Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$2 Challenge- Disqualified Contender

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
$2 Challenge- Disqualified Contender
on: August 27, 2015, 12:12:29 AM
If you recall from the original $2 Challenge thread because it went a bit over budget.  It was only $.85, but with $5.95 shipping for a total of $6.80. 

This tool is more of a dangler, designed to hold tools, pens, flash drives or whatever EDC gear you might want to hang in your pocket.  I figured this unit would be close to the size of a Victorinox bottle opener, but it is actually almost double the size.  It's a lot bigger and heavier than I'd anticipated.

The finish is actually pretty good on this one as well.  The edges aren't sharp and the grinding on the screwdriver tip is not too bad.

The bit that concerns me with this is that by the time you hang some split rings through the holes, the screwdriver and bottle opener functions are going to be difficult and/or awkward to use.  Plus, if you have a number of other EDC items hanging from it, I have to imagine that you would already have a flathead screwdriver and bottle opener on something else.

In the end it wasn't worth the $6.80, but well worth the original $.85.  Of course, this tool won't compete with the others for the $2 challenge simply because of the excessive shipping cost.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: $2 Challenge- Disqualified Contender
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:26:29 AM
Munroe dangler clone.

Always liked the looks of it but yeah, the size and keychain attachment positions make some of the features unusable.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:10 AM
SPAMCORP has it for 4 USD shipped but still over your limit: Stainless Steel EDC Multi-function Tool Belt Money Key Chain Clip
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:58:03 AM
Canadians, have too much money  :D   :D

http://www.SPAMCORP.com/edc-tools/pp_230578.html

$2.05
a bit over your budget, but just a bit.....
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%