Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$2 Challenge- Contender #3

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
$2 Challenge- Contender #3
on: September 10, 2015, 11:33:21 PM
Contender #3 may not actually be a good contender as it is simply a small pry bar and doesn’t really have any other functions.  One could make the argument that being a pry bar and nail puller means it has multiple functions, but in reality both of those are pry bar functions, and this one really is quite limited.

I’ve always wondered what the benefit of this size pry bar is- pry bars work on leverage, and something that is two and a half to three inches long doesn’t seem like it would give a lot of actual leverage to pry or pull anything.  The only things I can really see this sized pry bar useful for is pulling brad nails and pulling automotive trim- and I’m not even sure how good it would be for either of those.  It kind of reminds me of my tiny hammer multitool although this one does seem at least a little more functional than it.

One thing I can’t fault on this one is the quality of manufacturing.  While fit doesn’t play into it as there is only one piece, the finish on this one is flawless.  Again though, it is one simple piece and basically just a bent strip of metal, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to finish properly.

This one cost me $1.90, and while it is probably worth it to those that like pry bars, I have to say there are better tools in our $2 Challenge that would pry at least as well and have other functions as well.  If this one was $1, I’d probably say to go for it, but I can’t help but think that $1.90 is too much for a pretty finish on a pretty pry bar.

Def
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:41:52 PM by Grant Lamontagne »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%