Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$2 Challenge- Contender #12

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
$2 Challenge- Contender #12
on: September 22, 2015, 01:49:24 PM
Contender #12 showed up while I was away on vacation- or at least it sort of did.  This is the tool I was expecting and had ordered:

And this is what arrived:

On the surface this would appear to be an upgrade- the ordered tool was a couple of wrench cutouts, a bottle opener and a dangler function for carrying keys or other tools.  The tool that arrived has seven wrench cutouts, a bottle opener, a scraper and a concave strap and string cutter.

I'm not a fan of exposed blades, so the scraper would have caused this one to go right out the window if it had been sharp.  Luckily it is not, although if someone wanted to put an edge there they could.

Overall the tool seems well made and the cutouts seem crisply cut out.  I haven't yet had an opportunity to use any of the tool yet, but just finish wise it seems to sit with the best of the $2 Challenge tools and pretty close to most full production tools from the big manufacturers.

I have also contacted the seller and let them know that I have received the wrong tool, and I have been assured that the correct one has been sent out.

This tool (or rather then one I ordered!) was purchased for $1.25 and for that money I think I would be happy with the tool that was received.  That may change once I have used the tool a bit, but so far I don't think you can go wrong with it.  However, as it is not the tool I ordered, I'm not sure this can be considered a good purchase unless you find a listing for this specific tool.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: $2 Challenge- Contender #12
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:42:02 PM
A funny thing happened when I picked up the mail today.....

I had contacted the seller when I realized they had sent the wrong tool and they said they would send the right one out immediately.  Well, it arrived today....  sort of....

What actually happened was that they sent out a second "wrong" tool, so now I have two tools, neither of which are the one I ordered.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made an airplane....  :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:40:35 AM
Haha.  :facepalm:

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:07:16 PM

That's funny  :) Never heard that one before. I've got to use it today, hope u don't mind me stealing your line.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:56:10 PM
My boss ordered a party tent, they delivered THREE times the wrong one! Simply because they had a mis-match of product number in their web-shop and their storage :facepalm:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:34 PM
My boss ordered a party tent, they delivered THREE times the wrong one! Simply because they had a mis-match of product number in their web-shop and their storage :facepalm:

:clap:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 12:21:12 AM

That's funny  :) Never heard that one before. I've got to use it today, hope u don't mind me stealing your line.

Go for it, I stole it from someone else many years ago.   I'm not smart enough to come up with these things myself!

Def

us Offline tinkertailor

Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 03:58:25 AM
A funny thing happened when I picked up the mail today.....

I had contacted the seller when I realized they had sent the wrong tool and they said they would send the right one out immediately.  Well, it arrived today....  sort of....

(Image removed from quote.)

What actually happened was that they sent out a second "wrong" tool, so now I have two tools, neither of which are the one I ordered.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made an airplane....  :facepalm:

Def
D'oh!
On the bright side, when you put them together like that they look like angry hedgehogs! :rofl:
fledgling knife nerd

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 12:52:37 AM
I thought they looked like a crash helmet for Sonic the Hedgehog...

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%