Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hat Light

J-sews · 10 · 2871

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Hat Light
on: January 16, 2007, 03:09:44 AM
Have you guys seen these nifty little things? They have three bright LED's in them, and clip onto the brim of your hat. I must say, they work pretty damn good. I tried a couple of the bigger head lamp units previously, years ago. I think one was a Browning brand, the other I can't remember. They had a bunch of crazy straps and such. You were supposed to attach the thing directly onto your head. Much too heavy and clumsy. 

I go out before dawn a lot in the summer and fall. Whether I'm setting fishing lines before daylight, or putting out duck decoys, or carrying a bow back to my stand, this LED hat light is handy for allowing me to keep both hands free.

* hatlite1.jpg (Filesize: 62.65 KB)

* hatlite2.jpg (Filesize: 64.77 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Hat Light
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 03:11:54 AM
I think Esteban has one of those now...  Maybe he'll have something to say about it.

Great little gadget from the look of it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:18:20 AM
Those are neat.  I've seen them, but never talked to anyone that has used one.

I have several lights that I EDC that serve double-duty as hat lights, with heavy-duty clips that slide tightly onto a brim.  I use headlamps when working outside the house at night also.   You can't beat the convenience of hands free on many occasions.
- Terry

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:37:06 PM
I agree. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that fact though. All it took was one morning of both hands available, and I was convinced.

Usually I am a big advocate of "better is always better", but this el cheapo hat light only cost a bit over $5. It's small, lightweight, and hardly noticable. I've forgotten I was even wearing it on a couple occasions, suddenly realizing and shutting it off well after daybreak. And if it gets knocked overboard or lost, I'm not out that much.

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:56:27 PM
i jut recived one of those a few days ago, i haven't tryed it yet, i'll let you know as soon as i use it :)

Esteban

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 02:50:46 AM
I saw those a few months ago but didn't buy one.  Glad to hear it works for you Bob.  Now I want to get one.  I usually use a River Rock headlamp from Target. 
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:58:03 AM
I saw those a few months ago but didn't buy one.  Glad to hear it works for you Bob.  Now I want to get one.  I usually use a River Rock headlamp from Target. 

Really?! I guess I was figuring you had a set of night-vision goggles or an infrared scope or something.......I never imagined you would use an ordinary head lamp for getting around after dark. 

:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 02:59:43 AM
I like to set my hair on fire.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 07:57:57 PM
ijust love mine! only bad thing is that i don't like much wear a baseball cap, but since one of my love bonnie hats is stiff enough is doing the trick so far ;)

Esteban

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 08:55:37 PM
I am glad you are getting some use out of it.

I'd hate to have to get you to send it back to me! :P

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%