Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$2 Challenge- Contender #11

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
$2 Challenge- Contender #11
on: August 21, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
Contender #11 also showed up this week and initially seemed very interesting as so far it is the only one that came with any kind of packaging.

Once you get past the fancy packaging you will notice that the tool is cast out of some very cheap pot metal.  I doubt I would want to use this for any prying or tightening/loosening stubborn screws as we all well know cast metal does not respond well to flexing.

We also recently had a discussion in the Nite Ize DoohicKeys thread regarding exposed blade edges, and this one suffers from exactly the same problem as the Nite Ize version, although maybe to a slightly lesser extent as the cast metal is not likely to take/hold much of an edge, making it potentially slightly safer, but also potentially less useful.

In that same thread I was not too thrilled with the Nite Ize version, but as you can see from Contender #11, it could be worse- much worse.  For example, one of the functions listed is a file. 

These ridges are what they call a file:

If they didn't specifically point them out I might have thought the edge was just poorly finished.  Instead it is a "function" of the tool.

Contender #11 cost me a whopping $1.50.  That was at least a dollar too much.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%