Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Latest updates...

Whoey · 11 · 1277

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Latest updates...
on: September 12, 2015, 03:53:30 PM
So we had to do a bit of rollback and reinstall, so some tweaks we had in the past are lost temporarily while I weed them out.

Please let me know if things are still misbehaving...
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: Latest updates...
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:27:12 PM
It's displaying very strangely on my phone. The header is all centre justified, and people's posts have their avatar and details above the post rather than to the left. The whole page is also displaying very "slim"

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 05:03:12 PM
I suspect that's the "responsive" theme I installed that is based off the 2.1 beta

I wanted to take advantage of the updates to test how it works vs our current "mobile" theme as google is complaining about compatibility.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:05 PM
Please switch the responsive theme off, or give us the option of using it or not. It doesn't display nicely at all in portrait on my phone (nexus 4, chrome) or tablet (nexus 7, chrome) and the lack of available information sends like a backwards step. Browsing in landscape on the tablet is rubbish, portrait is much nicer.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:39 PM
Ahhhh, that's better!

Home, sweet home!

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 01:00:42 AM
Please switch the responsive theme off, or give us the option of using it or not. It doesn't display nicely at all in portrait on my phone (nexus 4, chrome) or tablet (nexus 7, chrome) and the lack of available information sends like a backwards step. Browsing in landscape on the tablet is rubbish, portrait is much nicer.
It's gone, agreed it looked off on my Nexus 4 as well, but was actually nice on my Samsung tab S 8.4

Sadly without some further control vs automatic it's not useful to us at this point and we already have the other decent mobile theme or tapatalk, more than enough options.

us Offline SAKnight

• 5.0 HO
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 01:07:20 AM
It's gone, agreed it looked off on my Nexus 4 as well, but was actually nice on my Samsung tab S 8.4

Sadly without some further control vs automatic it's not useful to us at this point and we already have the other decent mobile theme or tapatalk, more than enough options.

Agreed about the options.

But I gotta say, while I didn't prefer the alternate new layout, it's really cool to know you guys are always working on improvements, and have us in mind when you make changes! Makes it feel very inviting here, thank you to all those who put the time in  :salute:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 07:51:49 AM

Thanks whoey. :tu:

The mobile theme is pretty good I reckon, though I only use it when I'm not on WiFi. The standard layout works well for me on phone or tablet. (Though it doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment ??? )
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:56:46 AM by hiraethus »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 07:54:25 AM
I posted this in another thread, but was looking for this one. I noticed a problem when sending a PM. Not sure what caused it, but if it happens again I will let you know.
I'm the milk man!

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:57 PM
The "Show Likes notification" link at the top of the page looks different than before. Not really a big deal I guess :P
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 01:23:01 PM
Things should be behaving now. I'm obviously more worried about things working right than looking different at the moment, some things we updated went up several versions, so may have changed a lot. I'm hoping it's pretty close to where it was before, but now with everything up to date.

It's not easy maintaining this beast with a 1GB database and over 100,000 attachment files, the forum reports that we actually have 47759 (x2 for the thumbnails of each one). :facepalm: I suspect we have a lot of orphaned files from upgrades, but there's no easy way to find out without going through the whole attachment list and checking each one, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%