a little pocket hanger for it too, hehehe.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:56:14 PM by Smaug »
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:03:04 PM
Cool story Top-Gear-24, and superb pics as well :tu:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:43:40 PM
Not what I was expecting at all, but BETTER! Thanks so much for sharing those warm family moments.

I really like these stories of gifting/sharing SAKs. Here, you unselfishly bought SAKs for your kids instead of one exorbitant one for yourself. What a good dad!

Here's one of my daughter playing with my Hunter Green Rambler. She must have been just a few weeks old:

She's 3-1/2 now, and likes to play with my SAK while we're out and about sometimes and waiting for something:

A few weeks ago when we went to Bass Pro, we somehow wound up in the knife section on the way to see the fishies, and she picked out a pink camouflage Classic for herself, and a big machete for me, and said: "Here's a big knife for you Daddy, and a little one for me."

I explained to her that I don't need a big knife just because I'm big, the important thing is that it is sharp, and that the Classic she wanted is actually a "Big Girl Knife".

Now, every time we go there, she asks if she can have her Big Girl Knife. I think I'm going to get it for her next time, and just closely supervise its use. Maybe make her a little pocket hanger for it too, hehehe.

Thanks for the kind words my friend  :salute:.

And thanks for sharing your family moments as well.  That pic with the Hunter Green Rambler is just adorable  :tu:.

About the pink camouflage Classic, if I were you, I would buy it without her knowing it, and that way you can give it to her once you think she's ready for it  ;).  I gave my oldest son his first SAK, a Signature Lite SilverTech, when he was about 6.5 years old, you can read more about that here.  Since then, his collection has been growing up to the point that he now has about nine Saks and one Leatherman (style PS).

Once again, thanks for sharing those lovely pics  :salute:.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 08:42:15 PM
I love the Swisschamp, I have four of them, I only have one that I don't use and that was my fathers  :salute:

One of them is NIB for my son when he is old enough
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 10:27:01 PM
I like those sheaths. I can't seem to find any stateside..  ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%