Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

10,000th post and giveaway announcement

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: 10,000th post and giveaway announcement
Reply #240 on: December 13, 2015, 06:42:11 PM
That is good you have more time.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #241 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:29 PM
For sure  :cheers:

I hope to use the holiday period at the end of the month to reflect on what direction I want things to go in 2016. If indeed I want them to go in any specific direction at all. I am undecided whether to plot a new heading in life, or whether to just weigh anchor and see where the winds and currents take me

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #242 on: December 13, 2015, 07:05:12 PM
I feel you. Only a couple of months from leaving a job I have had for over 27 years in some form for something I just learned how to do.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #243 on: December 13, 2015, 07:21:47 PM
This Al is why im glad i have too always trade my mt's/sak's, it means ive ended up with what i use,if ive ended up back with the same stuff it means there keepers,my list goes like this.

og wave
vic spirit
swisschamp
champion
craftsman
explorer
huntman
farmer
108mm gak

These are my users for urban and camping /outdoor activities, then theres my slipjoints  :facepalm: congratulations on 11k mate ,hope you have a few buisness ideas  :salute:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #244 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:07 PM
This Al is why im glad i have too always trade my mt's/sak's, it means ive ended up with what i use,if ive ended up back with the same stuff it means there keepers,my list goes like this.

og wave
vic spirit
swisschamp
champion
craftsman
explorer
huntman
farmer
108mm gak

These are my users for urban and camping /outdoor activities, then theres my slipjoints  :facepalm: congratulations on 11k mate ,hope you have a few buisness ideas  :salute:

Rule breaker!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #245 on: December 13, 2015, 07:30:45 PM
I just went crazy for a while, trying everything I could  >:D

Even now, I'm still weighing up the pros and cons of stuff before letting them go, but it's so much easier to compare stuff when you've got the options right in front of you  :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #246 on: December 13, 2015, 07:31:48 PM

og wave
vic spirit
swisschamp
champion
craftsman
explorer
huntman
farmer
108mm gak

Rule breaker!

Rules are for breaking  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #247 on: December 13, 2015, 07:59:52 PM

og wave
vic spirit
swisschamp
champion
craftsman
explorer
huntman
farmer
108mm gak

Rule breaker!

What rules are these? Are they rule's I'm already breaking, or are there as yet unidentified ones I've not figured out I should be rebelling against?

:P

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #248 on: December 13, 2015, 08:13:49 PM

og wave
vic spirit
swisschamp
champion
craftsman
explorer
huntman
farmer
108mm gak

Rule breaker!

What rules are these? Are they rule's I'm already breaking, or are there as yet unidentified ones I've not figured out I should be rebelling against?

:P

:rofl:  was it mr T that said rules are for fools  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #249 on: December 13, 2015, 08:35:37 PM
I read a quote only the other day which was words to that effect. Now where the hell did I read it?  :think:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #250 on: December 13, 2015, 08:37:20 PM
I feel you. Only a couple of months from leaving a job I have had for over 27 years in some form for something I just learned how to do.

Have you learned it yet (the new thing), or is that journey yet to come?

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #251 on: December 13, 2015, 09:49:31 PM
Already went to school on my own time to learn to drive a semi truck.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #252 on: December 13, 2015, 09:51:35 PM
Good for you mate  :tu: I wish you every success with it  :cheers:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #253 on: December 13, 2015, 10:00:47 PM
Thanks man, will be an adjustment after all these years of being a Soldier.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #254 on: December 14, 2015, 02:09:06 AM
Going back to the ST300 and Micra set, it's a shame they didn't include a case which carried both tools. I know some folks might think it's a waste to chuck this in a toolbag, especially when that bag will have dedicated drivers and pliers and such.

Sometimes though, even with a full set of dedicated tools, a multi will save the day. I found that several times, up a ladder, upside down in a boat's engine bay,or when you just daren't let go of that thing you've half built or half disassembled to go and get the next tool.

The main thing though is avoiding the :ahhh and the cost of sending it somewhere else in the post. It was one of the items I was really not looking forward to having to ship. Plus I get to keep that sweet display case for other stuff too  :D Still need to consider some compound cutters though

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #255 on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:40 AM
Already went to school on my own time to learn to drive a semi truck.
Learning to downshift a rig is an art and a skill :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #256 on: December 14, 2015, 11:33:31 AM
Going back to the ST300 and Micra set, it's a shame they didn't include a case which carried both tools. I know some folks might think it's a waste to chuck this in a toolbag, especially when that bag will have dedicated drivers and pliers and such.

Sometimes though, even with a full set of dedicated tools, a multi will save the day. I found that several times, up a ladder, upside down in a boat's engine bay,or when you just daren't let go of that thing you've half built or half disassembled to go and get the next tool.

The main thing though is avoiding the :ahhh and the cost of sending it somewhere else in the post. It was one of the items I was really not looking forward to having to ship. Plus I get to keep that sweet display case for other stuff too  :D Still need to consider some compound cutters though

I've got some compound cutters and they are great but the handle splay will be similar to the powerlock.

I recently picked up the matching compound combination pliers too cause it would have been wrong to leave them in the shop.   :whistle:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #257 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:07 AM

I've got some compound cutters and they are great but the handle splay will be similar to the powerlock.

I recently picked up the matching compound combination pliers too cause it would have been wrong to leave them in the shop.   :whistle:

... but at least I'll only have to use them when I've got something I can't cut with standard pliers  :D good catch on the matching set  ;) What brand, and would you recommend them?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #258 on: December 14, 2015, 12:11:09 PM

... but at least I'll only have to use them when I've got something I can't cut with standard pliers  :D good catch on the matching set  ;) What brand, and would you recommend them?

The brand is Fuller Tools. Not the best brand but the only compound ones I have seen in a hardware shop. I've had no issue with the cutters.

Absolutely recommend the cutters but with the combination pliers I'm still on the fence, mostly because since I got them I haven't done a lot of wiring.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #259 on: December 14, 2015, 12:15:31 PM
 :salute: :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68