Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pioneer Alox Collecting Madness

us Offline BerkshireHunter

Re: Pioneer Alox Collecting Madness
Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:40 PM
Nice, I like the pioneer for its compact minimalist approach with the most useful tools. I snagged two black/ red shields from Seitz when they were charging the more reasonable $33 shipped to America!  :o

The Vic webpage says,
Its casing in black anodized aluminum and the red/white cross&shield make a combination that has not been produced very often by Victorinox in the past. Victorinox has transformed this classic into a special collectors item for its fans, without taking away from its functionality. The Pioneer black is one of the many products that Victorinox is turning into something extraordinary.
. I get the feeling it may be limited, but many places like Vic are charging the same price for a black or silver version, which is only logical.

It seems like the cadets are getting more popular than the pioneers... I see a lot of places charging more for a colored cadet than a pioneer, madness! Pioneer is twice the tool!

I've got a few colors now and have to say, if I was to get extras of any, I think the black ones would be my choice.  :tu:  (Though I do still need classic red pioneer)

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 09:38:11 PM
Speak of the devil, the blue Farmers are back in stock: https://www.cutleryshoppe.com/victorinox0824122rfarmer-bluealox91mm-cutleryshoppeexclusive.aspx

One blue Farmer on order
:woohoo:

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 01:46:16 AM
Speak of the devil, the blue Farmers are back in stock: https://www.cutleryshoppe.com/victorinox0824122rfarmer-bluealox91mm-cutleryshoppeexclusive.aspx

One blue Farmer on order

Just tried to order one but there system seems to think my address is something other then what it is.

Always have to call them to place orders. Hopefully they are still in stock tomorrow.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 02:28:16 AM

One blue Farmer on order

Just tried to order one but there system seems to think my address is something other then what it is.

Always have to call them to place orders. Hopefully they are still in stock tomorrow.

Your Alox karma must be off after your comment about multiple colors :D

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 02:44:18 AM

One blue Farmer on order

Yeah the mess with people gods are punishing me.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 03:17:53 AM

One blue Farmer on order

Yeah the mess with people gods are punishing me.

Your SAK karma can be renewed if you make yourself a Swiss Army Barbie: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61406.0.html

(hehe)

za Offline Deruoli

Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 11:55:20 AM
The Alox collecting madness attacked me about a week ago. I went to a local store to buy an alox Farmer. They had one and also a soldier and coloured Pioneer solo's. Farmer silver R474 - about $37. Pioneer Soldier R399, about $31. Pioneer silver Solo, about $17. As I am fighting the madness I went home to think and yesterday I decided I am going to buy the Farmer. As luck would have it the farmer was sold out. I then decided to buy the Pioneer sikver solo as my first ribbed alox knige. $17.00.
When I got home my luck changed. In the box marked for the solo (0.8000.26) I found a silver knife with three layers, 5 blades of which one is a saw.
A Farmer!!!
Would you go back? Somewhere someone got a Alox solo farmer!

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 02:23:57 PM
The Alox collecting madness attacked me about a week ago. I went to a local store to buy an alox Farmer. They had one and also a soldier and coloured Pioneer solo's. Farmer silver R474 - about $37. Pioneer Soldier R399, about $31. Pioneer silver Solo, about $17. As I am fighting the madness I went home to think and yesterday I decided I am going to buy the Farmer. As luck would have it the farmer was sold out. I then decided to buy the Pioneer sikver solo as my first ribbed alox knige. $17.00.
When I got home my luck changed. In the box marked for the solo (0.8000.26) I found a silver knife with three layers, 5 blades of which one is a saw.
A Farmer!!!
Would you go back? Somewhere someone got a Alox solo farmer!

I would go back and buy more cheap Farmers. Does that count?

Something like this happened about a year ago with 557 Wengers in S16 boxes. There might be more then just the one like that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:25:32 PM by HarleyXJGuy »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD