Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAKs & Coffee

Storky · 4466 · 213734

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: SAKs & Coffee
Reply #3210 on: April 25, 2018, 08:06:06 PM
Lots of sweat on this one...it fell in just after, i'm starting to regret joining the danger club    :facepalm:

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl: you did drink the coffee after though?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3211 on: April 25, 2018, 08:15:09 PM
I did what any true sak knight would do..of course i drunk it  :SAKnight:  but only because i had it since new and know its clean  :D  if i was an old beater then sak knight or not..coffee gets binned lol, i'm sure most of us have seen what crud lies beneath the beater sak scales  :dwts:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3212 on: April 25, 2018, 08:56:37 PM
Lots of sweat on this one...it fell in just after, i'm starting to regret joining the danger club    :facepalm:

:2tu:

You still got the money shot!

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3213 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:45 AM
Based on recent events, the Danger Club's legal counsel has advised we must now require all members to wear safety flotation devices when around the coffee mug event horizons and that a Rescue Tool must be on hand. We're arranging for the availability of the Rescue Tool, but Reckless Rambler is not a happy camper. He's complaining the flotation device is too restrictive on his range of motion, it's too bulky, and that he's more likely to fall into the deadly cauldron wearing it than without one. If it's not one thing, it's another with the temperamental talent.

[sigh]

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3214 on: April 28, 2018, 12:07:41 AM
The 75mm SwissBuck PocketMate, not to be outdone by the puny 58mm Reckless Rambler, joins the Danger Club. Per new regulations, the Rescue Tool is on hand ready to swing into action should a rescue be required.

The PocketMate was caught flaunting the new Danger Club regulations requiring safety flotation devices in addition to having a Rescue Tool on duty. The Rescue Tool shouldn't have allowed any stunt to proceed without it either. Both were disciplined with no T&T for two weeks. The Rescue Tool mumbled something about being OK with that as they only get lost, so the Rescue Tool has been doubled to four weeks with no T&T and must perform additional duty during that time. The latter got its attention. PocketMate reappeared in the required safety flotation device, but is none too happy about it, refusing to repeat the feat wearing it. There may be rebellion and insurrection afoot over it. Must rethink the Danger Club policies. The Talent are getting testy.
 :facepalm:

John

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3215 on: April 28, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
if you limit yourself to be in the neighborhood of the cup
and not the seam or the edge of it

no flotation device needed  :whistle:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3216 on: April 28, 2018, 09:22:51 PM
 :like:

I solved the safety issue in the danger club too, bigger knife, smaller cup  :salute:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3217 on: April 28, 2018, 09:43:03 PM
Based on recent events, the Danger Club's legal counsel has advised we must now require all members to wear safety flotation devices when around the coffee mug event horizons and that a Rescue Tool must be on hand. We're arranging for the availability of the Rescue Tool, but Reckless Rambler is not a happy camper. He's complaining the flotation device is too restrictive on his range of motion, it's too bulky, and that he's more likely to fall into the deadly cauldron wearing it than without one. If it's not one thing, it's another with the temperamental talent.

[sigh]

John

:rofl:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3218 on: April 28, 2018, 09:45:18 PM
if you limit yourself to be in the neighborhood of the cup
and not the seam or the edge of it

no flotation device needed  :whistle:

Also, that coffee is not deep enough to require additional safety measures  :D

Great pic TP  :tu:

Great pic

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3219 on: April 28, 2018, 09:46:14 PM

I solved the safety issue in the danger club too, bigger knife, smaller cup  :salute:

That way the SAKomat looks enormous  :o

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3220 on: April 28, 2018, 10:35:07 PM

John

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #3221 on: April 29, 2018, 01:22:33 PM
I warned the Handyman about the new regulations, a discussion ensued because 'thise are not international regulations'. So I let it perform it's acrobatics.
Things went wrong, I managed to catch it. But a little too late and the Handyman ended up with fine crema on it's head.

Handyman Crema
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3222 on: April 29, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
 :rofl: Do they make a plus size flotation device for a Handyman?
Barry

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3223 on: April 29, 2018, 08:52:27 PM
A little wellington boot would have saved it, you really should have noted the risks and taken appropriate measures to make sure all personal protective equipment was in place   :twak: look what happened to mine when i chose to ignore all safety advice, still, its the sort of thing we only do once..or twice  :oops:

No danger club for me today  8)

it Offline Mini

Reply #3224 on: April 29, 2018, 10:16:04 PM
Outdoor with coffee and a beautiful vic. Nothing to add, it's perfect!

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3225 on: April 30, 2018, 03:36:37 PM
:rofl: Do they make a plus size flotation device for a Handyman?
Of course they do . . .

The WorkChamp outfitted in the plus size flotation device. Introduced the WorkChamp and Reckless Rambler both to the new Safety Mug. Reckless Rambler doesn't look amused. WorkChamp is less than enthused, and the Rescue Tool is wondering why it's even there.

Nevertheless, with the threat of lawsuit for breach of contract, the WorkChamp begrudgingly performs as ordered in with a very lackluster delivery. I'm calling his agent later today.

The only tools WorkChamp deployed were pliers and scissors, and kept twitching them while being fitted with the safety flotation device, and while it was being removed. Had to dodge being pinched by them a few times and there was other passive aggressive behavior. There is talk among The Talent about "oppressive work conditions". I fear they may be planning something. The ring leader is Reckless Rambler. Small, but feisty, and mouthy too with endless streams of snarky remarks at times.

John

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3226 on: April 30, 2018, 04:05:20 PM
The ring leader is Reckless Rambler. Small, but feisty, and mouthy too with endless streams of snarky remarks at times.
Ramblers gotta ramble.  :P
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3227 on: April 30, 2018, 10:00:54 PM

Thanks Mini, it's nice just to sit in the middle of nowhere and brew up a coffee, it wasn't a particularly nice spot but the rain had just stopped and the sun came out so now was the time  :tu:

I am pleased to see we are becoming more safety conscious in the danger club, oxymoron much? :D   however i have compiled this simple test to see if any of us have actually learned anything from our H+S briefings  :tu:

Q1: Which of these two are dressed in accordance to all current health and safety regulations ?

Q2: Which is the cutest  :dd:

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #3228 on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:24 PM
The buck SAK's out this year or are they old?

~ i love whittling and SAK's  ~

00 Offline PiterM

Reply #3229 on: April 30, 2018, 10:27:01 PM
Double espresso, custom SAK and Keiser Spritzer in Vienna... what more do you need in life? ;)

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3230 on: May 01, 2018, 12:12:04 AM
The buck SAK's out this year or are they old?

~ i love whittling and SAK's  ~
If that's a question about the Wenger SwissBuck . . . those were made between 1991-1998. Found them "New Old Stock" or in Like New condition.
More information about them in the SAKWiki: http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=SwissBuck+Knife+List

John

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3231 on: May 01, 2018, 12:14:35 AM

Thanks Mini, it's nice just to sit in the middle of nowhere and brew up a coffee, it wasn't a particularly nice spot but the rain had just stopped and the sun came out so now was the time  :tu:

I am pleased to see we are becoming more safety conscious in the danger club, oxymoron much? :D   however i have compiled this simple test to see if any of us have actually learned anything from our H+S briefings  :tu:

Q1: Which of these two are dressed in accordance to all current health and safety regulations ?

