Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teach me about Air rifles please.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Teach me about Air rifles please.
Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:15 AM
That looks pretty sweet mate.  :)  Like you say, good for a 60 year old.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 10:47:46 AM
Thanks mate :cheers:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 01:01:57 PM
Pic's as requested :) (sorry for there lack of quality, I'm still not much good at macro shot's :()
(Image removed from quote.)
Not bad for a lady who's just turned 60 :)

aint SHE a beauty,really :cheers:

Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 01:04:15 PM
Thanks Mikko :cheers:

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:23 PM
Between her and Helen Mirren I can't decide who is the better looking older woman

Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 10:28:58 PM
Between her and Helen Mirren I can't decide who is the better looking older woman
Hmm that is a tough one, but for an older women you can't beat Raquel Welsh :drool:, both her and Sophia Loren look damn fine for there age :)

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 02:25:05 AM
Some folks seem to really like the Benjamin Discovery air rifle. It's called a fuel setup, can use CO2 or PCP.
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/benjamin-discovery-air-dual-fuel-rifle.shtml

I have a trigger smoothed, outfitted with a Williams Peep site Benjamin 392. It's a pumper in .22.
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/benjamin-392-pump-air-rifle.shtml

They also come with a pump assist mechanism.
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=1518

I like pumpers (stop laughing now), they are self contained and I can control how much power I want. Less power, fewer pumps ....... more power, more pumps. That way I can kill rats with more pumps, or just punch paper with fewer pumps. But let me warn you, the stock Benjamin's take some effort to get to the full 8 pumps. Starts getting tougher after about 4-5 pumps.

Couple of Airgun forums:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/

Mike
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:29:18 AM by mike »
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 10:23:12 AM
Thanks for that mate, I'm not into Co'2, but those pump rifle's look ideal :)

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:14 AM
yeah gotta like the pump! :P

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 01:16:31 PM
Go for the Benjamin Blue Streak!
B

Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 10:57:06 PM
Seeing as there's a fair few Airgunners on here now, I thought a little thread necromancy was in order :)

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 08:48:34 PM
So what have you got now?
(

Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 10:07:54 PM
An old BSA Airsporter and a Webley Nemesis courtesy of Chris (Magic Bus) :)

Offline Abstraction

Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 12:15:38 AM
Gun licenses arn't that hard to get Micky - though the actual laws have been amended so many time's they make no sense at all. As far as I understand it you just need to take proof of purchase of a UK approved gun cabinet, two references, £50, four passport photos and some ID to a police station and apply.  Once you fill out the form, which asks you your reasons for wanting a license etc, then as long as you don't have a criminal record an officer will visit your home (usually within 28 days) before approving your license.

I've been thinking about getting into shotguns myself, I love claypigeon shooting but it's an expensive habit unfortunately and i just cant afford it right now so will have to make do with heading down there with a couple of my mates who shoot and using their guns.  There's still a gunshop operating near me so i'm suprised Kent has completely lost it's gunshops, i would have expected the rural community around that area to keep them going!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 03:47:53 AM
Gun licenses arn't that hard to get Micky - though the actual laws have been amended so many time's they make no sense at all. As far as I understand it you just need to take proof of purchase of a UK approved gun cabinet, two references, £50, four passport photos and some ID to a police station and apply.  Once you fill out the form, which asks you your reasons for wanting a license etc, then as long as you don't have a criminal record an officer will visit your home (usually within 28 days) before approving your license.

I've been thinking about getting into shotguns myself, I love claypigeon shooting but it's an expensive habit unfortunately and i just cant afford it right now so will have to make do with heading down there with a couple of my mates who shoot and using their guns.  There's still a gunshop operating near me so i'm suprised Kent has completely lost it's gunshops, i would have expected the rural community around that area to keep them going!

What would be considered  good reasons for wanting a license,and what's considred insufficient reason?
I

Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 07:06:43 AM

Thanks for that mate :), I'll store that info away for a later day as sadly I'm in the same boat money wise ::)

As for Kent, what rural communities :(, we're no longer the garden of England :cry:

@Bob,  target shooting and hunting would be considered valid reasons as long as you've got proof, ie club or landowners permission :)

Offline Abstraction

Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:33 AM

What would be considered  good reasons for wanting a license,and what's considred insufficient reason?

