Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisschamp pouch!

dk Offline theilmann

Swisschamp pouch!
on: September 18, 2015, 11:43:07 PM
Any ideas?
I am looking for a belt pouch for my swisschamp. 
It should hold, off course, my swisschamp, and my LED Lenser P3.
- Any ideas?

With kind regards
/Bo Theilmann

Sendt fra min SM-G900F med Tapatalk

'If you risk nothing you gain nothing' (by Bear Grylls)

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Re: Swisschamp pouch!
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 01:02:53 AM
 :ahhh
Few ideas, but then P3 thing problem occurs >:D

Btw

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:26:41 AM
Not even a challenge. The Lenser is a big head AAA light correct?

Google Skinth, contact Metro, profit.

Welcome.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 05:54:15 AM
I've got a nylon vic pouch that my swisschamp fits in with a solitaire, I'll try my p3 when I get home  :tu:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
Depending on the size of your flashlight, Leatherman's nylon sheath for the Wave ought to work.  I carried a Craftsman in mine while waiting for a Leatherman PST II to arrive (which was too small for the pouch).   A couple months later, I bought a leather sheath for the Craftsman, and a Leatherman Super Tool currently resides in that pouch. 

I carry a Mini Maglite in the side webbing of the Wave sheath often, along with a 5 inch Crescent wrench in the other elastic loop.

It's also cheap, at only around $5.  Only thing to worry about is the hole in the bottom intended so that the tool can be put into the pouch with the pliers open--the hole stretches.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 02:24:34 PM
I concur, as I carry my Swisschamp in my Wave sheath and it fits perfectly :tu:
SAW

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 04:19:20 PM
The pouch ive got here only has enough room for the solitaire, the wave pouch seems a good option  :tu:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 01:11:49 PM
I visited the Victorinox site to check on their nylon pouches. The Wenger nylon pouch I have right now allows vertical carry only. I prefer horizontal carry. I can't see in the Victorinox site if their nylon pouches are capable of horizontal carry.

Can anyone help identify which model can be carried horizontally?  ???

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 06:48:43 AM
I visited the Victorinox site to check on their nylon pouches. The Wenger nylon pouch I have right now allows vertical carry only. I prefer horizontal carry. I can't see in the Victorinox site if their nylon pouches are capable of horizontal carry.

Horizontal is rediculous.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 06:57:30 AM

I honestly never even considered horizontal carry for a champ until seeing these posts, but now I have to ask. Why is it rediculous?

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 07:27:21 AM

Because of my body structure, I find it infinitely more comfortable to do horizontal carry. I've done it with my Leatherman Charge for a month and barely noticed it on me even when sitting down for 8 hours. Its placed next to my appendix and is more discrete than vertical carry when I'm wearing untucked shirt.

A SwissChamp is more compact and lighter than a Charge, as we all know :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:52:13 AM by an0nemus »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 08:47:19 AM

Off the top of my head Vic offers a leather pouch for a Swisschamp which comes in a variant with a rotatable metal belt clip that besides vertical also allows horizontal and, if needed, diagonal carry. Would that be an option? I don't think the nylon pouches are available in that variant...

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 09:02:08 AM

Off the top of my head Vic offers a leather pouch for a Swisschamp which comes in a variant with a rotatable metal belt clip that besides vertical also allows horizontal and, if needed, diagonal carry. Would that be an option? I don't think the nylon pouches are available in that variant...

I used to own both a leather and nylon pouches for my LEatherman and I prefer nylon simply because its more flat than leather. The reason Im going for discrete carry is because its less hassle in the streets when a SAK on your belt is detected  :(

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 02:00:59 PM
I used leather pouches for decades. Just recently, I found that my Nitenumen NE01 nylon pouch (the light goes for around 20 euros, so practically the pouch is for free) fits exactly the Swisschamp, saves A LOT of space and has many carrying options (not horizontal though).

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 06:44:10 PM
I used leather pouches for decades. Just recently, I found that my Nitenumen NE01 nylon pouch (the light goes for around 20 euros, so practically the pouch is for free) fits exactly the Swisschamp, saves A LOT of space and has many carrying options (not horizontal though).

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks about right, except with no horizontal carry for me. I've been thinking also about the cellphone pouch that used to be popular during the pre-smartphone era. I wonder if they're still available somewhere.

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

This may be what you're looking for: https://aty-baty.com.ua/p111015938-chehol-nejlonovyj-remen.html.

I don't know why some obscure items can be found in Ukraine and Russia, but it's something I've noticed before when tracking down certain catalogue code items  ???.  If you call a Victorinox flagship store they may be able to get one if you quote item code 4.0545.3H

EDIT: Looks like it can be found in Western Europe as well: http://shop.messerjoker.de/Synthetik-Etui-schwarz-horizontral_1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:17:33 PM by Little Tinker »

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 10:25:56 PM

This may be what you're looking for: https://aty-baty.com.ua/p111015938-chehol-nejlonovyj-remen.html.