Obviously one is going for the pure fashion statement  :D

John

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3232 on: May 03, 2018, 05:24:50 AM
A rebel always flirts with danger...

it Offline Mini

Reply #3233 on: May 03, 2018, 01:19:19 PM

I vote for the light blue with pink shoe  :D :D

it Offline Mini

Reply #3234 on: May 03, 2018, 01:20:40 PM
Double espresso, custom SAK and Keiser Spritzer in Vienna... what more do you need in life? ;)

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3235 on: May 06, 2018, 06:49:43 PM
Another Spork boiling session  :cheers:

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3236 on: May 07, 2018, 06:09:51 AM
Another Spork boiling session  :cheers:

The story of Spork Soup:
Once upon a time (translation: "This ain't no smurf"), a man was wandering with little but the clothes on his back, his trusty spork, and a small cooking pot that could be heated over a fire. He comes into a small town and is starving, but has nothing but his spork and the pot, plus a striking flint and his SAK (to strike it with). Undaunted, as he has done this before, he sets up near the center of town where he can start a small cooking fire, suspending his pot over it with some water from the village well and his spork in it. Soon, someone comes by and asks him what he's doing. "I'm making Spork Soup" he replies. The man looks into the pot and scratches his head. "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? A sliced potato", he tells the inquisitive villager, "and I'll share it with you when it's done". Soon there is a sliced potato in the pot with the two of them watching it simmer. Another villager comes by and asks what's going on. "Spork Soup" they both reply. Then the traveler speaks up, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? A sliced carrot!" Soon there's a sliced carrot in the Spork Soup and the three of them are watching it cook. A third villager happens upon them all watching the pot and asks what they're making. "Spork Soup" they all reply. The traveller once again speaks up, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? Some diced ham". Soon there's diced ham in the Spork Soup and the four of them are watching it cook. Then another villager come up to investigate and now there's a chorus responding "Spork Soup!" And the traveller speaks up again, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? Some pasta - some nice noodles to go with the rest." Now there are five of them watching the Spork Soup simmer, and when it's done, there's enough to feed them all, including the unknown traveler. With a full stomach he heads off for the next town with his spork and his cooking pot.

And that is the story of Spork Soup.

John

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #3237 on: May 07, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

The story of Spork Soup:
Show content
Once upon a time (translation: "This ain't no smurf"), a man was wandering with little but the clothes on his back, his trusty spork, and a small cooking pot that could be heated over a fire. He comes into a small town and is starving, but has nothing but his spork and the pot, plus a striking flint and his SAK (to strike it with). Undaunted, as he has done this before, he sets up near the center of town where he can start a small cooking fire, suspending his pot over it with some water from the village well and his spork in it. Soon, someone comes by and asks him what he's doing. "I'm making Spork Soup" he replies. The man looks into the pot and scratches his head. "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? A sliced potato", he tells the inquisitive villager, "and I'll share it with you when it's done". Soon there is a sliced potato in the pot with the two of them watching it simmer. Another villager comes by and asks what's going on. "Spork Soup" they both reply. Then the traveler speaks up, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? A sliced carrot!" Soon there's a sliced carrot in the Spork Soup and the three of them are watching it cook. A third villager happens upon them all watching the pot and asks what they're making. "Spork Soup" they all reply. The traveller once again speaks up, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? Some diced ham". Soon there's diced ham in the Spork Soup and the four of them are watching it cook. Then another villager come up to investigate and now there's a chorus responding "Spork Soup!" And the traveller speaks up again, "You know what would make this Spork Soup even better? Some pasta - some nice noodles to go with the rest." Now there are five of them watching the Spork Soup simmer, and when it's done, there's enough to feed them all, including the unknown traveler. With a full stomach he heads off for the next town with his spork and his cooking pot.

And that is the story of Spork Soup.

John

nl Offline Mactire404

Reply #3238 on: May 08, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
Centurion enjoys playing barista for an Espresso on the workplace.

DAK93 and Espresso

Sorry for the horrible photo.I tried to save it in post,but it;s still horrible. I work mostly in the dark, or near dark and had to make this under the single halogen spot I have in my room. Luckily I have an Espresso to enjoy now.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3239 on: May 08, 2018, 07:07:55 PM
First try at roasting my own coffee beans. I slow roasted the beans in a carbon-steel pan. I think I got to a "Full City Roast".

Will let the beans cool and 'rest' and try making a brew tomorrow morning.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%