What Micky said  :D Though farming is another good reason. Of course a gun license here doesn't give you the same permissions it does over there; We're still limited to shotguns and air rifles and can only carry them if they've got a sleeve locked on them at all times in public areas.  I don't neccessarily disagree with the gun laws over here mind, as while the direction the rest of our rights are going is plain scary, gun crime isn't an issue over here despite the odd media frenzy about the occassional shooting.  It still puts the fear of god into me that someday i'll be having to use government approved plastic safety knives to cut my tomatoes though :P

Thanks for that mate :), I'll store that info away for a later day as sadly I'm in the same boat money wise ::)

As for Kent, what rural communities :(, we're no longer the garden of England :cry:

@Bob,  target shooting and hunting would be considered valid reasons as long as you've got proof, ie club or landowners permission :)

I've got a fair few mates in kent and there's still the same manor houses, mansions set in the middle of nowhere and large areas of field, so i would have expected the upper classes to keep funding gun shops.  I guess the hunting ban has killed that off though and farmers are struggling enough as it is without funding a shotgun habit :( 

Rural Essex/Hertfordshire is going to be headed the same way sooner or later i guess, i know the farmers directly around me are already being bullied to sell off their land for Stansted airport and housing developments, and from the noises they are making it's a case of when, not if, they sell  ???  There's a plan to build an 'eco town' right in between my village and the next one - no services, utilities, shops or pubs, just 10,000 houses slap bang in the middle of two very seperate rural identities, destroying the communities which have developed and stretching what little transport links and services we do have.  Britain really is getting far too full!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 12:01:18 PM
We're still limited to shotguns and air rifles

Abstraction, are you sure mate?  I'm pretty certain we don't take down red deer with an air rifle.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline Abstraction

Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 01:22:59 PM

Abstraction, are you sure mate?  I'm pretty certain we don't take down red deer with an air rifle.

Heh, sorry mate, the combination of reading the title and the early morning must have thrown me; i didn't mean to write the 'air' part, i think it was just stuck in my brain  :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 03:50:00 PM

Heh, sorry mate, the combination of reading the title and the early morning must have thrown me; i didn't mean to write the 'air' part, i think it was just stuck in my brain  :D

I kinda thought that's what you meant.  :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 03:51:52 PM
Mike, what is the restriction on owning air rifles over here now?
Basically you've got to be over 14 to own a rifle, 17 a pistol (but that may have changed now). you're aloud up to 12lb per square foot in a rifle, and 6 in a pistol, and you most have it covered in public.

But your no longer aloud to buy one over the internet >:(, so good luck finding a gunshop ::)

Good job I am not into them then ey.  :)

Are there any near us?

Good job you're still not into them isn't it?  Could end up costing you money that.  ;)

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 06:01:46 PM

One of my mates from another forum lives in England and he has a suppressed .223 bolt action rifle.
(

Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 07:12:34 PM

One of my mates from another forum lives in England and he has a suppressed .223 bolt action rifle.
Your only aloud to supress a .22 over here I think, so he may be telling porkie pies.

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 08:04:36 PM

Your only aloud to supress a .22 over here I think, so he may be telling porkie pies.

I've seen a picture of it. And a .223 is .22 caliber if I'm not mistaken.
(

Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:16 PM

I've seen a picture of it. And a .223 is .22 caliber if I'm not mistaken.
Nope .22 as in rimfire, not centre fire :)

I'm fairly certain you'd need a section 5 (to all intents and purposes impossible to obtain) to have a suppressed .223.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 12:37:54 PM
Mike, what is the restriction on owning air rifles over here now?
Basically you've got to be over 14 to own a rifle, 17 a pistol (but that may have changed now). you're aloud up to 12lb per square foot in a rifle, and 6 in a pistol, and you most have it covered in public.

But your no longer aloud to buy one over the internet >:(, so good luck finding a gunshop ::)

Good job I am not into them then ey.  :)

Are there any near us?

Good job you're still not into them isn't it?  Could end up costing you money that.  ;)

Bloody Phil and Dave.  >:(
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69