I don't know why some obscure items can be found in Ukraine and Russia, but it's something I've noticed before when tracking down certain catalogue code items  ???.  If you call a Victorinox flagship store they may be able to get one if you quote item code 4.0545.3H

EDIT: Looks like it can be found in Western Europe as well: http://shop.messerjoker.de/Synthetik-Etui-schwarz-horizontral_1

That looks perfect. If anyone could find that from a more accessable vendor that would be awesome!  :drool:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 02:41:39 AM

This may be what you're looking for: https://aty-baty.com.ua/p...hol-nejlonovyj-remen.html.

I don't know why some obscure items can be found in Ukraine and Russia, but it's something I've noticed before when tracking down certain catalogue code items  ??? .  If you call a Victorinox flagship store they may be able to get one if you quote item code 4.0545.3H

EDIT: Looks like it can be found in Western Europe as well: http://shop.messerjoker.d...tui-schwarz-horizontral_1
That looks perfect. If anyone could find that from a more accessable vendor that would be awesome!  :drool:

THANK YOU, Little Tinker! EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Now the hunt begins!  :SAKnight:

I'll also let you know, GD, if and when I find this elusive animal  :viking:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 03:43:20 PM
Gene just told me that he used to own this before and it's designed for SwissTool so the SwissChamp will not fit snugly.

I was also in our local mall and saw some surplus phone pouches. Exactly what I'm looking for. Best part is it's only $2 each!

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 05:50:06 PM

What?  :think:  I have to disagree  :D   

How people carry their knives and tools is based on personal tastes and activities, so to each, his/her own.  :cheers:

I've been using horizontal pouches for some carries for years because they're less obtrusive and they are comfortable. It started with the Belt Hugger (no longer made AFAIK), then I found Rainbow of California, who made the knife sheaths in multiple sizes (they haven't been advertising these for the last year). Luckily they were very inexpensive so I bought a few extras; the smaller one fits 2-3 layer SAKs or my LM Juice S2 or KF4, and the larger one works for the 4-6 layer SAKs. I primarily use these when I'm carrying the Yeoman, either of the Juices or the Explorer. Depending on what I'm doing, I can carry the Rainbow pouches either vertically or horizontally. I still prefer to carry the Champions, the CT34, and most larger LM or Gerber MUTs vertically because of their thickness.

Horizontal sheaths_1.jpg
* Horizontal sheaths_1.jpg (Filesize: 169.01 KB)
Horizontal sheaths_2.jpg
* Horizontal sheaths_2.jpg (Filesize: 235.48 KB)
Horizontal sheaths_3.jpg
* Horizontal sheaths_3.jpg (Filesize: 273.05 KB)
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 05:55:28 PM

How people carry their knives and tools is based on personal tastes and activities, so to each, his/her own.  :cheers:

I've been using horizontal pouches for some carries for years because they're less obtrusive and they are comfortable. It started with the Belt Hugger (no longer made AFAIK), then I found Rainbow of California, who made the knife sheaths in multiple sizes (they haven't been advertising these for the last year). Luckily they were very inexpensive so I bought a few extras; the smaller one fits 2-3 layer SAKs or my LM Juice S2 or KF4, and the larger one works for the 4-6 layer SAKs. I primarily use these when I'm carrying the Yeoman, either of the Juices or the Explorer. Depending on what I'm doing, I can carry the Rainbow pouches either vertically or horizontally. I still prefer to carry the Champions, the CT34, and most larger LM or Gerber MUTs vertically because of their thickness.
Those rainbow of california pouches look awesome. Where do you get them?

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 06:03:52 PM

Those rainbow of california pouches look awesome. Where do you get them?

Purchased directly from Rainbow of California, but they haven't been advertising/showing these for the last year that I'm aware of. 
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 06:10:32 PM
Alright, we need to find a nice horizontal sheath for the Swisschamp that is in stock and orderable! I have been looking around myself to no avail.  :ahhh

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 06:18:25 PM

If only these are available in my country!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 06:20:08 PM
Alright, we need to find a nice horizontal sheath for the Swisschamp that is in stock and orderable! I have been looking around myself to no avail.  :ahhh
Or go the custom route? A South African policeman shared to me his own design

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 06:21:08 PM
That's it, I am learning leatherworking!  :crash:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 06:22:46 PM
That's it, I am learning leatherworking!  :crash:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 02:45:10 AM
I found a temporary solution when I found a phone pouch selling for $2. I don't think this will last but I'll give it a try and see if I'll like horizontal EDC of my SwissChamp

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 07:05:03 AM
There is room for more... a small torch?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:07:42 AM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 07:52:17 AM
There is room for more... a small torch?

Yes, it could actually hold my Super Tinker on top of the SwissChamp but there's no stopping it from falling out of the sides

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%