Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New colours from schweizermesser-shop

Corwyn · 50 · 4788

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Re: New colours from schweizermesser-shop
Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 11:29:55 AM
A bit disappointed with these colors, as "petrol blue" seems to have very little difference from the 2015 Limited Edition models. And orange... Well I'm tired of orange alox at this point

I agree, too many "editions" of the same shade. A case in point is the much talked about South African series which, apart from the green, were the same shade as already existing models which are fairly easy to get.
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:32 PM
Having seen pictures of the new alox, I must say that petrol blue is a very, very handsome color, and now I'm sorry that no 84mm was done in it. I won't repost others' photos, but there are plenty in the Victorinox Alox group on Facebook. It's a wonderful, nearly turquoise blue
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

us Offline Halberdier

Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 12:47:19 PM
Having seen pictures of the new alox, I must say that petrol blue is a very, very handsome color, and now I'm sorry that no 84mm was done in it. I won't repost others' photos, but there are plenty in the Victorinox Alox group on Facebook. It's a wonderful, nearly turquoise blue

My exact sentiment. We need a Cadet in this color. Roger!? Where are you Roger!!?

I complained that I had no hat, until I met a man who had no head.

bavaria Offline achindoon

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 07:26:14 PM
My German is not goo...  I could not find a country option other than Germany... are these only for sale in Germany?

I can be your german Mailing Address and forward stuff, just PM me if interested.
Others are free to do so, too - Unless my home becomes a post office.  ;)

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 11:45:09 PM
Very nice. I have them on the way to me as we speak.  :mail:

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 02:50:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up achindoon.... The new colours are really unique and exciting. I just ordered mine as well.

Hmm... I'm just wondering, am I the one who influenced Axel to come up with the lilac/purple alox?  :whistle:

Enough of the blue and orange variations.... We need more shades of of other colours like purple or brown

If so, I want all of these exciting colours to be made for the cadet line as well.  :gimme:

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 03:12:07 PM
I have to mention yet again that Victorinox did some colors in the limited 50 runs, which collectors pay good money for (upwards of 300$) and now repeating them is a giant middle finger from Victorinox to the loyal collectors. I know that I will be upset if I see another purple Cadet, I know how much effort I had to put in to get mine...

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

Offline carjack18

Reply #38 on: September 20, 2015, 05:37:15 PM
I guess in the end Victorinox is like most Company in the world whereby they always look at their books to ensure it is profitable.
Us as collector are always short changed :) 

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: September 20, 2015, 08:16:39 PM
I have to mention yet again that Victorinox did some colors in the limited 50 runs, which collectors pay good money for (upwards of 300$) and now repeating them is a giant middle finger from Victorinox to the loyal collectors. I know that I will be upset if I see another purple Cadet, I know how much effort I had to put in to get mine...

I feel for anyone who paid $300.00 for a Cadet.I don't believe it's the responsibility of Victorinox to give these buyers some special status and by doing so ignore the request of their dealers and customers to provide more colors for the burgeoning Alox market.

Any person who collects should be aware of the fluctuations in the market  and the possibility that their purchase may not be worth more in the future.That's the chance any collector risks in buying a collectible.My advice has always been to buy what you like and hope for the best.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #40 on: September 20, 2015, 09:52:25 PM
Value is not the issue here. The problem is stating that there are only 50 or 100 of a certain model, and then putting out virtually the exact same thing in 2 years in another 100 or more pieces. That's downright lying to the collectors

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 03:50:55 AM
Value is not the issue here. The problem is stating that there are only 50 or 100 of a certain model, and then putting out virtually the exact same thing in 2 years in another 100 or more pieces. That's downright lying to the collectors

I can understand it may be frustrating.

I kinda wonder what exactly are the terms when they are putting out that 100 or 50 models.  Do they put it on a certificate to say only making 50 that year or eternity?  Also, there are so much gradation in colors that are the new colors exactly the same?

us Offline murrydan

Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 09:18:30 PM

I understand the anger, but I don't think the SMS purple is the same as the violet of the past… the new purple looks much darker than the bright, vibrant violet. The same with the blue with red shield Cadets, the 2015 Danish models are a little darker than the 2012 edition.

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 11:39:42 AM

I think this is the sign of things to come. Sadly I don't think there are any exclusive colours anymore. I have a new contact in Switzerland that has a very close attachment to the factory and have been told they have a huge amount of new orders for Alox in the system in lots of colours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 11:47:36 AM
... so sell your collections  now, before the prices go down  :D

Weren't they supposed to stop making special/limited editions of coloured alox for shops as of next year, making only one official special alox model per year?  (This year it was the blue 2015 range)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 12:07:17 PM
... so sell your collections  now, before the prices go down  :D

Weren't they supposed to stop making special/limited editions of coloured alox for shops as of next year, making only one official special alox model per year?  (This year it was the blue 2015 range)

Thankfully I buy for my own collection and trade with other collectors.
I'm probably in the minority but I could not care any less about future value or price drops.

I only know about the orders up to the end of this year.
So maybe next year it will change?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 12:43:59 PM
iI think MWDP mentioned that in a post -there was an announcement by vic about it, from what I remember, a few months ago.

Maybe they are just doing lots this year, since it will be the last year...

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:13 PM
iI think MWDP mentioned that in a post -there was an announcement by vic about it, from what I remember, a few months ago.

Maybe they are just doing lots this year, since it will be the last year...

Yes I remember that.
It would make sense with all the large orders before the end of the year.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 12:53:13 PM
so maybe buying lots now will be a good "nest egg" idea..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%